Lego 1/2 Scale Trent 1000

Discussion of general LEGO topics
DarkTemplar
Leonardo

Lego 1/2 Scale Trent 1000

Post by DarkTemplar »

Hi all,

Not sure if many of you have seen this yet, but it has been circling around work and I know there a quite a few engineers out there that would find this just as awesome as I did.

Anyway at this years Farnborough airshow in the UK, there's an area dedicated to innovation and aimed to attract young people between the age of 11-21; so that they can see what aerospace can offer for their future careers. Major industry players have put together special displays in the innovation area. However Rolls-Royce have taken the cake with their exhibit. They have created a half scale model of a Trent 1000 engine made up of more than 150,000 bricks - And it even moves! The Trent 1000 is the Engine that powers the 787 Dreamliner
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHsao-IhyQQ

Medieval Guy
Squire

Re: Lego 1/2 Scale Trent 1000

Post by Medieval Guy »

I saw this on Flickr and added it to my Favorites. I wasn't aware that it could move, though.
[url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/70980]MOCpages[/url]
nanuck95
Court jester

Post by nanuck95 »

DarkTemplar wrote:The Trent 1000 is one of the Engines that powers the 787 Dreamliner
*cough* fixed *cough*

Several people sent this to me as well. Even at 1/2 scale it's pretty big, and pretty impressive. I've thought of doing something like this before only much smaller scale but haven't taken a crack at it yet. Despite the fact that I work for the competitor, I can still appreciate that it's pretty cool though. :D
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Yeah this is a pretty amazing model. I was even more impressed when I saw that it "functions" as well! (though I doubt it produces much in the way of thrust ;) )
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!