Classic-Castle.com

The source for all your LEGO Castle needs!

Garrettsbrau Castle

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations

Garrettsbrau Castle

Postby jaydawg » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:02 am

I've been working on this off and on for almost two years. Ideally I would have been able to but some better detail on the outside, but with baby #1 on the way I needed to finish ASAP since the "LEGO room" will soon become a nursery (my wife has been very patient so I'm grateful I've had this long to work). The next challenge will be carefully disassembling and reconstructing in a smaller room. First gallery is on MOC pages: http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/333665
Second set of pictures (in daylight) is at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/30878760@N07/

Hope you all enjoy.
Last edited by jaydawg on Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jaydawg
Serf

Re: Garrettsbrau Castle

Postby The Flowers of Time » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:55 am

Can you hear the sound of all of our jaws hitting the floor from where you're sitting? :D
Once I got over the size of this MOC, I was impressed all over again by the neat texture and details on the walls.
My only complaints - and far be it from me to criticize :shock: - are that the outside landscape is a little sparse for the scale of the build, and somehow the space inside the walls still seems a little empty in spite of its contents.

Also, best wishes to you on the new addition to your family.

Cheers,
The Flowers of Time
The Flowers of Time
Serf

Postby lord_of_orks » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:39 am

the first thing I thought when I saw this was ITS HUGE! :twitch: this has to be one of the largest lego castles I ever seen and as the flowers of time said the texture of the walls is great :) you've done a great job with the cobblestone path ways in side the walls, it looks quite impressive from above, but both the interior and exterior landscapes look a bit flat. I think adding some green plates to give the land height and in the case of the outside scattering some foliage around(even if its no more than a few pine trees)would do wonders for it.

P.S. does it have an interior?
Image brickshelf flicker
one for all! all for one! every man for him self!
lord_of_orks
Squire

Postby soccerkid6 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:43 am

Very impressive! The moat with double gatehouses is really well done, I also like the buttresses you put on the walls :D
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
My website: http://brickbuilt.org
soccerkid6
Sheriff

Postby athronieth » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:53 pm

Like everyone else I am WOWED by the castle size and layout/design. My own building focuses on much smaller castle design in a large "world" setting, but I love seeing what those who prefer the mega-structure design come up with. Since my own "world" build has been ongoing for 15 years, I appreciate you posting pics even before you finish the interior and landscaping details as that will take many more $$$ and hours.

P.S. Hope the new baby is healthy and a good sleeper!
athronieth
Laborer

Postby Tastymuffins » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:16 am

Woah. That's really amazing try to add some nice landscaping later for sure! That would really bring this incredible build to the next level!
Tastymuffins
Geoffrey of Monmouth

Postby friskywhiskers » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:55 am

'scuse me for a minute, I seem to have misplaced my jaw :wink: ! This is right up there with Anthony's Ulmaris Castle as one of the best lego castles ever.
friskywhiskers
Landlord

Postby Eklund » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:44 pm

Wow, I love this. It's shear size is just incredible. Great job on the cobblestone path inside too!
You would rather be building right now.
ImageImageImage
My Flickr
Eklund
Man-At-Arms

Postby Daken the Bladesmith » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:53 pm

That is an amazing castle! All the detail is astounding and the size is incredible :twitch: Congratz on the baby and good luck moving the castle! Will you be updating it? Perhaps adding more detail to the landscape and the courtyard?
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
My flickr
ImageHonor, Courage, Commitment. Semper Fi!
Daken the Bladesmith
Apprentice

Postby halstud » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:18 am

this is awesome! love it!

do you plan on adding landscape and working on an interior when you reassemble?
halstud
Serf

Return to Castle MOCs