Elven warrior and archer

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
SevFalcon
Laborer

Elven warrior and archer

Post by SevFalcon »

Like a lot of folks out there, I was a bit disappointed that the Castle line is in hiatus and we've only had one elf figure. I wanted to create something with mostly official parts (and no series 3 elf specific part) to incorporate into all my castle stuff. After seeing AK_Brickster's Elven Mage, I got some inspiration and came up with these:

warrior:

archer:

Duo:

Do you think this works? Any feedback is appreciated.
Eklund
Man-At-Arms

Re: Elven warrior and archer

Post by Eklund »

I think they definitely work, they are really nice. The torsos/legs are great too, but I am not familiar with them, are they custom?
You would rather be building right now.
ImageImage
My Flickr
andhe
Barber-Surgeon

Post by andhe »

Eklund wrote:I think they definitely work, they are really nice. The torsos/legs are great too, but I am not familiar with them, are they custom?
They are Star War Genosian torsos. I've seen them work really well as mystical beings (with different heads) and the amulet/armour style printing works well on these guys also. I think the top one is my favourite, the colour seems to flow better.

As much as I like the new moulds etc that LOTR is producing, I would also have liked to have seen what TLG could have done with a non-licensed fantasy theme.
Less talking, more MOCing.

https://www.instagram.com/classicstylecastle/
jedirimlighter
Villein

Post by jedirimlighter »

andhe wrote:As much as I like the new moulds etc that LOTR is producing, I would also have liked to have seen what TLG could have done with a non-licensed fantasy theme.
Agreed. I was just talking about this the other day. When LEGO Star Wars came out back in 1999, there was a fairly long hiatus on non-licensed space themed sets until Space Police came out a few years back. Now I can forsee the same thing happening with medieval themed sets, because LotR could be another licensing juggernaut for TLG. There are plenty of characters and a virtually endless library of locations to package into sets. I just hope they keep running a generic "kingdoms" line, even if it is through specials like the MMV and the recent jousting set.
Medieval Guy
Squire

Post by Medieval Guy »

These are quite cool. The torso choice is great, and the Brickforge accessories fit here.
[url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/70980]MOCpages[/url]
Bentoft
Foot Soldier

Post by Bentoft »

They are very nice. You should consider uploading them to http://bentoft.dk/lego/coolestcastlefig/