Communal tablescrap/idea/experiment thread (General Lego)

Discussion of general LEGO topics
RichardAM
Merchant

Communal tablescrap/idea/experiment thread (General Lego)

Post by RichardAM »

I asked/mentioned about the possibility of this thread a while ago, and here it is, finally put together.

I think there's no denying the fact we've got a lot of moc threads already, but here's a general one for all the smaller ideas, experiments and unfinished builds. The builds that while great, maybe don't deserve their own dedicated threads. Think of this as a MOC scrapbook where we can share Lego 'doodles',rainy-day builds and creative tests, all in the aim of helping and inspiring each other of course!

As this is in the non-castle General Lego section, we should maybe avoid Castle posts for now unless a mod or admin encourages otherwise of course- if we're successful here a dedicated Castle thread could be introduced. If a mod wants to sticky this thread that'd be great too, but lets see how we all get on first.

Lets get posting :)
RichardAM
Merchant

Re: Communal tablescrap/idea/experiment thread (General Lego

Post by RichardAM »

I built this last month. I've had a Buzz Lightyear rattling around since it's release and i'd never used him until now. The chest is from the Pirate board game last year- the whole build was an experiment in building at a different scale. I like the pan as a door handle. If I was to spend more time i'd have encouraged the idea more and maybe made the door functional.

ImageImage

Over on another non-Lego forum we're currently running a challenge where we've got to use the bricks from the 6913 Creator set and build something else. This was my attempt. It was great seeing everyone else's interpretations- we had lawnmowers, cars, boats and miniland-esque figures.
Medieval Guy
Squire

Post by Medieval Guy »

I did a bit of experimenting with rocks:
The idea was to try out some angles and SNOT all over the place. I'm pretty pleased with it.

By the way Richard, good idea for a thread. Also, I like your room. The door and windows are especially nice.
[url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/70980]MOCpages[/url]
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

Great landscaping! I need to just practice sometime instead of building and just accepting/running with it.

Here's a small Scorpion built from the parts of 6913. It's for a contest to see what everyone can make using only that set.

Everyone else- please chip in! It would be great to see all the mini-builds and ideas between your bigger projects! :)
Frank_Lloyd_Knight
Steward

Post by Frank_Lloyd_Knight »

I like the idea of this thread. I've had a few random things sitting around that I haven't really fleshed out, but I'm probably not going to do anything else with, so I thought I'd go ahead and post them here anyway.

This is a little cottage I started just to see if i could make an MMV-styled house on only an 8x8 base:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=449326.

I had an idea for making a Kirin (like on the beer label: http://www.kirin.com/), but it didn't really work out. The scale sort of grew larger than what I intended, and the joints weren't stable. Maybe one day I'll come back around to the idea and try again from scratch.

And finally: Sheep! The photo's not too good. The sheep are made from just four pieces: a 2x4 white brick with two black 1x1s in the tubes underneath for legs, and a black 1x2 for a head.
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=514879

Thanks for taking a look,
FLK
Eklund
Man-At-Arms

Post by Eklund »

I think this thread could use a bit of a bump. Here is a cobblestone technique I came up with:

You would rather be building right now.
ImageImage
My Flickr
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

Working on/off over the last few months! :)
Frank_Lloyd_Knight
Steward

Post by Frank_Lloyd_Knight »

Eklund wrote:I think this thread could use a bit of a bump. Here is a cobblestone technique I came up with:
That's an interesting technique. It took me a minute to recognize the pieces you used.