LCC - Lenfald LC5 - To Kill a Boar

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
friskywhiskers
Landlord

LCC - Lenfald LC5 - To Kill a Boar

Post by friskywhiskers »

Whew, done! This took me all of the past two night to complete, but I managed to finish on time. Enjoy!! :)

After Sir Edwyn's part in helping to stop the outlaw invasion, he was summoned by the Governor of Bladefall to be officially Thanked. Upon his arrival into the great hall of the palace, The Governor Immediately bowed, "It is an honor, My good friend, to meet you!"

"Thank You, my Lord, you flatter me," Sir Edwyn Replied, "I am glad to meet you as well." The Governor smiled, then nodded to a guard in the corner of the room. Upon this cue, The guard left the room and returned with a bog chest. He kicked it open, revealing a myriad assortment of precious gold and jewels. "Oh No, I could never-" Sir Edwyn Spluttered, yet the governor took no notice, "Come now, let's not think of this as a gift from ruler to subject, but rather a gift from friend to friend. After all, our families have has dealing with each other for many generation, why I would be insulted if you didn't accept this."

"If you insist, My good lord," Sir Edwyn replied, as an epiphany unraveled in his mind,"You should run for King, Surely the people would love a ruler as kind as yourself!"

"It is now you who flatter me, My friend! Alas most see my kindness as weakness and ineffectuality."

"So Prove them wrong! Go from city to city performing brave acts for the people!"

"An outstanding idea, we shall leave at once!"

And So Governor Aethad came upon one town where the serfs complained of a large menace that was ruining the crops. The Governor selected some of his best men and strode of into the woodland to confront the beast...

Sorry for all the images, but one picture just doesn't capture it completely. :) C&C Welcome!!
Last edited by friskywhiskers on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
Crazycrownieguy
Bailiff

Re: LCC - Lenfald LC5 - To Kill a Boar

Post by Crazycrownieguy »

Quite an amazing build, the fig poising is perfect and the story is quite good, the boar is pretty cool too.
For the glory of Garhim!!!
Captain Rufus Song
[img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7380/12914982 ... 29d6_o.jpg[/img][img]http://5z8.info/add-worm_wcvp[/img][img]http://5z8.info/openme.exe_exoh[/img]
soccerkid6
Admin
Admin

Post by soccerkid6 »

I like the round base and the pine tree is great :)
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Brickbuilt: http://www.brickbuilt.org/
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/isaacsnyder/
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Since the boar is the focal point of the MOC (though the trees are both really good too), it would be nice to have a picture of it from more of an angle instead of straight on. Especially since it's black, it takes a bit more work to show off the details. I think that rotating the whole thing about 45 degrees would have allowed for a better combination of a profile/head-on view, and you also would have been able to see the faces of the minifigs as well. (One of my pet peeves is when all you see are the backs of the figures, but that's just me).

Those are just photography critiques. The actual MOC looks like it turned out really well. The posing of the boar is very dynamic. Do the legs articulate or was it just built in that position?

Thanks!
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
Sir Ronald
Peasant

Post by Sir Ronald »

Great entry man! The foliage is nice and I really like that tree on the left!
Good job on the backstory aswell.
I hope you do good in the contest! :D
Sir Tharkin
Laborer

Post by Sir Tharkin »

I like the tree,and the boar even more so! :) The fig positioning is outstanding!
friskywhiskers
Landlord

Post by friskywhiskers »

@ Ak_Brikster: Believe me, if I had more free time I would have taken more pictures. I had to finish this and post it last night at 1.00 because I go to a private school from 7.00 Am to 7.00Pm. I also can not post on weekends because of the sabbath. So the point is that I am often restricted by religious responsibilities and that My MOCs do not always come out the way I would like. :) And Yes, the boar is fully pose-able.

@Sir Ronald: Thanks, you too!

@soccerkid6: Thanks you!

@CCguy: Thanks Man!

@Sir Tharkin: I told you it would come out good! :wink: