LCC-Lenfald Freebuild, Military Camp Broadblade.

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Elderon
Apprentice

LCC-Lenfald Freebuild, Military Camp Broadblade.

Post by Elderon »

At the southern foot of the Airgid Corónaigh, lays a military camp. It is a camp founded by the right hand of Armendahl the Great, sir Jeryn Broadblade and the camp is named in his honor. They are called the Iron Fist.

Military Camp Broadblade by ElderonEldar, on Flickr

A group of new recruits are trained by one of the several dozen training-officers. They are divided in groups between five and ten recruits. As seen here:

The archers are trained for accuracy as well as distance. At this point the training-officer explains the weakness in the armor of the orcs:

There it is, my latest build. Wanted to build something for myself this time and this came out. I am actually planning a couple of builds from this Military Camp, because this is far from all I had in mind. That is if there wouldn't be so much nice local challenge and ofcourse there probably will be another Global Challenge coming up. but I think these would be nice as builds for in between of those challenges.
Well that is it, I hope you liked it :wink:

Greetings,

Elderon
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-orks/map/rankings/peasant2.jpg[/img]
Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. ~G.K. Chesterton
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Re: LCC-Lenfald Freebuild, Military Camp Broadblade.

Post by AK_Brickster »

The multiple tiers of action are fantastic! I really really like the layout of this MOC, and you did a great job with the execution. I obviously can't remember EVERYTHING you've built, but as far as I can recall, this is my favorite MOC of yours to-date. Great job and...

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! :mrgreen:
Last edited by AK_Brickster on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
Elderon
Apprentice

Post by Elderon »

AK_Brickster wrote:The multiple tiers of action are fantastic! I really really like the layout of this MOC, and you did a great job with the execution. I obviously can't remember EVERYTHING you've built, but as far as I can recall, this is my favorite MOC of yours to-date. Great job and...

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! :Mrgreen:
I can hardly remember any of my own MOCs so no hard feelings there ;) I definately Think this is one of my better creations, so were on the same page there ;)
Thanks for support man ;)
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-orks/map/rankings/peasant2.jpg[/img]
Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. ~G.K. Chesterton
Mark of Falworth
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Mark of Falworth »

Looks great the trees, the building, everything! :)

Keep it up! :wink:
Sir Ronald
Peasant

Post by Sir Ronald »

Great Build!
The lanscaping and trees are nice as well as the whole idea of a training camp.
This will make the Lenfels the best knights in the land! :D
Fraslund
Robin Goodfellow

Post by Fraslund »

Fantastic Job! So many great elements from playability, to landscaping.
Eklund
Man-At-Arms

Post by Eklund »

Nice! I like many things about this, one in particular is the thin ring of brown in the fighting arena in between the green and dark tan, that is a great detail!
You would rather be building right now.
ImageImage
My Flickr
Sir Tharkin
Laborer

Post by Sir Tharkin »

Amazing landscaping!I love the tower design and interior! :D
BiggerJim
Apprentice

Post by BiggerJim »

I really love the scale of the build. The tower looks great!
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=biggerjim]My store[/url] [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/biggerjim/]My Flickr[/url]
MOC's come and go....But sorting is forever.
soccerkid6
Admin
Admin

Post by soccerkid6 »

You pulled the multiple level design off nicely, it looks quite natural. The tower is excellent as well and the stairs are a great touch :D
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Brickbuilt: http://www.brickbuilt.org/
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/isaacsnyder/
andhe
Barber-Surgeon

Post by andhe »

There a some great details. I didn't notice the orc achery range at first, but great use of parts and dark green for all the troops.

I like the mixture of greys and tans on the tower as well as the roofing details.
Less talking, more MOCing.

https://www.instagram.com/classicstylecastle/
mitah
Apprentice

Post by mitah »

I like the setting and the training grounds, but - for my taste - the tower is a little too much. To me it seems you had many ideas for windows and elements and couldn't decide on one theme and incorporated all of them... the same with the with the colours: I count 4 different colours of stone in your wall, with no one colour seeming to be the main one. Typically you would have one or two main colours and incorporate a few more sporadically for highlights. The cornerstones in the uppermost levels are dark while the lower ones are light gray and in a completely different style, which separates the tower in a lower and upper half which do not necessarily fit together.

The facade as a whole seems cluttered with details and colour which makes it hard to see the architecture of the tower as a whole. The roof looks great and detailed with enough plain areas to appreciate the detailed ones, but again the mixing in of light grey bricks in the edge of the roof makes little sense to me.

I am sorry if this sounds harsh, and it is not my intention to be mean or cruel, I am just giving my opinion - and as you can see here there's a lot of love going around here for your MOC so please don't take this personally and see it as it is - just one man's opinion.
[url=http://merlins-beard.com/board/8/lands-roawia][img]http://www.roawia.byethost7.com/files/?file ... -small.png[/img][/url] “Accept His Noodly Magnificence into your heart, into your soul, and ye shall forever be free. R'Amen.” – Ragu
Elderon
Apprentice

Post by Elderon »

Thanks guys for the support!
mitah wrote:I like the setting and the training grounds, but - for my taste - the tower is a little too much. To me it seems you had many ideas for windows and elements and couldn't decide on one theme and incorporated all of them... the same with the with the colours: I count 4 different colours of stone in your wall, with no one colour seeming to be the main one. Typically you would have one or two main colours and incorporate a few more sporadically for highlights. The cornerstones in the uppermost levels are dark while the lower ones are light gray and in a completely different style, which separates the tower in a lower and upper half which do not necessarily fit together.

The facade as a whole seems cluttered with details and colour which makes it hard to see the architecture of the tower as a whole. The roof looks great and detailed with enough plain areas to appreciate the detailed ones, but again the mixing in of light grey bricks in the edge of the roof makes little sense to me.

I am sorry if this sounds harsh, and it is not my intention to be mean or cruel, I am just giving my opinion - as you can see here there's a lot of love going around here for your MOC so please don't take this personally and see it as it is - just one man's opinion.
First I don't mind at all, if anything I would encourage comments like this! A few things that I would like to explain though, all my stone buildings have four different colors, LBG, DBG, tan and medium dark flesh. Thats just the color scheme I'm working with to make it look like they actually used every stone available and avoid the 'big gray wall'-syndrome. I understand that that is not for everyone, but it is the way I build. Secondly, I did indeed wanted to make the corner stones all in either LBG or DBG, but I didn't have enough bricks to pull that off, so I combined them. Also, I didn't have enough of the LBG/DBG log bricks for the same reason. Althoug hI have to admit that in hindsight that issue could have been avoided by altering between floors (LBG-DBG-LBG-DBG instead of LBG-LBG-DBG-DBG). And the edge of LBG on top of the roof actually surprised me as well, for some reason it doesn't fit anymore and I am wondering why I did it like that. As you said it, it doesn't really make sense...
And just the fact that you liked the setting already does me good, so thanks Mitah, for your critique as well as your honesty. It does help me in the future to make better buildings and creations.

greetings,

Elderon