CCCX The Temple of Dawn

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Glory_Forever
Villein

CCCX The Temple of Dawn

Post by Glory_Forever »

During a period of peace and prosperity., the Temple of Dawn was a place for shogun, samurai and daimyo to pursue and develop art forms intended to keep the minds of military men off of war.

Ever since I took part in the CCC, I’ve always wanted to enter the Master Builder category. However, I never seemed to have the time/parts to do it. This year I got the chance.

The temple itself is quite large. It is 17 inches tall, 24 inches in length and 20 inches wide. I started building it for the Misc. Category a week before the contest began. So this build, is the product of two and a half weeks’ time, not one and a half. :D The inspiration for this came from some beautiful concept art which I found online. I knew that I would need more than just great concept art to build a worthy entry so I asked Blake if he would give me some CC on the work in progress. He provided vital input on the build. The rest is history.

Thanks for all the support,
-Noah
shmails
Bard of the Royal Court

Re: CCCX The Temple of Dawn

Post by shmails »

This is really nice, the structure is very impressive. I feel the landscaping overpowers the road/stream areas a bit, but it is all very vibrant. I wish we all could send out our WIP to the reigning MB if they turn out like this! :roflol:
Eklund
Man-At-Arms

Post by Eklund »

I love it! All of the intricate woodwork is awesome, and the landscape is fantastic. I especially like the curved roof.
You would rather be building right now.
ImageImage
My Flickr
Glory_Forever
Villein

Post by Glory_Forever »

Haha, thanks guys! That MB was brutal at times :D Just kidding!:P
Medieval Guy
Squire

Post by Medieval Guy »