It is that time of year once again! Welcome to the 2012 edition of the Christmas Fig Exchange.
Here's how it works:
You build a fig and send it to someone. That person also builds a fig and sends it to you. One would think that was all I needed to say but we are a question-asking group of Lego nerds, so here are the "rules" as such.
1. The deadline for signing up is Dec. 8th.
2. The fig you send should have accessories.
3. The minifig doesn't need to be an official castle fig, as long as it's useable in a castle setting. Star Wars, Orient Expedition, LOTR, etc are acceptable. If you have concerns about a particular piece, ask your trading partner if they consider it "Castle". Everyone is different.
4. Try to keep the value of the fig around 5 to 10 dollars. However, this is merely a guideline. If you want to send out a Forestwoman to your partner, feel free. Just don't expect something as valuable in return!
5. This is an international exchange. It is possible that you may end up with someone who does not live in your country. Therefore, if you can't send overseas you probably shouldn't sign up. Personally, I think this is more fun and the cost to send a fig outside your home country is not excessive. This doesn't mean that you will have to ship internationally, but its a possibility.
6. If you wish to participate, post a message in this thread. You need to have been a member for at least 6 months and have 10 or more posts.
7. A list of the exchange partners will be posted sometime after Dec. 8th. It is then your responsibility to contact your partner and trade addresses and/or make arrangements to exchange figs. It is up to you and your partner to decide whether or not to keep the figs secret or to share a "wish list".
8. If you sign up and then do not send out a fig, take months to complete the trade, or cause other kinds of havoc in this exchange, you will not be allowed to participate next year. So bear that in mind if you think you will have problems. People who have a history of delays in completing their end of exchange will be left off the list.
9. If you are a minor, find out if your parents are okay with this before you sign up! You will be exchanging actual names and mailing addresses with your partner. If you are not comfortable with this....don't sign up.
10. Have Fun and make it fun for your partner as well!
If you have any questions, feel free to ask. If you run into problems with your exchange partner, let me know right away, please.