Ever have one of those....

Discussion of general LEGO topics
Fraslund
Robin Goodfellow

Ever have one of those....

Post by Fraslund »

Ever have one of those "What was I thinking??" moments when building a large scale project? I am looking at this 35lb monstrosity on my desk which has consumed the vast majority of my Lbley collection and realizing that not only have I not even started on the walls, but I am only 2/3 done with this one building..... :shock:

I wonder if its too late to cut my losses lol. :wave:
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Re: Ever have one of those....

Post by Bluesecrets »

The project I'm building right now..I stopped counting at 20 bricklink orders...and I know there have been many others in addition. This thing is weighing so much that, well moving it is going to be fun. It's sitting on the dining room table, along with a whole lot of extra bricks...that all have to disappear before Holiday entertaining begins.

Complicating all of this..is the fact that I have near 200 pounds of unsorted brick that I have to keep digging through to find what I need. Sorting is the devil...yes it is. I need a robot or someone who will work seriously cheap to help me with it.

So yes...I am currently having one of those moments...and I am waiting for 5 more bricklink orders so I can finish it. If they arrive by the weekend...I should be finished...well with the major part of the building...then it is the intimidating time for taking pictures. Oh and the joy of being a short person and attempting to take overhead pictures of taller builds. Oh picture editing...something I HATE.

So I can completely sympathize. But I can see the end of it approaching. I'd love to be able to display it, but its so wide...that I am not so sure it would fit through the door.

But...on the other hand...I've had a blast building it. I haven't built something big in over a year. And well I think in my case...it has been worth it.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Crazycrownieguy
Bailiff

Post by Crazycrownieguy »

I'm definitely having one of those moments with the LOTR project that I'm working on, it currently weighs around 20 pounds maybe more. It's taken almost all of my dk bley and light bley slopes and bricks and about a dozen large bricklink orders. I'm just glad I don't have to sort anything right now.
happy building
For the glory of Garhim!!!
Captain Rufus Song
[img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7380/12914982 ... 29d6_o.jpg[/img][img]http://5z8.info/add-worm_wcvp[/img][img]http://5z8.info/openme.exe_exoh[/img]
Justin M
Sheriff

Post by Justin M »

Well, to be honest. I have these kind of moments all the time. I'll be in the middle of a huge project, then all of a sudden, I think to myself. "What am I doing and why am I even building this?" I'm the kind of guy who will be almost completely finished with a large project and then notice one tiny little thing that no one else would probably notice but if I'm not happy with it, I'll have to take it completely apart and start all over once again. It happens to me with almost every build. :tasty:
For example, I've been working on my entry for the "Castle" category for the CCCX and I've at least started over 6 times. It can get a bit frustrating at time's but I guess I'm just a perfectionist! ;) Oh, well, we all have are building styles.
[img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8120/86369329 ... 2cc9_m.jpg[/img]
[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/112482494@N07/]Flickr[/url] [url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/79686]Mocpages[/url] [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Jbob]Brickshelf[/url]
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men. Colossians 3:23
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

David, just about every build of yours would fall into this category in my opinion, lol. You don't ever build small!!
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

And mine moment is..finished!!!!! *breathes a sigh of relief* Here is hoping all the rest of you are successful.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!! ;)

Can't wait to see it :)

David's too!!
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

Pics need to wait until it isn't pitch black here. You might be waiting a day or two...I have a very busy weekend. But you will see...and you may just end up being pleasantly surprised.

*edit*

Photos have been taken...and the comedy of that...is a story that is best not told publicly. It is just best to say:

1) short people...(and I'm US average height for woman...which everyone in CC is like GIANT tall compared to me) are short.
2) taking photos of big MOC's is a pain in the *cannon fires* (hey I was avoiding the word filter)
3) card tables are not exactly very stable when being used to slide a big MOC across carpeting
4) 3M command strips are my hero. I think I need to invest in that company
5) my dogs are waaaaaaay too inquisitive and like to be under foot (the word needed here is...ouch)
6) long hair is always best to have completely pulled up and out of ANY building surface...gees Louise I had to conduct several complicated hair removal operations

And now to begin the long evil process of the attempting to edit these photos. BLECH...I would rather go shopping at Walmart on Black Friday...yeah it is THAT painful for me.

Disclaimer:
If you didn't giggle in the reading of this edit, you need to. Comedy is the only way to survive situations of this craziness.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan