Modding Dragon Mountain - suggestions please

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
AmperZand
Apprentice

Modding Dragon Mountain - suggestions please

Post by AmperZand »

Dragon Mountain is due out next month. I think it's a great set and can't wait for its release! But I don't like the way the tower/cave on the left (the dragon's perch) is open on the front. When the dragon is away, there's nothing to stop the Lion knights from gaining access. I'm planning on building a secret door in dark bley in front of the cave mouth. Has anyone who already has the set done anything similar? If so, can you please post pics/a description?

Thanks,

AmperZand
The Future King of Dragon Mountain
My Brickshelf Gallery: www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=182210

From Family Guy:
Peter: "You've got Legos? Cool! Lois only gets me Mega Bloks."
Lois: "It's the same thing."
Peter: "No, it isn't."
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Re: Modding Dragon Mountain - suggestions please

Post by AK_Brickster »

Are you talking about set #70403? If so, that set has been available for quite a while.
I have it, but have not done any modifications on it. In fact, it's just about to be assimilated into the rest of my collection.

I suppose the easiest thing to do would be to just rebuild the whole front wall to make it solid. The wizard would still have access from the back, which is already "hidden" by the spiderweb.
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
AmperZand
Apprentice

Post by AmperZand »

Yes, AK_Brickster, set no.70403. It may have been released on the great driftplains of Garheim some time ago but in a Lego castle far, far away, it isn't out until August.

Thanks for your suggestion to build it up as a solid wall. I considered that and have not ruled it out. However, if it's possible to create a concealed door that looks cool, I would rather do it that way. I like to build play features into my MOCs and mods as if I were a designer at TLG.
My Brickshelf Gallery: www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=182210

From Family Guy:
Peter: "You've got Legos? Cool! Lois only gets me Mega Bloks."
Lois: "It's the same thing."
Peter: "No, it isn't."
andhe
Barber-Surgeon

Post by andhe »

AK_Brickster wrote:Are you talking about set #70403? If so, that set has been available for quite a while.
I have it, but have not done any modifications on it. In fact, it's just about to be assimilated into the rest of my collection.
For those of us across the Atlantic, we're still waiting for the 2013 Castle sets to be released!
Less talking, more MOCing.

https://www.instagram.com/classicstylecastle/