(LCC) The Bonds of Friendship Part 1 (Garheim)

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Ronin Dragonslayer
Journeyman

(LCC) The Bonds of Friendship Part 1 (Garheim)

Post by Ronin Dragonslayer »

My first free build for July

EDIT : This MOC was INCREDIBLY story-based and as is (to me) obvious, not one of my best builds. It's really just to advance the story and introduce my new characters and outfits. My next few builds are going to be smaller and more build-focused as I don't feel I spent enough time on this one. I'm about to get a couple HOBBIT and Lord of the Rings sets so I should have more tech-y pieces to choose from and really pack a lot of detail into a small space.
Lesha's Falls, Silver Mountains, southwestern Garheim...
"Hallfrost, Mikithdar, and Granhaven,"thought Cedric Archer. He had sent birds to every city, now, north of Orevale, encouraging each to strengthen its ties with one another - but only his brother in all but blood had responded. "Rufus." Rufus Song, Captain of the Hallfrost Guard had sent a bird of his own that very night and now Cedric and his shieldman, Sir Layton Connors, were only just returning from the northern city, having secured a treaty with Lord Layfas II. Cedric was Captain of the Quicksilver Knights - the pikemen and rangers that made up the city guard of Orevale - and the band of warriors had stopped in a familiar place to make camp for the night : Lesha's Falls.
Lesha's Falls were named after the maiden of legend said to have lain down and cried eternally at the loss of her beloved and drowned the vale with her tears.
The Quicksilver Knights - each in shining burnished silver ring and plate - were made up of rangers and soldiers; mostly archers and pikemen with a few mace-wielding battle knights, though all knew their way around a sword. Cedric had been made Captain of the Guard during the War of the Magic Isles and had chosen those knights he felt showed the best character and bravery.
"Jump in, you flabby seal! Of course the water's cold!"
Byron Kenn, Cedric's squire, wanted nothing more than to be a knight.
"A Quicksilver Knight." For now, he would continue cutting the carrots.
"Ahh, Hallfrost Burgundy..." Cedric said with a contented sigh as he stoppered the bottle with the cork.
"After pouring over these maps all day it feels good to pour a glass of wine, instead..... Layton."
"Yes, my lord?"
"You would tell me if my actions were folly, wouldn't y-" he stopped mid-sentence as an odd sight came into view. "What in Roawia?"
"It can't be."
"Aye. Dwarves."
"Well, this is bound to get interesting," Cedric said before he drained his glass and returned it to the little table. "Hail, good sirs! Under what banner do you serve?"
"Hail, Northmen," said the dwarf at the head of the company. "I am Dunnkenn Bladegrinder and up until this morning, we served under no banner."
"Hay-Il, Noruthmenn," said the other, with a heavy Dwarvish accent. "And I am Gunthurr Collid-Forrge."
"Until this morning?" Cedric asked. "What do you mean?"
"Well, we were hoping to pledge ourselves to your cause."
"To be Garhim? For what gain?"
"Forr none otherr than our mine hath been abandoned, Noruthmenn."
"We were attacked, Sir Knight," Dunnkenn explained. "Many creatures - born of darkness - so very many... we are those who escaped."
"How many are you?"
"Nine or tenn," said Gunthurr Coldforge. "Now we are three. Some may be alive - we will meet them orr we will not."
"We could make it worth your while, Sir..." said Dunnkenn, at a loss for a name.
"Cedric Archer. Captain of the Quicksilver Knights... Speak plain, Dunnkenn."
"A gift of friendship to prove our loyalty," said the dwarf as the other walked back to the wagon.
"Korruun, Basch; vier moden thayil," he said in Dwarvish as he hung his axe from the side of the wagon.
The wagon was laden with mining equipment, gems and jewels, weapons and trinkets - everything the Dwarves had managed to save from the dark ones.
"Kaidin, Gunnthurr."
"These swords have no equal, in the world of menn."
"They will never dull... they will never break... they will shine of their own."
"And they are yours. Oronai, the Saphire-Hilted..."
"And Valmonai, the Emerald-Hilted."
"Truly! A gift without equal!" marveled Sir Layton Connors.
"Aye," the Dwarf responded with a grin. "Let us fight by your side and we shall serve your purpose as well as these blades will."
"I have considered your offer... kneel. A knight can make a knight."
"I dub thee..."
"Sir Dunnkenn Bladegrinder. Rise."

Cedric performed the ceremony twice more and the Quicksilver Knights gained three new members. But often times it is when things seem their best that the worst things occur...
Last edited by Ronin Dragonslayer on Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ronin Dragonslayer
Journeyman

Re: (LCC) The Bonds of Friendship Part 1 (Garheim)

The Quicksilver Knights

The new recruits
Dunnkenn Bladegrinder
Gunnthurr Coldforge
Basch Hammerarm

The returning... people
Layton Connors
Cedric Archer
Kyan Yinroe and Gregory
Byron Kenn
Crazycrownieguy
Bailiff

Post by Crazycrownieguy »

Hey man, great story, and great figs :)
I can't wait to see them in action :D
CCG
For the glory of Garhim!!!
Captain Rufus Song
[img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7380/12914982 ... 29d6_o.jpg[/img][img]http://5z8.info/add-worm_wcvp[/img][img]http://5z8.info/openme.exe_exoh[/img]
Ronin Dragonslayer
Journeyman

Crazycrownieguy wrote:Hey man, great story, and great figs :)
I can't wait to see them in action :D
CCG
Thanks! Part 2 is on the way.