FYI LEGO store policy

Discussion of general LEGO topics
Lil_Curt
Steward

FYI LEGO store policy

Post by Lil_Curt »

Guys just got back from my lego store an want to pass this along. Due to resellers lego has stopped stores from allowing managers to let us take 15 pcs from the build a minifigure kiosk. We now have to folow the formula an build 3 minifigures. I was told this policy went into effect july 8th.

Also there is a new policy regarding bulk boxs, i was told again due to resellers. So check with your stores.

We are teatering on lego shuting down the lug bulk program so please stop disscussing what you pay for the bulk boxs on forums, because one price may not be the same in all places. An when we are asked to pay more then what someone else on a forum paid we make a fuss an trouble for the stores, so please use discretion when talking about lug bulk.

Just a couple intresting things i found out yesterday,

Curt
So Many Hobbies So Little Time....
Come Visit me on Facebook @ Atavistic Creations
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Re: FYI LEGO store policy

Post by Bluesecrets »

I need to ask you for clarification. Are you discussing the bulk boxes of bricks? or LUGbulk? Because those are two completely separate items.

Bulk boxes have different prices based on the size of the piece. Indeed I have heard of different stores selling those boxes for different prices, but I was told it is up to the store manager about the price of said cases of parts.

LUGbulk is a program ran for LUGs through the CEE team. That program is completely unrelated to the retail stores. LUGbulk has it's own set of rules and restrictions which does include the prohibiting of sales of those pieces.

I am willing to contact Kevin Hinkle to get clarification on any of the information you posted, but I know he will be asking me which of these two things you are discussing.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Lil_Curt
Steward

Post by Lil_Curt »

Blue, yes please contact for clarification. A couple months ago i got an email from my lug group about the possiability of the lug program dissapearing because of disscussion of price on forums.

Also i would be intrested to know what the exact policy is for the pab bulk case program, as i was a bit confused to what was said. What i got out of my conversation is that it will be up to store managers as to how they do brick by the case. Lug members or some one with a large project the guy told me the store had some leeway as to what or how much they could sell. Needless to say i was a bit confused but wanted to pass along info, non the less for every one to check there stores for the new policys.

Curt
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

A couple months ago i got an email from my lug group about the possiability of the lug program dissapearing because of disscussion of price on forums.
This I can clarify myself. I will contact Mr. Hinkle about the others. LUGbulk is a program run for LUGs only, not the general public. The LUGs were in fact warned that discussion of the LUGbulk program with the general public could result in the removal of the program. This being a public forum, it in fact falls under the "do not discuss this program with the public." Having said that, the discussion of LUGbulk ends here.

I will get back to you once Mr. Hinkle has gotten back to me with the other clarification.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Lil_Curt
Steward

Post by Lil_Curt »

Thanks blue i appericate it.