Collectible Minifigures Series 11

Discussion of general LEGO topics
RichardAM
Merchant

Collectible Minifigures Series 11

Post by RichardAM »

Credit to Brickset

Looking pretty good! Some nice pieces in there for historical stuff and great standalone figs too. The pitchfork utensil in a £2 set? If you'd told me that as going to happen 10 years ago I would've burst out laughing :lol:

Comments/thoughts/opinions?

EDIT- New/interesting pieces:
Scarecrow halfhat
brick skirt
tiki mask
new printed mug
green elf hat (not sure if this is different from the previous gnome hat)
printed parcel 2x2
rope coil
blow torch and pipe
welder mask
trans light blue potion
saxamophone!
diner plate (not sure if this is different from previous waiter plate)
cat
baton
Last edited by RichardAM on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Re: Collectible Minifigures Series 11

Post by AK_Brickster »

Wow wow! Pretty exciting stuff!

I'll definitely need some of those barbarians, and the elf is awesome!

Probably will get one Lederhosen Girl, Yeti, and Grandma, just for parts. Scarecrow as well.
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
OverLoad
Steward

Post by OverLoad »

That elf is too perfect, the cap is an excellent piece for Link, even better than the Gnome cap.

Interested in the Barmaid-looking girl as well, the Yeti looks fun. I might have to scour for the Grandma just for that kitty. :)
[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/128569443@N02/]-New Flickr-[/url] [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=MrGray]-Brickshelf-[/url] [url=http://www.classic-castle.com/forum/viewtop ... =4&t=24758]-Tales of the Nortlen-[/url]
Mr. President
Serf

Post by Mr. President »

Am I the only one who finds the scarecrow and the gingerbread man kind of scary?

Really liking the tiki warrior and the barbarian, though. Might have to get some of each of them and make a barbarian horde!
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

This is fabulous. I don't think I've ever wanted so many in a series before.

Time to update the wishlist!

Any idea what the official names are? So far I'm calling the girl with the pretzel Dirndl Girl, to go with Lederhosen Guy. The others all seem fairly intuitive.

That's not just a jazz musician. That is a freaking Blues Brother.
jediknight219
Freeman

Post by jediknight219 »

Karalora wrote:That's not just a jazz musician. That is a freaking Blues Brother.
It's clearly Jake, so where's Elwood? I think he needs a harmonica instead of a sax, though.
SSchmidt
Merchant

Post by SSchmidt »

I will definitely be collecting a complete set with a few lederhosen gals and a few barbarians for spare castle pieces. Nice to see that Tiki Warrior and scarecrow too!

I was worried they were running out of ideas with these guys but it sure doesn't look that way.
PSN: SSchmidt-
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-orks/map/rankings/copy_of_lionhearttorso.jpg[/img]
[img]http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2807/9561546705_8f26947042_o.jpg[/img]
Lil_Curt
Steward

Post by Lil_Curt »

I envy all of you who can feel up a bag an know what you have.....
So Many Hobbies So Little Time....
Come Visit me on Facebook @ Atavistic Creations
andhe
Barber-Surgeon

Post by andhe »

Karalora wrote: Any idea what the official names are? So far I'm calling the girl with the pretzel Dirndl Girl, to go with Lederhosen Guy. The others all seem fairly intuitive.

That's not just a jazz musician. That is a freaking Blues Brother.
Wasn't it 'Bavarian Girl' on the official list? Torso would make a nice forestwoman update.

Sooooo disappointed with the Barbarian. Was really looking forward to a new sword, or back sheath or hair or at least SOME new part. Instead we get a basic rehash of the S5 Gladiator (which was an awesome fig) minus the helmet. If you're going to doing a fairly basic figure, in my mind, it MUST have some new part (even if it's just a current part in new colour).

This is a case of where seeing the list of names early can have a negative effect. I just had such high hopes for the Barbarian. Whereas if this was the first thing I'd seen, I'd probably have thought it was cool.The Bobby and scarecrow (possibly Tiki) are the standouts for me.

On the whole I'm feeling a bit 'meh' about the lot. If it had been a few more months since s10 then I might have been a bit more excited by it. But as it is I think I'll be sticking to my decision to stop at s10. There's just too many lame ducks and repeats to continue being a completist.

Has anyone else heard that the Lego Movie will also have tied-in sets and a CMF range? Be interesting to see if that replaces/counted as series 12.
Less talking, more MOCing.

https://www.instagram.com/classicstylecastle/
AmperZand
Apprentice

Post by AmperZand »

Lil_Curt wrote:I envy all of you who can feel up a bag an know what you have.....
For S10, you could see what each packet contained by shining a torch through the front of the packet and looking under the flap on the back. It helped to do it in the dark and therefore at home.

What I'll be doing with S11 is buying a sealed box, keeping the ones I want and trading or selling at cost the ones I don't. I'm a member of a local AFOL group that regularly meets face to face as well as part of a national AFOL association.

My thoughts on S11:
Holiday Elf - perfect as a pixie. Just add a sword.
Tiki Warrior - can pass as a Mayan/Aztec. I like the fact that you can display this minifig with or without the mask, in effect, suitable as two distinct minifigs.
Barbarian - a bit disappointing. Was hoping for a single piece horned helm, an oversized axe and a cape. Good thing I've already MOCed a barbarian like that!
Grandma - will use head & hair for a good witch. The new cat is cool.
Scarecrow - not bad but would have preferred a more menacing face.
Bavarian Lady - will make a good serving wench.
Mountaineer - only really any use for the rope part.
Yeti - best minifig in S11! Love the ice lolly. Shame the head is a single piece and not a hair/beard piece that fits over a standard head.
Scientist - might keep one for the "potions".
My Brickshelf Gallery: www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=182210

From Family Guy:
Peter: "You've got Legos? Cool! Lois only gets me Mega Bloks."
Lois: "It's the same thing."
Peter: "No, it isn't."
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

I envy all of you who can feel up a bag an know what you have.....
I am someone who doesn't do that at all. I just go to good old Bricklink and buy a box of 30, yes those do exist, and be happy with getting a complete set and then I bricklink any others I want more of. It all works out pretty good in the end. And I do like surprises of not knowing what I buy before I buy it..with these figs. And the "feel me up" method kind of weirds me out and makes me feel...I guess the word is...strange in the LEGO store.

I really am blown over with this series. I get Santa's elf! Now give me a Keebler elf and I am a happy girl! Who doesn't prefer elves who make her presents and cookies? Well yeah, I am not one of the elf people but hey...figure that is more for you! Besides that green elf hat will double nicely for a gnome.

AND I get a Bumble!!!! Seriously if you don't know what that is...here look:
I envy all of you who can feel up a bag ... have.....
My heart did a flip flop at the amazingness of him existing in these figs. I adore Rudolph and all of those movies. Watched them so many times and now own the dvd. Just perfect.

Of course there are more in here to love and I'm sure I will. Pictures never do justice to a fig until it is in my little hands and I go "OOOH!" and see the potential.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

andhe wrote:Wasn't it 'Bavarian Girl' on the official list? Torso would make a nice forestwoman update.
Is that the official list? I had it pegged as early fan speculations. Still seems a little weird that they would identify the dude by his clothing but actually give the girl a nationality. (Regionality?)

Anyway, this series is amazing. I'm not an army builder, but I do so love getting more historical, cultural, and fantasy figures. My Christmas village is going to be completely awesome this year!
Has anyone else heard that the Lego Movie will also have tied-in sets and a CMF range? Be interesting to see if that replaces/counted as series 12.
Hmm...what would such a series consist of? I assume it would include, but not be limited to: Superman, Wonder Woman, the Mermaid, the Green Ninja, 1980-something Space Guy, Michelangelo, Michaelangelo, and the 2002 NBA All-Stars.

(Sorry...I love that bit in the trailer. Morgan Freeman, y'all.)
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

I see at least 4 I can add to my Christmas Village. Very nice set.
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Does anyone else feel that it looks a bit awkward for the drive up waitress to be wearing yellow? She looks practically naked. :oops:
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
Azaghal
Landlord

Post by Azaghal »

AK_Brickster wrote:Does anyone else feel that it looks a bit awkward for the drive up waitress to be wearing yellow? She looks practically naked. :oops:
Yes.

Anyway, series 11 is definitely in the running for Best Series Ever, even if it's a trifle light on castle-relevant gigs (although I suppose 25 - 33% fall into this category, depending on how you count).
Karalora wrote:That's not just a jazz musician. That is a freaking Blues Brother.
:D

I'm actually a bit surprised TLC was able to mimic the look so precisely.