Lands of Classic Castle - Discussion Thread

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Re: Lands of Classic Castle - Discussion Thread

Post by AK_Brickster »

Is there anything you can give him that makes him a little more distinctive? That bucket helmet makes the guy underneath so anonymous-looking that he could be just about any fresh Lenfel recruit. Maybe ditch the helmet and give him some printed legs and maybe a double cape or something (green on top, brown underneath)?
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
friskywhiskers
Landlord

Post by friskywhiskers »

AK_Brickster wrote:Is there anything you can give him that makes him a little more distinctive? That bucket helmet makes the guy underneath so anonymous-looking that he could be just about any fresh Lenfel recruit. Maybe ditch the helmet and give him some printed legs and maybe a double cape or something (green on top, brown underneath)?
Good suggestion, I have edited him slightly. I can't compromise on the face and torso, the whole point is that he is now easier to build/more flexible. :)
Faingal
Gong Farmer

Post by Faingal »

I've been trying to get into a faction, but I just don't know how to do it. Does anybody know how?
friskywhiskers
Landlord

Post by friskywhiskers »

Faingal wrote:I've been trying to get into a faction, but I just don't know how to do it. Does anybody know how?
Hi!

Here is a list of what you need to do:

1. Choose a faction. Currently only outlaws and Garhiem are open to new sign ups.
2. Build a small MOC depicting your character. It must include your factions banners.
3.Head over to the LCC signup thread and post your creation with backstory for your character. Be sure to specify your character's name and faction in the post.
4.You are now signed up! Your name will take a while to appear on your faction scoreboard, but you can still take part in challenges and build free builds.
Andared of Lenfald
Foot Soldier

Post by Andared of Lenfald »

Just realized this question would probably be better to ask here:

In the "Rewards" section of the "GC4 And So it Begins..." topic (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23520), it's mentioned that the winning faction will gain an advantage in the struggle over Roawia. Since we (Lenfald) won, I'm naturally curious. xD

What sort of reward did we earn for the competition? Or is this yet to be determined?
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Bragging rights for now. Maybe it will benefit you in the storyline later :eyebrows:
Lil_Curt
Steward

Post by Lil_Curt »

Ok so my wife an i are planing on joining the outlaws in the comming weeks, is there an abridged version of the story line we could look at as opposed to weeding thru 1,000's of posts, to get caught up? Just curious an looking forward to joining.

Curt :)
So Many Hobbies So Little Time....
Come Visit me on Facebook @ Atavistic Creations
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Basic (VERY abridged) story - fill in if I miss anything, guys:

King Alphundus of many years ago had 3 sons and a daughter. The three sons went on to found the three provinces of Lenfald, Loreos and Garheim. The daughter was banished to the magic isle due to suspicious circumstances surrounding the sudden death of Alphindus (her guilt or innocence has never been proven)

In more recent times, the three factions united to attempt to purge the magic isles of outlaws and magic-wielders, but a sound defeat and heavy casualties to Loreos started a blame game and Lenfald and Loreos went to war. During this time, the reining king was assassinated, largely suspected to have been at the hands of elite warriors of Loreos. This has not been proven either.

During the "War of Roawian Succession" (the Lenfel / Loreesi war mentioned above), a key Loreesi noble was captured by Lenfald and was exchanged for a young man named "Chartres" who Loreos claimed was rightful heir to the Lenfel throne. They were using his presence to weaken the loyalty of Lenfel forces. Since he was a threat to current Lenfel leadership, as a term of the exchange, he has been placed under the protective custody of Garheim, the northern faction.
The terms of the exchange also included a secession of all hostilities and the return of all captured lands to their original owners.

Currently a shaky truce is in place. A new king has yet to be crowned, but a woman from the outlaw lands has made a claim as a descendent of long gone King Alphundus, and the faction leaders are on their way to meet her.
Ronin Dragonslayer
Journeyman

Post by Ronin Dragonslayer »

^That's probably the most accurate synopsis I've ever read for any story as long as this one. :D

Oh, and a lot of border towns, roads, and trade routes have been claimed and fortified by each Realm (Loreos, Lenfald, Garheim) as the current "peace" is really more of a cease-fire until someone casts the first stone. New ranks of warriors and orders of knights are popping up from each faction (I can't say for the Outlaws as they're so far from mainland politics... for now :wink: ) as well. Welcome to LCC!
Ferretclaw
Artisan

Post by Ferretclaw »

AK_Brickster wrote:Basically what Thomas Arrowford and First Infantry suggested is what we are considering.

Kingdoms figs (Lions and Dragons) are still readily available and quite affordable, thanks in no small part to the chess sets. Outlaws and Garhims are due for the next wave, so this works out nicely.

The new "bad guys" will likely be assigned as the "official" troops of the Witch Queen, and the "good guys" will go to Garheim.

Particularly for the outlaws, this will give people a chance to have their previously independent rouges enlist in the Queen's army if they'd like, which will provide a little more storyline-based options for those who prefer to become more involved in it. If they want to continue to fly solo as trouble-making renegades, that will of course be allowed as well.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My thoughts on the "magic infused" troops of the Witch Queen are that they aren't necessarily a bunch of spell-casting wizards and mages, but more like normal human troops who could be equipped with elementally-imbued weapons and armor, or something like that. Remember that magic doesn't work as effectively when traveling too far from the magic isles, so a largely spell-casting army wouldn't do so well in a mainland conflict.

This isn't an official position, by any means, but just my two-cents worth. :)
AHA! So the queen IS an evil, spell wielding, twisted, demonic heretic WITCH! I KNEW it! :D :sly: :mad: :twitch:
So... She is planning to take over the factions for herself using her command of special magical troops? Here is one outlaw she shan't ensnare!
"All that is gold does not glitter..." ~LOTR
My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/98506221@N08/
Mocpages: http://mocpages.com/home.php/103548
[img]http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3834/95487351 ... 3d8e_t.jpg[/img]
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Ferretclaw wrote:AHA! So the queen IS an evil, spell wielding, twisted, demonic heretic WITCH!
That was actually in reference to a character that we came up with during the siege of the magic isles. We never really fleshed it out though. There are lots of witch and wizard outlaws out there, so no need to jump to any conclusions. :)
josdu
Gentleman

Post by josdu »

Here is a free build for LCC Outlaws:

Story here and more photos here.
BTW tell me if I shouldn't post this here.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/98280612@N05/?details=1#]Flickr[/url]

Let [them] see your good works, and glorify your father which is in heaven.
Matthew 5:16
Ferretclaw
Artisan

Post by Ferretclaw »

AK_Brickster wrote:
Ferretclaw wrote:AHA! So the queen IS an evil, spell wielding, twisted, demonic heretic WITCH!
That was actually in reference to a character that we came up with during the siege of the magic isles. We never really fleshed it out though. There are lots of witch and wizard outlaws out there, so no need to jump to any conclusions. :)
:raiseone: with a large, well trained army, on the mainland? Uh huh. :roll:
"All that is gold does not glitter..." ~LOTR
My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/98506221@N08/
Mocpages: http://mocpages.com/home.php/103548
[img]http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3834/95487351 ... 3d8e_t.jpg[/img]
SSchmidt
Merchant

Post by SSchmidt »

josdu wrote:Here is a free build for LCC Outlaws:

Story here and more photos here.
BTW tell me if I shouldn't post this here.

You will want to post this in the Catle Mocs thread, and then link it to your factions thread.
This thread is just discussion related to the LCC so you don't need to post your MOCs here.
PSN: SSchmidt-
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-orks/map/rankings/copy_of_lionhearttorso.jpg[/img]
[img]http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2807/9561546705_8f26947042_o.jpg[/img]
josdu
Gentleman

Post by josdu »

SSchmidt wrote: You will want to post this in the Catle Mocs thread, and then link it to your factions thread.
This thread is just discussion related to the LCC so you don't need to post your MOCs here.
OK, thanks! I won't do it again!
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/98280612@N05/?details=1#]Flickr[/url]

Let [them] see your good works, and glorify your father which is in heaven.
Matthew 5:16