looking for torso ideas

Discussion of general LEGO topics
ludzik
Steward

looking for torso ideas

Post by ludzik »

I know I have seen it before but now that I need it, I can't find it.... which torso blends with the outside brownish color of Theoden's breastplate? I'm looking for a knights torso with chain mail printed on it......

Thanks
Azaghal
Landlord

Re: looking for torso ideas

Post by Azaghal »

According to BrickLInk, Theoden's armor is Dark Brown - the torsos that have this color can be seen starting here.

That said, none of those (except, perhaps, the Uruk-Hai one) really scream "chain-mail" to me - you may be thinking of this Knights Kingdom II torso, although the color of this one is Reddish Brown:
ludzik
Steward

Post by ludzik »

Thanks, haven't though of that one - for now I'm using this one http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn. ... 51c01&in=M
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Out of curiosity, why do you need a chain mail print on a torso that's covered by armor? For me, I try to use plain torsos under my armor so that I can use the torsos with interesting prints on figs where the print will actually be viewable (think CMF Heroic Knight and Conquistador)
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
ludzik
Steward

Post by ludzik »

AK_Brickster wrote:Out of curiosity, why do you need a chain mail print on a torso that's covered by armor? For me, I try to use plain torsos under my armor so that I can use the torsos with interesting prints on figs where the print will actually be viewable (think CMF Heroic Knight and Conquistador)
Call it a crazy mental thing :) I don't want him to have something "imagined" underneath ;) :) Plus should I ever want to drop his breastplate for whatever reason I want him to have chain mail beneath.