Most Villified of the New Rainbow Knights

Discussion of general LEGO topics

Which one of the new multi-colored knights do you dislike the most?

Radical Red
15%
Barbie Blue
58%
Pustulent Purple
19%
Gangrenous Green
4%
Basic Black
No votes
I don't hate any of them!
4%

Total votes: 26

TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Most Villified of the New Rainbow Knights

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Jellybean Knights, Power Ranger Knights, whatever. You like a different name, run your own poll! :D

Really, this probably only involves two of the figures, but for completeness sake, all five of the new Knight's Kingdom closed helm figures are included. You can choose any criteria that you like: non-medieval shields, funky swords, eye-strain colors, whatever! Just choose the one that you like the least. If you like them all, or want to add any other comments or observations positive or negative, please feel free to do so!

For those deriding any of the colors as "non-heraldic", let me rattle off Gules, Vert, Sable, and Purpure. "Sky-Blue" is a later addition and is the only color that is not strictly medieval (feel free to vote for purple 'cause you hate it, just don't make up wrong reasons for voting for it). 8)
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Was there something wrong with the pic, because I thought I noticed 2 different shades of blue knights.... The one in the joust seems to have a lighter blue color.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Devari
Journeyman

Post by Devari »

The Purple. I HATE that colour. Although light blue is a close second, at least it looks half-way decent.

Impale me for saying this, but I actually like the red and green knights. Still, I'd take a Yellow Castle knight any day....

If there really is a "blue" knight, I think I'll like that one as well. And those "bad guys" look so good!
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

I hate the sky blue the most. I'll try to work them into my armies though.

My favorite's are the Black, Red, and green in that order.

DM
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Sky blue is perhaps the most USELESS for me. I could give it to my little sister though.

I have found uses for the red, green, blue, green, and even purple knight. The black one and those scorpion soldiers with be their own faction, but I need to make a special version of the black one to be their leader. Still not sure about what faction they'll be, Im thinking either ancient Iberia (spain/protugal), or Siberia, or Atlantis. I've been contemplating a new mid-east faction, though I think I already have a bunch of them, due to the "Scorpion King" influence. I already have Egypt and they weren't big on armor, could be Akkadians ooh... Philistines/Sea Peoples!!!
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

I hate the powder blue one.
I usually dont hate anything, (except time travelin' timmy) so this is really saying something.
I will probably get and use all of the others, but that pne - *shudder*

LF
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

The Baby Blue is also the one I hate the most, the Violet is a close second though. It is likely I may decide to use them as ceremonial armor for female warriors. That is the only real use I could see for those colors. With 55 Light Gray Euro Armor and over 75 of the Dark Gray, any of the new armor colors will only be used as ceremonial for my nobles anyway. Except perhaps the black and red which may become a new faction, If the armor printing is a sticker, I can see using a l can see myself purchasing a lot more of the sets, if it is a print, I will likely only buy one or two of the smaller sets, and none of the larger. Brasso is a little tough on my asthma. You can bet on seeing a lot of the crummy pieces and the weird armor colors in a lot of stores on Bricklink.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
adm_matthew
Journeyman

Post by adm_matthew »

I don't like the "Barbie Blue" one.
Christopher McCleerey
Peasant

Post by Christopher McCleerey »

Let me just say that I am not all that pleased with the rainbow/jellybean knights. But since TLC went that direction...
I really, really would have liked a blue knight. TLC kept to strong, primary colors on every knight except the blue one! I therefor detest the sky/barbie/baby blue knight above all others. Sometimes it seems as if TLC can read my thoughts and then act against them.

Yes, I'm frustrated.
C
A cartographer's end:
"Here be dragons!"
ThomasBrickheim
Serf

Post by ThomasBrickheim »

That barbie blue knight is far the worst. I don't like those very colored knights anyway, but there might be ways to use them. The purple one: purple wizhard in battle? The green one: forestmen-knight? You could mix the blue and the red knight for a better color-scheme. Onely the black one is nice. Very nice in fact.
And the horses look good. (except for those wheeled ones :P )
And the wizhard is nice.
For the whole picture it is a kind of a disappointment, but at least castle is back and it might get better!
"And He said:"Let there be bricks!" And there were bricks."
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Since the new year has arrived, let me declare that the Winner is:

Barbie Blue! Well, ummmm, I suppose that should be "loser" and not "winner". :wink:

Maybe if I had named it Pansy Purple? In any case, we will have to wait for the real thing to show up to see if they live up (or down) to our various expectations. By the way, foil leaf wasn't entirely satisfactory, so I think a light coat of spray paint black followed by silver Rub'N'Buff is the way to go on treating your armor if you don't think you are going to like the colors offered by Lego.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

'DOH - and I had just posted about trying your foil leaf method. and asking for advice. and here is your advice - to not try it. :D

Hehe oh well - back to the drawing board.

thanks
LF