Dog Ironbones wrote:Question 1: Do all categories have to be minifigure scale.
- Basically yes. You could use a bit of microscale in an otherwise fig-scale MOC for the sake of forced perspective, or to include some sort of fairy or other small fantasy race within a fig-scale world, but truly microscale MOCs would go to the Misc. category.
Dog Ironbones wrote:Question 2: Does Set 3739 Blacksmith Shop qualify for the alternate model category.
- The category states both no alternate models and KKI onwards (i.e. starting in 2000). I just checked, and set 3739 does not have alternate models on the box, and it came out in 2002, so on both counts this is a perfectly fine set to use.
AK_Brickster wrote:With regard to the lighting category, you mentioned third party or homemade lighting, but what about clone-brand products?
- We will discuss this and get back to you. I've seen those clone light bricks in Target as well, so I know what you mean.
-Edit- Okay, let's just say that those clone brick lights are okay, but not highly encouraged. I noted in another answer that I could imagine hiding a small flashlight inside a MOC, and these could be used in a similar way.
royalbrickcustoms wrote:Custom Faction category: Can we make a custom "good" faction fighting a custom "bad" faction in 1 entry?
- We will discuss this and get back to you. I'm mainly concerned that with two factions it will make it hard to really see either individual faction.
-edit- We discussed and think you should only have one custom faction per entry.
Lolino wrote:One question. In 'A Child's Life' can the scene be dramatical?
Could you clarify what you mean by this?
Crazycrownieguy wrote:I have a question, in the building an alternate model for a set category, could we use the extra pieces from the set as well, or only the pieces listed in the back of the instructions?
- If it came in the box, you can use it. Basically treat this category as "what could you build if you only owned this one set?"
mpoh98 wrote:In the castle category, does it matter to what scale we build the castle, as long as it is bigger than a 32/32? What if we can't build a full sized MINIFIG scale castle, can we make a castle to a smaller scale? (Ex. Microfig)
- That category has a minimum size, but no maximum, so you can build anywhere from just over 32x32 to a MOC that fills a gymnasium. As to microscale, no, see question 15 above.
Sir Erathor wrote:For the Secret Hideout category can the outlaws be our own (purist) custom-made faction?
See question 8
above (basically yes).