The fleshie dilemma

Discussion of general LEGO topics
ludzik
Steward

The fleshie dilemma

Post by ludzik »

OK, long time ago... in the time of :) when all :) were the same the color to go with was yellow..... then many years have passed... I missed many evolutions and generations and when I came back while I liked the new selection of faces (I left right about the time when female faces started making an appearance) though two things irked me: two sided heads and fleshies..... couple years passed and I"ve crossed a new bridge. I'm actually considering fleshie faces.... I actually like some of the new ones (ok quite a few of them) BUT I still don't like the double sided heads. I understand what they're trying to do with them and the totally opposing expressions but they still irk me (maybe because the opposite expression is usually a really stupid one).

So here's my fleshie dilemma: I would love to have my "main" characters to have a fleshie look to make them more "realistic" and I don't have a problem mixing fleshie and yellow faces (to show different regions, different races) I can't stand the double sided heads!!!!!!

I wish that there was a fleshie head, bearded (preferably black stubble or something like that) with dark eyebrows that had a neutral or maybe a slightly menacing look to it.....
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Re: The fleshie dilemma

Post by Athos »

What about Sirius Black?

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
ludzik
Steward

Post by ludzik »

Athos wrote:What about Sirius Black?

Steve
Hmmmm not what I was looking for... I think that the older (earlier) fleshie ones weren't as "complete". Compare that one to http://brickset.com/minifigs/?m=lor066 . I think the newer ones have more "lifelike" expressions on the primary side.
CoreyMitchell
Serf

Post by CoreyMitchell »

how about this one?

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3626cpb946

woohoo, first post!
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Welcome, Corey!

I personally really like the double-sided heads (in most situations) anything that gives me more options is a good thing, in my book.

Plus, while the "second side" might seem "goofy" at first, they can actually be very useful in certain situations where you need to convey a specific emotion.
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
Tedward
Squire

Post by Tedward »

And there is always Brasso. Taa daa! double-sided no more. 8)
ludzik
Steward

Post by ludzik »

Tedward wrote:And there is always Brasso. Taa daa! double-sided no more. 8)
does brasso have any "after effects"? Any deterioration/discoloration issues?
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

ludzik wrote:
Tedward wrote:And there is always Brasso. Taa daa! double-sided no more. 8)
does brasso have any "after effects"? Any deterioration/discoloration issues?
In all my years customizing, I have never used Brasso yet. However, I've also never heard of any cautions, warnings, or grumblings of any negative side affects. I think you'll be safe to use Brasso without the concern of ruining your parts.
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
ludzik
Steward

Post by ludzik »

Thanks all for the suggestions and ideas. I finally resigned myself to the use of brasso and at that moment I found a head in my collection that fit my needs. As I started to redo my main characters I came to one though though... what about the women???? And sadly that became the "stopping" point as I have 1 female elf and 1 persian princess that are fleshie and that's it! Ugh.... tirpple ugh!!!!! I don't have any more torsos that are fleshie colored..... oh well, back to the drawing board.
Brickninja
Here there be dragons

Post by Brickninja »

I like yellows, double sided, but fleshies? Ick. I cannot and will not have yellows in fleshed in the same diorama, it's one or the other for me, preferably yellows. I always like getting double sided heads.just my opinion.