Global Challenge VI - A Glimmer of Hope (Preparation)

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Global Challenge VI - A Glimmer of Hope (Preparation)

Post by AK_Brickster »

A Glimmer of Hope (Preparation)

It has been many months since the evil Queen Galainir seized control of the land by capturing the leaders of Roawia at her coronation banquet. The countryside has been overrun by her minions, and the peoples of Lenfald, Loreos and Garheim have been helpless to resist, for fear of bringing harm to their beloved leaders, friends and family who remain imprisoned in the Queen’s dungeons.
Until now, all hope has seemed lost. Until now, the people have cowered and fled the Queen’s forces.

…Until now.

A coalition of forces from across Roawia has been diligently questing for a mythical sword, the Sword of Arondor; a weapon that could be used to combat the Queen and her evil master sorcerer, Maldrake the Silent. The sword is rumored to be secured in a secret vault that requires several crystals to be recovered in order to unlock it. The coalition is currently attempting to find the crystals so that the sword can be recovered and used to help free Roawia.

Prince Chartres, now a young knight, is leading the rebellion efforts from a secret camp deep within the Dark Forest of Lenfald, but the Queen’s forces are constantly hunting him, attempting to quash the rebellion before it has time to materialize. If the sword can be found soon, Chartres and his men have a plan to use it to free the hostages and remove Galainir from the throne.
Since the Queen's henchmen are on high-alert, utmost secrecy is required among local patriots who seek to overthrow her.

The time is now, while the sword is being recovered, for the people to begin gathering their resources for a full-scale uprising, to occur immediately once the sword has been attained.

GLOBAL CHALLENGE VI – Phase I

The Challenge:
Show your character preparing for rebellion against the Queen’s forces. This can be stockpiling/forging weapons, gathering intelligence on the enemy, secretly assembling troops, etc. Remember that open conflict with the Queen's troops is still forbidden. Members of the Outlaw faction who oppose the Queen can participate in these kinds of preparations as well. Outlaws who favor the queen can show the Queen’s forces rooting out these resistance cells, taking prisoners and destroying weapons caches.

Rules:
There are three size categories that you can enter. You may enter as many or as few of the categories as you wish. Limit one entry per category, three entries max.
Vignette / Fig Scene – Max size 8x8 (including border) – 1 personal points / global points per entry
Restricted Scene – Min size 20x20, Max size 32x32 – 3 personal points / global points per entry
Unrestricted Scene – Min size 33x33, no maximum – 5 personal points / global points per entry

Scoring:
As usual, each faction will select finalists, this time there will be one finalist per size category, three finalists per faction.
Global winner will be determined from a weighted vote total. Votes for your faction’s vignette finalist will count as +1 per vote, votes for the restricted finalist will be +2 per vote, and votes for the story finalist will be +3 per vote received. The winning faction will be the one who receives the highest weighted vote total among all three categories.

So, for example (using Outlaws (O) and Garheim (G) for simplicity)
Vignette - O: 4 votes, G: 2 votes (x1)
Restricted - O:3 votes, G: 3 votes (x2)
Story - O: 2 votes, G 4 votes (x3)

Total votes for Outlaws: 4+6+6 = 14
Total votes for Garheim: 2+6+12 = 20

Prizes: To be determined - Sponsors are welcome to contact me if you wish to lend prize support for this building challenge.

Deadline: February 2nd

Together, we can free our land! To arms, noble Rowians!
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
Louie le Brickvalier
Apprentice

Re: Global Challenge VI - A Glimmer of Hope (Preparation)

Post by Louie le Brickvalier »

YA! To Arms! Great Global Challenge, AK!

Shall I help in finding a sponsor, again? I have a few in mind from last go around who might want to help. :)
Crazycrownieguy
Bailiff

Post by Crazycrownieguy »

Awesome challenge! I am definitely going to enter all three categories.
I might be able to sponsor a prize, I'll send a PM concerning the details.
For the glory of Garhim!!!
Captain Rufus Song
[img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7380/12914982 ... 29d6_o.jpg[/img][img]http://5z8.info/add-worm_wcvp[/img][img]http://5z8.info/openme.exe_exoh[/img]
Sir Haymar
Villein

Post by Sir Haymar »

Yes! To arms, my fellow Roawians! To arms! Can't wait to begin building for this!
SSchmidt
Merchant

Post by SSchmidt »

Evil queen?!! Bah! Galainir has brought freedom and hope to us Outlaws the rest of you Roawians despise. All resistance to the queen will be rooted out!

For the queen!

BTW, awesome GC, can't wait to see everyone's entries :D

What happens if Galainir is gone? Will Chartres take the throne? Hypothetical questions, my mind is stirring. :wink:
This development is awesome! Using Chartres was/is brilliant. Thanks, KC, for all your hard work!
PSN: SSchmidt-
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-orks/map/rankings/copy_of_lionhearttorso.jpg[/img]
[img]http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2807/9561546705_8f26947042_o.jpg[/img]
Caelan
Aquarian

Post by Caelan »

Wow, that's a lot of building for just a month's time, but the story line is too good not to take a try at all three categories :D .
FOs, fantastic work here and I'm sure the entire LCC membership is thrilled with this direction. 8)

...and for SSchmidt, you chose the wrong side, friend!
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/80813941@N08/]My Flickr Account[/url]
John 3:16
MasterMinifig
Peasant

Post by MasterMinifig »

Whoop! Time to drive out these villains!

Phase one looks great! Can't wait to see some entries. Also, really happy LCC's kicking back into action. :D
ZacharyIslazy
Bailiff

Post by ZacharyIslazy »

Quick question, it says for those who support the Queen that we should show her forces asserting their power in some form, taking prisoners etc. Would a build showing a public execution of a rebellious, out spoken citizen be okay? Or is her majesty only taking prisoners? Thanks.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/56307748@N02]Flickr[/url]
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... ttorso.jpg[/img]

Check out Lands of Roawia!
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

I think the queen is feeling the squeeze of a possible uprising. An execution might make a good example of what could happen to any wanna-be rebels :twisted:
ZacharyIslazy
Bailiff

Post by ZacharyIslazy »

It most certainly will :twisted: Thanks for the quick response Jordan!
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/56307748@N02]Flickr[/url]
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... ttorso.jpg[/img]

Check out Lands of Roawia!
Brother Steven
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Brother Steven »

A coalition of forces from across Roawia has been diligently questing for a mythical sword, the Sword of Arondor; a weapon that could be used to combat the Queen and her evil master sorcerer, Maldrake the Silent.

What?! Woah?!?! Am I the only one who saw that?! :twitch:

Do you mean that Chartres Wenseclaus II is going retake Roawia with a magic sword!!! that's what the Queen did!! She took over with magic! The horror!!

If Chartres is to be a user of magic let me be clear... I, Sir Angus, will never swear allegiance to a man who uses mythical objects!!!

instead how about this coalition of forces looks for an awesome indestructible suit of armor for Chartres to wear instead of a mythical (magic) sword?

Please consider this.

Bro Steven
Caelan
Aquarian

Post by Caelan »

Brother Steven wrote:If Chartres is to be a user of magic let me be clear... I, Sir Angus, will never swear allegiance to a man who uses mythical objects!!! Bro Steven
I'll go one farther, Bro: As long as High Lord Triphian 1st is still breathing, I'm not swearing allegiance to the brat either, magic or no magic! :P
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/80813941@N08/]My Flickr Account[/url]
John 3:16
Brother Steven
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Brother Steven »

Caelan wrote:I'll go one farther, Bro: As long as High Lord Triphian 1st is still breathing, I'm not swearing allegiance to the brat either, magic or no magic! :P
No leader of Roawia should have magic weapons, when law abiding citizens are against it allready!!
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Desperate times sometimes call for desperate measures. Does anyone else have a better idea for how to defeat a villainous Queen and her master wizard??
Brother Steven
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Brother Steven »

AK_Brickster wrote:Desperate times sometimes call for desperate measures. Does anyone else have a better idea for how to defeat a villainous Queen and her master wizard??
Yes, I do!

Chartres should acquire, instead of a sword, an awesome indestructible suit of armor (not magical) that no lightening bolt or flame or other dark magic could penetrate so that the queen's power would be useless against him.

And above all, united we are strong. We outnumber the queen's armies a hundred to one. Without her armies and treacherous blackmail, she is hopeless.

WE MUST UNITE!!

I think Chartres should fight the queen with his bravery, skill and true leadership rather than lowering himself to the queen's magic and trickery. Let him be an example to all us knights, lords and peasants.