MASSIVE Helms Deep creation - Kentucky Brick Expo

Discussion and planning of large-scale Castle Themed displays and events
Tedward
Squire

Re: MASSIVE Helms Deep creation - Kentucky Brick Expo

Post by Tedward »

richardanthonyc wrote:For those pedantic in nature there were no Elves at Helms Deep...
As I am equally pedantic in nature I have to ask: were you there? :lol:

And the word you are looking for is not "pedantic". You need a word that means "faithful to the original book" as the movie produced by Peter Jackson most assuredly did include elves as have any number of spinoffs such as graphic novels, video games and other works depicting the battle based on Jackson's work.
richardanthonyc
Reeve

Post by richardanthonyc »

Tedward wrote:
richardanthonyc wrote:For those pedantic in nature there were no Elves at Helms Deep...
As I am equally pedantic in nature I have to ask: were you there? :lol:

And the word you are looking for is not "pedantic". You need a word that means "faithful to the original book" as the movie produced by Peter Jackson most assuredly did include elves as have any number of spinoffs such as graphic novels, video games and other works depicting the battle based on Jackson's work.
Now look who is being pedantic :lol: But yes you are correct. I love LOTR but Jackson really took the biscuit with artistic licence. I was there man... I survived Hells Deep as the crew called it 8) Jokes I wish I had been there :cry:
SIlent enim leges inter arma

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... asant4.jpg[/img]
Alcarin
Serf

Post by Alcarin »

Looks really great, I kept watching this everyday, could not get enough of it! Now thats what LOTR was about, massive armies!