A new faction/sigil for Castle fans?

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Silmaril_1
Serf

A new faction/sigil for Castle fans?

Post by Silmaril_1 »

Hey all,

While visiting Copenhagen (an its LEGO stores, of course), I stumbled upon a very exciting sigil I had never seen before in the "Build your own minifig" zone. Here's a link to the corresponding Bricklink page: [url]https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalog ... 3#T=C&C=86[/url]

The part was added to Bricklink a little less than a month ago (June 19), so I think it must be a brand new sigil. I don't know if it's available in all countries or just in Denmark, but if you see it in a store, I highly recommend you buy a few since it's... fairly expensive on Bricklink.

Anyway, I wanted to ask you guys what your thoughts are on this: is this a piece exclusive to Danish retail stores? Could it be some sort of premature announcement of a new Castle line?
Flickr : [url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/silmaril_1/[/url]

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they're genuine or not." -- A. Lincoln
soccerkid6
Admin
Admin

Re: A new faction/sigil for Castle fans?

Post by soccerkid6 »

I've heard that people have been finding those shields at the Build-a-Minifigure in official LEGO stores in the US.
Definitely a wonderful sigil :D
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Brickbuilt: http://www.brickbuilt.org/
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/isaacsnyder/
Silmaril_1
Serf

Post by Silmaril_1 »

So that would probably mean it's available in all LEGO stores worldwide. Awesome :wink:
And yeah, it looks great! I can't wait to put it into some new creations, and see what others will use it for.
Last edited by Silmaril_1 on Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flickr : [url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/silmaril_1/[/url]

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they're genuine or not." -- A. Lincoln
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

I think it is all great. There are other things in the build a fig that are castle-ish too. It's about time Castle got a little loving again.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

Post by Elephant Knight »

Woah. I hope my stores here in Alberta Have these. I need to go check.

EKnight
It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Flickr, Colour it Blacktron, A Pirate's Life
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

Post by Elephant Knight »

I can confirm the presence of these in Alberta. Went to the store in Edmonton yesterday, and managed to pick up 5.

Eknight
It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Flickr, Colour it Blacktron, A Pirate's Life
Purple Wolf
Hero
Hero

Post by Purple Wolf »

This is just an amazing piece. Looks amazing and I'm super glad to see that shield type used again as it may be my favorite shape. I also never had any Crusader/Lion Knights before so this is extra cool. I find it interesting they have crossed keys instead of crossed axes like the minifigures had on their torsos.

Purple Wolf :)
There's always room for dessert.
brickshelf
"Trolls exist! They steal your socks but only the left ones whats with that?"
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

I finally got some. They are really nice. I'm happy to include them in my castle armory.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Terry Tuffnuts
Serf

Post by Terry Tuffnuts »

I'd prefer to flesh out existing factions rather than trotting out sparse new factions all the time. I'm happy that you're happy though
ffilz
Foot Soldier

Post by ffilz »

Terry Tuffnuts wrote:I'd prefer to flesh out existing factions rather than trotting out sparse new factions all the time. I'm happy that you're happy though
On the one hand, I have that same feeling. On the other hand, actually each knight should have their own coat of arms so I actually welcome these onesies/twosies.
Bishons
Apprentice
Location: The land where the sun beats hot and the kangaroos bounce 'round

Post by Bishons »

ffilz wrote:
Terry Tuffnuts wrote:I'd prefer to flesh out existing factions rather than trotting out sparse new factions all the time. I'm happy that you're happy though
On the one hand, I have that same feeling. On the other hand, actually each knight should have their own coat of arms so I actually welcome these onesies/twosies.
I reckon that they need come breastplates and torsos with this symbol, else the shield is the only thing with the print on it.
Bishons,

The key to good MOC building is a large brain and a kinda big wallet

My website: https://sites.google.com/view/bishons-lego-creations/home
ffilz
Foot Soldier

Post by ffilz »

Bishons wrote:
ffilz wrote:
I reckon that they need come breastplates and torsos with this symbol, else the shield is the only thing with the print on it.
Not all knights need their coat of arms on their armor, a shield is often sufficient.