What was your first LEGO set?

Discussion of general LEGO topics
Kurojaki
Freeman

Re: What was your first LEGO set?

Post by Kurojaki »

Had a talk with my friend about first/old lego sets quite recently. In my childhood, thanks to my two older brothers I had some real gems of castle theme around; including the King's Mountain Fortress and Black Knight's Castle along with some others I'm not sure about. Below I'll try to remember what I actually had myself.

I don't have any vivid memory of this little boat below, but considering I had one of these shields and torsos, it's likely I had this. Also only had the tiniest sets available at that age from different themes, what a shame.

Although not remembering that one, I remember very well when my parents refused to let me buy the 6008 Royal King saying "no, you have enough horses already". C'mon, I just wanted that crown and sword! :(

The set below is likely the earliest birthday gift I can remember by now and I can remember the moment so well. Pretty much everything included was something completely new and cool for me. What a shame it was the only western set I ever had!

Fright Knights! If the boat mentioned earlier wasn't my first castle set, this crossbow cart was. Although the builds of this theme were not that impressive, I always loved the minifigs and the idea in general.

5-6 years after getting that crossbow cart, I would buy

and
from a small town silent toy shop, along with some small sets from other themes. Many treasures there. Even though I was a little boy in the middle of elementary school years, I was far more interested in sets I missed rather than what was currently around at the time.