CCC XX - Hirska

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
the Inventor
Laborer

CCC XX - Hirska

Post by the Inventor »

Bestiary entry for Hirska or "Demon deer".

The Whispering Woods harbors many dangerous creatures, one such creature is the Hirska.

When seen from afar it looks just like a normal deer, only when up-close one sees how big it is, between 1.5 and 2 times the size of a normal horse.

It's most defining feature is the single big eye where it's face is supposed to be.

Many wonder how such a creature can survive when no visible mouth is observed. Studies into the creatures are sparse, because no-one is crazy enough to get up-close to the beast. A theory of some scholars of Rindael suggest it absorbs it's nutrients from the forest soil through its hooves.

It doesn't like visitors, so when encountering it, make sure you leave the area as soon as possible, when it notices you, be prepared to run. It will attack anyone with it's legs or antlers.

Hiding behind bushes won't work, because it's eye will see through it, climbing in a tree sometimes helps, but please, find a strong tree, because the power of the beast is enough to fell small and middle sized trees with slamming against it with his head.

--

My entry for the Fantasy Creature category of CCC XX.

Hirska by Ids de Jong, on Flickr
Last edited by the Inventor on Thu May 18, 2023 6:45 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Visit my Flickr, Brickshelf or youtube.
FalconWolf
Serf

Re: CCC XX - Hirska

Post by FalconWolf »

This deer is clearly an apex predator. Not one of these chipmunk-eating mule deer. Very cool!
the Inventor
Laborer

Re: CCC XX - Hirska

Post by the Inventor »

Thank you.
Visit my Flickr, Brickshelf or youtube.