CCC XXI: Monastery vignette

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Kurojaki
Freeman

CCC XXI: Monastery vignette

Post by Kurojaki »

ImageMonastery vignette by J.J.J Kytzoin, on Flickr

My entry for CCC XXI: Religious Building

This vignette shows a scriptorium and a wine cellar.
Azaghal
Landlord

Re: CCC XXI: Monastery vignette

Post by Azaghal »

Solid work. The foliage over the windows is a nice touch, and I really like the wine rack made from the railing pieces, that's rather clever.
Kurojaki
Freeman

Re: CCC XXI: Monastery vignette

Post by Kurojaki »

Azaghal wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:33 pm Solid work. The foliage over the windows is a nice touch, and I really like the wine rack made from the railing pieces, that's rather clever.
Thanks! This was done really quick after I realized I probably wouldn't have time to build entire monastery of any size and still enter remaining categories. Small part was meant to be vineyard with the cellar entrance near it, but ended up going with "boring" and "simplified" layout. Some sort of stained glass window was an early idea as well but yeah my compromise with both was to go with that foliage. The last days were hectic...

Happy with that simple rack, the idea just came out of nowhere right after I struggled with the other rack...

The scriptorium has some light nougat bricks around the windows, which I didn't think I would use in anything castle related anytime soon.