CMF Series 25

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Terry Tuffnuts
Serf

CMF Series 25

Post by Terry Tuffnuts »

We don't post leaks here so I'm just playing around with some ideas of what COULD be included at a guess.

Imagine they included a goat (same goat mold, just white instead of original colour for example), that would be great. I have a Mill Village raid that is missing a goat.

They've been doing some castle stuff for different factions. It would be weird if the did a second fright knights before any royal knights or dragon knights. It would be odd if they called it something like 'BASIL THE BAT LORD' or something because that already exists.
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

Re: CMF Series 25

Post by Elephant Knight »

Indeed it would be very strange and unlikely, but still we can hope :wink:

EKnight
It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Flickr, Colour it Blacktron, A Pirate's Life
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

Terry Tuffnuts wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:54 pm We don't post leaks here so I'm just playing around with some ideas of what COULD be included at a guess.

Imagine they included a goat (same goat mold, just white instead of original colour for example), that would be great. I have a Mill Village raid that is missing a goat.

They've been doing some castle stuff for different factions. It would be weird if the did a second fright knights before any royal knights or dragon knights. It would be odd if they called it something like 'BASIL THE BAT LORD' or something because that already exists.
Please tread lightly. While you were careful with how you stated that, it is information that is against our TOS. Also, if you are not familiar with the leak policy for LEGO, it would be best to become familiar. By posting, you could cause issues for the community.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Azaghal
Landlord

Post by Azaghal »

OK, now that these are available for sale, we can talk about them, right? I just got an order of them in and have a few observations.

Firstly, overall, the new boxes are I think designed to make it obvious when they've been opened. I ordered a six-pack and three loose ones, and while unfortunatly didn't luck into a Vampire Bat Lord, but besides that got a fairly decent spread as far as Castle-adjacent figures go.

The Fierce Barbarian is probably my favorite of the order - clearly ripped from all the best '80s Sword & Sorcery movies, the new hair and sword molds just go really well together. I've never quite understood the appeal of the goat piece, but the Goatherd would be a good all-around peasant/Forestman type even without it. Except for the hat that I plan to use for a Super Mario Toad minifig soon, the Mushroom Sprite is fairly generic, though the butterfly is nice. The Harpy . . . the design, in terms of parts used, is not bad, but someone needed to pick either purple or dark blue and stick to it. Both of them, plus light blue and pink is just too many colors for one minifigure.
Kurojaki
Freeman

Post by Kurojaki »

Azaghal wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:15 pm The Harpy . . . the design, in terms of parts used, is not bad, but someone needed to pick either purple or dark blue and stick to it. Both of them, plus light blue and pink is just too many colors for one minifigure.
My thoughts exactly. I like it but it's a bit too colorful.

I'll get "the new Basil" (if not multiple) surely since the old one was one of my favorite figs in my childhood. Apart from that one, the barbarian and the goatherder are good. And with both of those I got to agree again...

Everything else - don't care really. But good series overall this time. While doing grocery shopping yesterday, bought just one and got the detective guy. I would rank that one highest after already mentioned ones, so not too bad.

edit:
Buying these completely blind occasionally for some time, updating below:
4x Film Noir Detective
4x Fitness Instructor
6x Pet Groomer
6x Train Kid

edit 2: for real?
Last edited by Kurojaki on Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

The only one I really want is the New Batlord. About half of them I wouldn't mind picking up. With the new boxes, I don't foresee myself picking up the whole wave like I have done for most of the previous waves.

EKnight

Sir Dano
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Sir Dano »

I'm already up to 11 Batlords, 10 goatherders and 5 barbarians, this series is great.
Terry Tuffnuts
Serf

Post by Terry Tuffnuts »

Sir Dano wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:34 am I'm already up to 11 Batlords, 10 goatherders and 5 barbarians, this series is great.
Haha im just visualizing your journey and diminishing budget to get those.

I wanted Goatherd and Batlord. First purchase: 3 boxes and got both so im happy with my rng
Kurojaki
Freeman

Post by Kurojaki »

Terry Tuffnuts wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:01 pm
Sir Dano wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:34 am I'm already up to 11 Batlords, 10 goatherders and 5 barbarians, this series is great.
Haha im just visualizing your journey and diminishing budget to get those.

I wanted Goatherd and Batlord. First purchase: 3 boxes and got both so im happy with my rng
And I've bought 20 with none of those (as I've updated to earlier message after each purchase) :lol: I should just quit the gambling and buy seperately. I did buy goatherder and barbarian since this one shop was selling them separately for similar price as the packages. Also I was able to trade one of my trainkids for a harpie there.

But no Batlord. I can't believe it's been the same 4 minifigs I've been getting and apart from the detective they are pretty much what I don't want at all
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Use a small digital scale and you'll *easily* be able to ID the Batlord, Goatherd, and Barbarian figures (their weights are unique enough that they won't be confused with any other fig, even with the small variations due to glue, calibration, etc.). You can pick up a scale for like $10-15, which easily pays for itself if it saves you from opening just a couple of figs you don't want. I've brought my scale to multiple Lego stores and nobody minds if you weigh the boxes in-store before buying.

Outside of those three figs, the rest are harder to tell with a scale because they're all between 17g-18g with enough variation that it's just not super reliable.

For those cases, or if you want *extra* assurance before opening the packages, you can buy a cheap "ear wax removal camera" from Amazon for another $15. I recommend buying the figs and taking them home for this method. The tip of the probe with the camera fits into the small gaps in the corner seams of the box enough to verify the contents (sometimes with a little shaking or tilting of the box to get the identifying parts into view). When you're done, simply give the seam a little pinch to hide the probe deformation of the cardboard. If you're careful, you've not damaged anything and the box is more than suitable to be returned to your local retailer.
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
Kurojaki
Freeman

Post by Kurojaki »

^Yep, familiar with both methods. I kinda predicted the scale becoming a thing when the packaging changes to boxes. I've used such small scale at work and got it somewhere... Ear wax removal camera I came across in some video recently.

Anyway it's not a big deal, I noticed huge price differences between shops, even half the price from what they would be at the LEGO online store. Not sure how some would sell for so cheap... I've bought half from some online store while getting something else and half while just doing usual grocery store shopping.

I like the idea of "mystery boxes" but these are just huge fail. Imagine some 8 year old trying to collect all spending weekly allowance just to always get the same a few with least worth on Bricklink. But yeah I do understand people don't want to spend a fortune just to get the only good fig in whole series. I also don't have any "need" for most
DerBum
Laborer

Post by DerBum »

Well, most places in my area only seem to have received one box of them. Once those were gone there was no restock anywhere. If I was a kid using my allowance, or whatever, I wouldn't have had the opportunity to buy enough of them to get a reasonable chance of getting the ones I wanted. If you're not into getting a bunch you don't want and then trading to get what you do want, you're kind of hosed.

I like the idea of CMFs, but I think the system stinks for kids. The barcode method works on the large barcodes, but by the time the codes are up online I think stock is likely going to be drained in a lot of areas. It's a tough call, but I think Lego should find a better method for making them accessible.

I managed to get 2 barbarians, 1 Bat Lord, and 1 goat herd. The Bat Lord was by barcode and it was the only one I found in 5 stores in my area. The others were all luck, but I ended up with a bunch of useless figures that aren't useful for anything in particular.
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

I first used the method of buying two of the 6 packs that Lego sells online. In each 6 pack, I got 6 unique figures, but ended up with 3 doubles between the two. Not a horrible method, you're guaranteed 6 different ones, at least. Or I hope so. perhaps the two I got were outliers.

Then I bought a full case from Costco (Online only). Got three full sets, split it between two of my brothers, any unwanted ones went to Bricklink. Pretty good method if your looking for the whole set and have someone to split with. Plus I saved a dollar per minifig, too boot. And by the looks of it, you don't need a Costco card to order online.

EKnight