Pictures

Discussion of photography, editing and publishing techniques
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Digital cameras. It's really just a matter of knowing how to use them. For example, take pictures from farther away, and crop off the extra to get clearer pics. Work on your lighting, etc. I'd say more, but I'm really not one of the experts where digital cameras are concerned.

And other than digitals, your options are few and far between.

By the way, this should be in PUBLISHING.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Formendacil wrote:By the way, this should be in PUBLISHING.
Yes'm!

*scrabbles to carry out Formendacil's orders*

:wink:

I use a FujiFilm FinePix 2400Zoom, not the best, but certainly not the worst. Make sure to edit your pics before you upload them to Brickshelf, though. Digital pics are huge, and you don't want anger people like me who can't download huge pics because of megabloks dial up! :evil:
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Re: Pictures

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

legoguy2 wrote:How do you put your pictures on the computer? i`m trying to make sigfig for myself, but whenever I use a digital camera it always turns out wrong. What do you use?
You need to be more specific on what "wrong" is before we can give more detailed recommendations, but here's some general advice for shooting Lego:

1. Generally, you need lots of light or either your flash will go off or your hand will move too much during a long delay while the camera shutter remains open long enough to gather enough light. Long exposures really need a tripod or some other way to stablize the camera.

2. Focus. Most digital cameras auto-focus with a half-depress of the shutter release. Make sure you do that.

3. Macro. If your camera has a macro feature that allows close-ups, you may need to use that if you really want to get tight. The distance changes with different cameras - one might 4 inches minimum distance, another might be two feet.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]