The other half

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

The other half

Post by LEGOFREAK »

This is Alex's side of the table, cleaned up in a hurry.
It includes a 6080 done in red and black that he built entirely himself (makes a poppa proud that does) a hot lava moat (yes inspired by Hachi), the littered remnants of orcish meals, and a nifty drawbridge that Alex and I made together.

Fantasy Fortress (after moderation)

Oh - and a skull that vomits hot lava. :D

Alex's side was probably the most fun thing we built. It has almost no basis in reality whatsoever. It is simply a place where an orc or a scorpion knight can let his fur down and just kick back with the ... uh... freaks. :D

Also - note that placed around this and my fantasy castle are several things either inspired by people here... or blantantly copied from them. :D if you want recognition for something of "yours" feel free to post "hey - thats mine!" :D
Last edited by LEGOFREAK on Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

The skull looks great...but the folder isn't public yet. Could you post deeplinks?
Space rocks.
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

Holy macaroly, is that skull is like that now, I don't wan't to see it alive.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Awesome! The folder is finally public. That fortress is awesome. You have just inspired something for me. Thanks. And tell Alex keep up the good work.
Space rocks.
MaxiVisVires
Squire
Location: San Diego, CA If I was any closer to LEGOLand, I'd be living there

Post by MaxiVisVires »

LF that stuff is simply great. I love the skull. The castle itself has alot of details where it gives you the feel of something bad is gonna happen. Very impressive job. As always keep up the good work.
"The Wise Warrior, When he moves, Is never confused; When he acts, Is never at a loss."
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=kaylinda]Vis Vires Toys[/url] | [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... xivisvires]My Brickshelf[/url]
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

With all the MOCs you post, I sometimes have to wonder if you ever work.

Or is the truth that Alex makes almost ALL the MOCs, and you just post them? :D

I'm joking, I'm joking!!!

Still, this looks great. If a little Freaky...
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

The folder is even better, you and Alex keep up the good work.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Formendacil wrote: Or is the truth that Alex makes almost ALL the MOCs, and you just post them? :D
Yeah - my son is pretty good with a brick. :D

Actually I usually only build on the weekends, or do a little everyday. my castle was built over the last couple of weeks, alex's side was half done after we reorganized about a month ago - hence the dust... :oops:

I have never lived in such a dusty town before. :D
I washed every plate before I put it down because i knew i'd be taking pics. that dust is what occured in the last month.

And thanks for all your great comments guys. I appreciate them. :D
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

Hey Freak,

This is awesome. I like the detail work on the skull a lot, as well as little details like stepping stones across the lava moat. So, are the inhabitants of this one friends or enemies of those in your fantasy castle? You and your son should stage an epic battle and photo-document it for us.

Bruce
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Bruce N H wrote:Hey Freak,

This is awesome. I like the detail work on the skull a lot, as well as little details like stepping stones across the lava moat. So, are the inhabitants of this one friends or enemies of those in your fantasy castle? You and your son should stage an epic battle and photo-document it for us.

Bruce
Because I am a true Californian - they are two parts to the same kingdom - a yin and a yang if you will. we sorta discourage terms like good and bad in our house opting for the more politically correct "humanitarians" for orcs (because they eat only humans :D) and "organizationally challenged" for the mobs, while on the greener side we simply call them the Kingsmen.

if I had three they'd be the Kingsmen Trio...
(who gets that? huh? raise your hand you older folks)

any way back on topic..

You're in luck - soon ALex and I are planning a major battle. I will be sure to report from the front lines with stunning photographs!

:D
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Can't wait to see the battle Freak. :D You have a very talented son. My son likes to build, but he doesn't invite me to build with him. :cry: Daddy only builds boring stuff. :wink: The fantasy castle is great and this looks like the perfect foil for it. If you need something to help you with dust, try a swiffer duster, it works very well.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Re: The other half

Post by footsteps »

LEGOFREAK wrote:Fantasy Fortress

Also - note that placed around this and my fantasy castle are several things either inspired by people here... or blantantly copied from them. :D if you want recognition for something of "yours" feel free to post "hey - thats mine!" :D
Hey - that's mine!!!!!

er... oops... sorry about that.... I think I just channeled for CamCorp :wink:

The only 'improvement' to the Fantasy Fortress would be if a CRAPP was available that matched the colour scheme used for the building. Having it sit on such a pleasant green mound kinda softens the impact.

Otherwise, an excellent piece of work by your son. Of course, you already knew that :D

Alan
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

LEGOFREAK wrote:
Bruce N H wrote:Hey Freak,

Bruce
if I had three they'd be the Kingsmen Trio...
(who gets that? huh? raise your hand you older folks)

:D
As a true Oregonian I have to say "Louie Louieh, blah blah (insert unintelligible lyrics from your childhood), we gotta now, yea-eye yea-eye (more gibberish)..."

As for the MOC, its nice to just build for the sake of building isn't it? Here's to lettting your imagination run free. But you're still a freak!! :wink:
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

The Blue Knight wrote:
As a true Oregonian I have to say "Louie Louieh, blah blah (insert unintelligible lyrics from your childhood), we gotta now, yea-eye yea-eye (more gibberish)..."

As for the MOC, its nice to just build for the sake of building isn't it? Here's to lettting your imagination run free. But you're still a freak!! :wink:

Thanks!

and wrong group! :D
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

What!! The Kingsmen did that song. Are they different from the Kingsmen Trio? Technicalities, schmecnicalities...
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens