2 New Viking MOCs

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Webrain
Journeyman

2 New Viking MOCs

Post by Webrain »

Well maybe not so new since I've showed them to a lot of CC memebrs already. Well they first time published anyway

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=100374

Waiting for your comments :)
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

Thats pretty cool. I really like the viking ship. Nice use of those round shields.
It's a Christmas Miracle!
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

You showed these to me on Chat and I really liked them. The ship is very nice and the cart would be worth stealling. Direstions maybe?
Space rocks.
MaxiVisVires
Squire
Location: San Diego, CA If I was any closer to LEGOLand, I'd be living there

Post by MaxiVisVires »

I love the ship. I'm so stealing it. Not gonna be for vikings though. Great work, keep it up!
"The Wise Warrior, When he moves, Is never confused; When he acts, Is never at a loss."
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=kaylinda]Vis Vires Toys[/url] | [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... xivisvires]My Brickshelf[/url]
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

I gotta post my Viking ships! I like your's though very much. The high prows are very nice.

**Obligatory nit-pick**

Crossbows came after the time the last Longships plied the high seas.

**End Obligatory nit-pick**

Had this been an actuall pick, you would have been directed to go to the appropriate site or book. This has been a test of the Obligatory nit-pick system.
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
Magnus
Artisan

very cool!

Post by Magnus »

I love the cart! Very simple but effective design!

The Viking ship is great too, but you might want to turn the guys around so they ship can move forwards ;)
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

Vikings. Love it. This would make a great official line for Lego to revive Castle, after the Power Ranger's embaressment. I like the cloth sail. Only thing missing are the horned helmets, which aren't really an option if you are going with unaltered lego.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Teup
Freeman

Post by Teup »

That's great, I've got a competitor :lol:

Did you know the sails actually weren't really vertically striped but chequered? But IMO that kind of historical correctness is beyond the necessity of a Lego MOC :)

I really like the SNIR'ed bars on the cart, good job, hope to see more Viking mocs :!: :D
Whatever you do, don't.
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

I love the Longboat...and that is not an understatement...but the cart is well...a cart...cart designs never really interested me...
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

Hey, cool.
Keep up the good work.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
Webrain
Journeyman

Post by Webrain »

Hi all,

Thanks for your great replies, I glad you enjoyed them and you can go had and do them :D
I won't give instructions though (at least not at this stage).

The Blue Knight Wrote:
Crossbows came after the time the last Longships plied the high seas.
Ok, thanks for the info, always love to learn new stuff :lol:

Magnus Wrote:
The Viking ship is great too, but you might want to turn the guys around so they ship can move forwards
hehe, I know but for "picture only case" I think it looks better like this

Athos Wrote:
Vikings. Love it. This would make a great official line for Lego to revive Castle, after the Power Ranger's embaressment. I like the cloth sail. Only thing missing are the horned helmets, which aren't really an option if you are going with unaltered lego.
Actually the entire idea was to create some Vikings models (like 5-7) in sets scale that LEGO can easily copy. Hopefully I'll make some more later on. Since I don't do custom stuff I won't glue horns though.

Teup Wrote:
That's great, I've got a competitor
hehe, actually I really saw your MOCs only after I made mines and thats really the reason I didn't published mine for a little while. I love the work you did on Vikings too, but I'm building more in a set size so those stuff can be actually sets (if and when...)
Did you know the sails actually weren't really vertically striped but chequered? But IMO that kind of historical correctness is beyond the necessity of a Lego MOC
I really didn't know that, but my Vikings are classic, we stick to what is tradition to think :lol:
I really like the SNIR'ed bars on the cart, good job, hope to see more Viking mocs
Yes, I really want to continue the viking idea but it will take a while...

Thanks again
Duke_Dave
Reeve

Post by Duke_Dave »

Your ship is awesome Man! It's just Sweet!

Dave
jwcbigdog
Apprentice

Post by jwcbigdog »

The cart is nice but I love the ship. It definately has the feel of one of the official sets. I hope your plan to inspire the new line works out.
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

As a set scale MOC, Viking ship is almost perfect. I am not a boat builder, the elegance of the lines escapes me, but your boat is very reminicent of some of the boat sets we used to get back in the good old days. I could easily have seen this released back in the mid-late 80's. As a Viking ship, it works very well to convey the design and shape of those ships. If it had been made by TLC, they probably would have littered it with multi-colored bricks, but that is TLC for you. One little tiny nitpick: I don't like the use of the KKI torso though, it seems too regal to be part of a Viking MOC.

I don't know if the cart says Viking to me, but it is a very nice cart. :D

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.