Elf Weapons

Discussion of Castle Themed stories

What weapon would you supply an elf with?

Sword
19%
Bow and Arrow
69%
Spear/Pike
8%
Staff/Stave
No votes
Axe
No votes
Other
4%

Total votes: 26

DarkMage
Villein

Elf Weapons

Post by DarkMage »

Just curious, what do most CC users give their elves as a general weapon? Personally, I prefer to use the long ninja swords. But I wanted to know what the majority of other people use, so I decided to create this poll. I had to split the voting options into the main weapon categories because of the numerous amount of different weapons for each category (eg, swords could include those large chrome swords or cutlass). Vote or send a post explaining what type of weapon you would give an average elf and why. Would this weapon be different for elves of higher authority?
All good things must end...except Lego
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

Hmm, I'd have to say bow and arrow.

Maybe it's just LOTR-desease or somthing but I think that elfs should be skilled archers who live in the woods.

joel.
I'm back, and so is Castle!
J1A3L5
Steward

Post by J1A3L5 »

Not that I've made any elves, but if I did, they would get a bow and quiver.

I'd also have some elves with knifes, and quite likely some with katana's. Probably teal katana's.
DarkMage
Villein

Post by DarkMage »

I forgot to put knives in as an option! :oops: If you want to submit knives as the average weapon for elves, place it under "Other" and send a post saying why.
Duke_Dave
Reeve

Post by Duke_Dave »

I don't make a lot of elves but my faction of Sava's elves(by the way I've strarted to resticker them,for you who saw my ones preveistly posted in 'Customs') I use Crome Great Swords.

Dave
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

This is a very tough question. I mean, do I go with bow or sword? Bow or sword? The bow may be most popularly associated with elves in the public consciousness, but in my mind, swords are at least as common, with both Tolkien elves, and elves of my own epic.

So I flipped, and went with the bow.
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

I have a limited collection....
I had to choose between forest men and elves.
I choose forest men I equip them with bows and spears. ( same with elves)
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

I would just give elves the same weapons I always use...which means any weapon I want...
Green Fox
Bailiff

Post by Green Fox »

Spears and pikes always seemed "right" to me. Swords seem more cumbersome, and not like Elven weapons.
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

I haver bows of course. Some of them may use knives and straight swords since I'm a Tolkien lover elves could never have curved ninja swords. Never, never, never.
Space rocks.
DarkMage
Villein

Post by DarkMage »

I like the ninja swords because I think they have an elven look in their design, and they're different from the rest of my swords. Plus, I've got about 15 of them, so they would come in handy if I were equipping an army or something...
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

You forgot one option, anything. I give my elves different weapons, depending on where there from and what there doing.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Robin Hood wrote:You forgot one option, anything. I give my elves different weapons, depending on where there from and what there doing.
Same here too, but I voted "Bows and arrows" because I stick to the cliche of elven archers. Also, the only elven fig I've made is Gonderin, of CCRP and LEAGUE OF FORESTMEN fame, who, you guessed it, wields a bow.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
DarkMage
Villein

Post by DarkMage »

I know that most CC users would probably give their elves an assortment of weapons, but I set up this poll to find out the general weapon would be for an average elf. If I had said 'anything', how would I know?