Classic-Castle Roleplay: October

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Formendacil wrote:"What are you doing here?" asked Radjar as Sir Dractor came up behind him. "From what I last saw, you shouldn't be able to stand upright."

"Appearances are deceiving," said Sir Dractor simply. "I am not in prime condition, but I can fight. And there is a battle that needs my assistance."

"You have that right," said Radjar quietly. "I wonder where Graygon has vanished to."
J-10

The battle was bloody, very bloody. The Allies had been caught unawares, and it would cost them. The Forestmen, Wolfpack, Bulls and Dark Forest were in no condition to fight, but they did, and they were cut down in droves until the kettle-helmeted Western Knight's Kingdomers and the multi-colored Eastern Knight's Kingdomers had organized themselves in a meager line to defend the camps. As the line advanced and the Forestdwellers pulled back to take a breath, Sir Dractor stumbled into Shainya, who grasped him firmly and rebuked, "You are in NO condition to fight at all!"

Sir Dractor grimaced and sank to the ground. "Oof, tyco catapult..."

Shainya glared at him as a mother would at a child who's bedtime had been ten minutes ago. She bent to retie a loose bandage, her face screwed up in worry. Sir Dractor was about to say something non-comittal when his eye widened in horror.

"SHIANYA!" he screamed. She whipped about, automactically scrabbling for Sir Dractor's fallen sword. She brought the blade up awkwardly but quickly, and managed to block the Dragon Master halberd. The force of the blow sent her downward onto Sir Dractor, who groaned as her weight pressed upon his cracked ribs. The Dragon Master heaved upward and aimed the halberd for another blow, but Shianya rolled out of the way and shoved the large sword into the armpit of the Dragon Master with all her might. The sword cut into bone and stuct, causing the Dragon Master to houl in pain. He drew his short sword and swung it at Sir Dractor, but Shainya had flung herself on the Dragon Master, trying to throw him off balence.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Grid: J-10
Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:Shianya rolled out of the way and shoved the large sword into the armpit of the Dragon Master with all her might. The sword cut into bone and stuct, causing the Dragon Master to houl in pain. He drew his short sword and swung it at Sir Dractor, but Shainya had flung herself on the Dragon Master, trying to throw him off balence.
The Dragon Master moved off course thanks to Shainya's attack, and Sir Dractor managed to grab his spear off the ground. Javelin-like, he threw it directly at the Dragon Master. It soared right past Shainya, and into the Dragon Master's side. He collapsed in agony, and without a further glance in his direction, Shainya led Sir Dractor away.

"You're the worst man I know for pushing yourself too hard!" she scolded. "And that includes Reno Regga! You should be in bed! Unable to stand!"

"That was a good bit of swordplay," said Sir Dractor, without considering her words too much. "And as it happens, I AM able to stand. And there is a battle that needs every able hand."

"Your oath to Bjarn is fulfilled," said Shainya. "Aezazel is no more. You can take a REST!!!" Sir Dractor shook his head, and shrugged her off.

"Even if I cannot fight in direct combat, as seems to be the case," he looked ruefully at the Dragon Master he had been unable to fight alone, "I cannot sit, or as you would have it: lay, idle while the camp is in such danger."

"Then what will you do?" asked Shainya, rather irritably.

"Find myself a bow," he said. Shainya gave a long-suffering sigh. Archery was less strenuous than swordplay certainly, but far more than he ought to be doing. Still, there seemed to be no arguing with him. She thought it wise though, to see him to the armoury tent, and make sure he didn't collapse or get attacked.

No such fortunate occurrence happened on their way to the tent, and when Sir Dractor emerged with a couple quivers and longbow slightly too small for him, he set off back towards the battle, heading for the south end of the lines, where the Forestmen archers were harrying the enemy lines under the command of Fraun.

Shainya was still with him. After all, there were wounded men enough to take care of in the archery division, if not quite as many as elsewhere. As they approached the camp, they heard the sound of trumpets.

Shainya and Sir Dractor turned to the south. A cloud of dust was rising as a small army was coming in their direction.

There were about five hundred horsemen, two hundred elite Dragon Masters bearing black-dragon shields, and five dragons flying overhead.

"Oh no!" said Shainya. "More of our enemies. Those are classic knights and Dragon Masters. Pink-less Dragon Masters."

"Nay!" said Sir Dractor with a sudden smile. "Those be Club Knights, of Talistrand, and those Dragon Masters be our allies. This is doubly good news. The Black Falcons have been turned back, and Bernard Quorandis has sent men to our aid."

Soon, both sides of the battle noticed the approaching company. Willem, in command of the southern flank, took Sir Dractor's advice, and opened a pathway through his ranks. The Club Knights charged through into their renegade countrymen, with the dragons flying overhead.

And to Shainya's credit, Sir Dractor collapsed not too long after, having fired nary a shot into the enemy ranks.
Jack Craft
Freeman

Post by Jack Craft »

Grid J-10

Jack slumped in a corner of the makeshift healer's tent, his head on his knees. He had been there for over an hour now, since Shainya had begun to order the various chuirgeons and herbalists about on her own. Jack quickly decided that it was probably better that way, anyhow, since most of them knew far more about their profession than he did.

He had done what he could. Maybe he had saved a few lives.

"Wars don't change, Jack-me-lad. Still the same millstone of the young."

He wondered if he was the only one who had noticed that the field of battle had been a field of rye, not so very long ago. No doubt it was part of the Palace orchards, and had been planted to feed the villains under the castle's protection.

"No rye left. Trampled and crushed by the march of armies. Aye, but there's probably precious few yeomen left to eat it, too."

The bodies that fell there today would feed tomorrow's crop. The earth would heal, and forget. Jack wondered if he could manage the same.

He glanced around the relative quiet of the camp, at least when compared to the horrors of the past few hours. The healers had everything under control for the time being, and the warriors believed the area was secure. Jack let his gaze drift over to the corner where Bjarn lay, still unconscious, and felt his stomach clench. He staggered to his feet, numb from his cramped position, and stumbled out of the tent.

He had a sudden urge to get as drunk as he could. He wondered if there was any rye whisky around the camp.
Truffula Trees are what everyone needs.
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Formendacil wrote: Soon, both sides of the battle noticed the approaching company. Willem, in command of the southern flank, took Sir Dractor's advice, and opened a pathway through his ranks. The Club Knights charged through into their renegade countrymen, with the dragons flying overhead.

Grid: J-10

When the Club Kngihts crashed into the Cross Knights the Allied army ahd been given knew vigor and had charged behind the Club Calvary slicing any enemy in their way. The Cross Kngiths and Dragon Masters surprised by the latest attendee to the fray had been couaght completely off guard. Their false hope in Falconis had been crushed and they were now in a complete panic.

Fraun had ordered his men to fire at will, and they were. They were no in no fear of getting attacked by the Cross or Dragon Knights and they were slaughtering every Dragon Master or Cross Knight that forgot of the Foresmen archers.

Frayla was among the archers but kept giving a glance over at that strong and fit form of her Captain.

What was she thinking? That had been a long time ago. But...maybe...he still loved her. No. There was no way. Just becuase they had had crushes on eatchother when they were 13 doesn't mean that he still remembered her. It had been nearly 10 years ago. She just had to let go.. She had to...

Fraun had noticed Frayla looking at him.
How long had it been since they had kissed under that hemlock. It must have been about 10 years. What was he doing? There was a battle at hand and all he could do was day dream of a love story that wasn't ment to be.

He noticed a deployment of elite Cross Knights, armed to the teeth with knives and stealth weapons making their way to the Foresment Archers. "Well." He mumbled "There will be a surprise for them when they get here." He ordered:
"Men draw blades. Pikemen in the front. Charge that battalion of elite Cross Knights on my order." He pulled his right hand man Vingire (After Berlock's deeath. Fraun had put Vingire second in command.) over to him and said. " See that small hill there Vingire?"

"Yes sir..." Said the confused man.

" Move your archers behind that hil and wait for my signal. And make it fast.'

"Yes Sir!"

With that Vingire moved his archeres to complete Fraun's trap.

" Pikemen...ready weapons...CHARGE! FOR BJARN, FOR DAMETREOS, FOR THE ELK!" [/i]
Last edited by forester3291 on Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Space rocks.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

forester3291 wrote:With that Vingire moved his archeres to complete Fraun's trap.

" Pikemen...ready weapons...CHARGE! FOR BJARN, FOR DAMETREOS, FOR THE ELK!" [/i]
J-10
The Rye Battlefield

The Forestmen charge, yelling like people possessed. The Wolfpack and Dark Forest also charged, and together with the Classic LEGOlanders and Knight's Kingdomers the last resistance was crushed. The battle had been long and bloody, like many battles, but victory was at last achieved. The Dragon Masters and Cross Knights loyal to BloodVaine were given no mercy, for they gave no ground, not even when defeat was clear. They died vainly, still believing in the necromancer who had terrorized Dametreos for months.

As the last soldier fell, a trumpet sounded and everyone turned. A band of pink-clad soldiers, bearing the Black Falcon flag, were marching down the hill. Their numbers were no more than six hundred, but the sight of their odd colors brought a cheer to the weary Allies' lips. It was guaranteed the color pink would go down in history as the uniting color of Dametreos.

Barbod laughed, and then gasped painfully as a wound in his side opened up. He stumbled forward, searching the ranks for his friend.

"I say, lad!" he shouted at the leading Falcon, "Where be the Lone Falcon?"

The Black Falcon dismounted and bowed. "Lord Barbod, the Lone Falcon is elsewhere, aiding other rebel Falcons in the overthrow of Falconis XXVIII. I am Bersun, and I am the leader of this army. Alas, I see we are too late to aid you in battle."

Barbod grasped Bersun's hand warmed, then sheepishly removed his hands when he realize he had smeared the Falcon's hand with blood and dirt. "Megabloks, it's tyco good you're here anyway! We're all worn to the bone, we'd be much obliged if ye would patrol about and protect our borders, so to speak."

Bersun bowed again. "As you wish, Lord Barbod. Mills!"

Another Black Falcon stepped forward. "Yessir?"

"Select your fastest rider and send word to Xoneyur to load as much food, medical supplies and clothing into the wagons and bring them here as soon as possible. After that, take a party of two hundred and surround the Allied camp. I'll take the rest of the troops and enter the Yellow Castle to flush out hunkered-down minions of BloodVaine and to locate survivors."

"Yessir, very god sir!"

Bersun turned back to Barbod and, disregarding the muck, shook hands with the Bull King firmly.

"Let me say, My Lord, it is an honor to shake the hand of the true king of the Bulls."

Barbod smiled weakly. "Bersun...I'm glad there's more bloody Falcons like you!"
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

J-10
South of Orion

Bernard Quorandis' army had re-established its orderand was now as fit as it was going to get. The wounded has begun recovery, save for those few who had perished.

The Falcons had by now been consigned either to imprisonment, or into the ranks of Randolph's renegade army.

And Sir Victor de Graff had sent back riders to Quorandis informing him that there was still battle outside Orion, although it seemed that BloodVaine was dead. He was preparing to enter battle.

Quorandis then set about taking down camp, and getting ready to move onwards. Falconis was no longer a threat to the south, and he intended to leave the wounded where they were, with only a small guard. The rest of his men would march on Orion.

But no sooner had the army set out, than more riders came from de Graff, saying that the battle had been won, and the last holdouts were even then being flushed out. Quorandis slowed the army to include the wounded, and once they were all ready, they set off again.

But they were not going to battle, but to a peaceful gathering. And they were now going to recover their city.

"But remember to thank and congratulate our allies," said Quorandis. "We owe them as much as they owe us. If not more."
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

Randolph awoke. His leg was sore - he could hardly feel it. Trying to get up, a searing pain shot down his arm. His body seemed to cry out in pain. The strenuous activities of the past two weeks were taking their toll. He felt truly exhausted. The memories of his accomplishments started coming back in bits and pieces.

Moving his head from one side to another, he saw that he was in one of the wine cellars that dotted the site of the battle. Around him in the dim light were several wounded Black Falcons.

A door in the opposite side of the room opened and a Legoland soldier walked in carrying a large water skin. He made his way around the room, stopping by those that were awake and giving them a drink. Soon he was by Randolph’s side.

“Would you have some water?”
Randolph replied. “Yes, I would. What of the battle? What happened?”
Taking of the cork, the soldier casually replied “You lost”
Randolph’s brow tightened “What? What happened?”
“Your side completely lost. Most men surrendered or fled.”
Randolph’s countenance lightened. “I believe you are mistaken. I was the one who commanded the rebels in the charge. My name is Randolph.”
The soldier’s face showed that of mild astonishment “You are Randolph? It was feared that you were dead. Lord Quorandis was worried – I am part of his guard you see.”
“Where is he?”
“He and the bulk of the army left early this morning – apparently Bloodvaine is dead and his armies scattered or dead.”
“What happened to Falconis and his men?”
“They escaped during the night – at this moment scouts are seeking them out.”

Randolph took another sip and gave the skin back with his good arm. The soldier walked off, administering care to the other men.
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

Walf! What was he doing in the battle. Jos stared in shock as he watched the boy fend off a tall, sword wielding, Arian. But Jos couldn't look much longer because, as a sharp pain in his side reminded him, he was in the middle of his own battle. Hoof beets thundered past him as the knight who had slashed him galloped around for another pass. Jos clutched his side where the knight had cut him. It was deep. Blood was pouring out. Angered, Jos threw his sword at the charging knight. It made contact full in the face, killing the man instantly.

Jos sank to the ground, feeling sick. "One more down." He thought. "That means only ten left. Easy." But there was a problem. The last ten weren't going to attack one at a time. One was fighting Walf and the other nine were headed straight for Alex and Logon. Hoof beats thundered in Jos's head as he toppled onto his back. The sun blackened. The hoof beets faded. Jos passed out.
Jos didn't know how long he'd been out, but when he came to, the first thing he heard was Walf.

"Hey guys, I think he's coming around."

Jos opened his eyes. It was blurry for a second and then, everything snapped into focus. Everything, including the sharp pain in his side. "Aarrggghhh!" Jos yelped in pain as he groped vainly for the spear that he thought must surely be skewered in his side.

"Easy now, Jos." Alex was at his side. "Just you lay still now alright."

Jos nodded, gritting his teeth as the pain eventually became bearable. "So, what did I miss?"

Walf smiled. "Not much. But it is great to see you awake. We didn't know if you'd make it there for a while. The last few days it's been-"

"Days?" Jos questioned.

"Yep. If it wasn't for Da- Hmm Maybe I should start from the beginning. Back when we were still fighting for our lives."
Daimyo wrote:"Lord Bjarn, there has been a Cross Knight army, predominantly mounted knights, advancing to the south under Duke Lucius Van DeMorte. We believe they are en-route to our postion at this moment, lord."
BloodVaine wrote:Ready my airship, bring forth Bahamut, call forth the red cross knights.
CLANG Walf dropped to the ground, clutching his wrist. The tall Aryan certainly had a strong arm with the sword. Walf's wrist hadn't been hit, but it smarted from the vibrations of the last blow. The same blow that had knocked the cutlass from his hand. Walf was defenseless now. He knew that the knight would finnish him off before he could even move.

But Walf was wrong. For at the same moment that the blow would have been delivered, something happened. A tongue of black flame suddenly appeared between Walf the knight. This was no ordinary teleharm. The Aryan knelt on one knee. "What is your will, my lord?"

A voice spoke from the fire. "Greetings, Lucius. You and your men have been called to the aid of Orion. Report to the Yellow Castle at once." In a black flash, the flame vanished and Lucius, now turning around, saw that his opponent had vanished as well. Walf had already snuck away.

"Soldiers!" The commander shouted. "Leave these country rabble and follow me. Our lord has need of us. We will converge with the other divisions and head north."
~
"So they just left you?" Jos interrupted. "What about Alex and Urgun? And Logon. I don't see him here."

"Relax Jos." Alex said, returning to with fresh bandages. "Logon is out scouting and hopefully finding some food as well. Now let's see. What happened on our end of the stick after you were hit? Oh yes..."
~
The remaining knights charged for Alex and Logon. It was nine against three if you counted the wolf. "Get up behind me, Alex!" Logon shouted. "If we can't beat them then we'll run."

Alex did as he was told, jumping up on the horse and launching his spear at the nearest knight. It missed. Luck had turned against them. But Logon was resolved not to give up until it was their last choice. They fought a losing battle, however and when Logon saw that they were making little progress, he wheeled his horse and broke away from the knights. Urgun was there too, helping them get away, but just as they were about to escape two things happened.

First they realized that they had lost someone. "Where's Jos?" Alex shouted.
Second they realized that they weren't being pursued. The remaining knights were leaving. Following their commander out the other side of the town.

It didn't take them long to find their fallen comrade. "What do we do?" Alex cried, franticly.

"How do I know?" Logon snapped back. Jos had lost a lot of blood. The two men weren't even sure if he was alive.

Then, Walf was there. "Oh no. Is he... dead?"

Alex shook his head. "I don't think so, but... He might be soon. I'm not really trained in healing. Logon's burns were one thing but this... I think it will require stitching and... Oh, I don't know what to do."

"Let me take a look at him." A voice that no one recognized was speaking. "I can help." Turning around, the three companions stared at the new speaker. It was-
~
"Aargghh!" Jos yelled in pain as Alex pulled back the old bandages. "Easy now. Easy. If we change these now then we won't have to do it again, for a long while."

"Yessir Doc." Jos said with his teeth on edge. In another minute Alex was finished. "Now, where was I?"

"I think you were about to tell me who it was that patched me up."

"Oh yeah, well I suppose you could actually meet him if you like. Although I don't know if it would be wise, considering your current state. Why, he even gave me a start when I first met him."

"Well I think I should thank him if he saved my life, like you say he did."

"All right, but you'd better brace yourself." Alex shouted something to his left and then turned to face Jos. "Here he is Jos." And Jos stared with wide eyes and an open mouth at the ethereal form in front of him. "This my friend, is Dale."
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Grid: I-11

Peter drove his horse fast. After the fiasco with that escaped Black Falcon, he and his company had arrived at Rathoan just as the last line of Black Falcons crumpled and fell. The next day was spent regrouping the army to give chase to the Black Falcons.
A delay ensued at the Falpine river though, for the retreating army had burnt all the bridges.

Now they were passing through Dragon Master territory. Peter had gone out with some scouts, and they had found the Falcon camp. Now was the chance to carry out revenge for the massive casualties the Black knights had suffered.

Little did Peter know that the larger part of his quarry had already left only a few hours before.

KP 2011!
Jack Craft
Freeman

Post by Jack Craft »

Jack Craft wrote:He had a sudden urge to get as drunk as he could. He wondered if there was any rye whisky around the camp.
Grid J-10

When Shainya found Jack, he was sitting cross-legged in the weeds behind the supply carts, too drunk to stand steadily and not quite drunk enough to pass out. He was apparently engrossed in moving tiny armies of pebbles back and forth in formation, and occasionally grinding one or more of them into the dirt when it became necessary. Complete with sound effects.

"Aye... you've had it now... slash and off comes your head... now comes our reinforcements... thwak, thwak archers! Fall back to the west! Aye! And two more dead!"

He looked up as Shainya's shadow fell across him, and tried to scowl, take a swallow from a clay bottle, and push two of the pebbles into the dirt at the same time. He succeeded at only two of the three.

"Unless you're here to act as an attacking dragon, yer Ladyship, I'd just as soon keep this war private."

"Tyco, so this is where you've gone. What's gotten into you?"

Jack shook the bottle next to his ear, and tried to peer down its neck.

"About two pints, I think. Aye, maybe three."

He grinned hollowly and seemed about to offer Shainya a drink, then thought better of it and took a long swallow himself.

"So you snuck off to get drunk? Is this because of what I said to you when they brought Bjarn in?"

"Aye, and no, and aye again," he nodded sagely, reaching for a squad of pebbles as he did so. Shainya put her foot into the dirt between his hand and the mock battle, and he drew back slowly, bewildered. "Well, what do I play that as? A rockslide, maybe? Aye, crunch, we've been cut off from the main..." Shainya snatched the mostly empty bottle from his slack fingers and hurled it into the bracken, where it landed with a soft noise.

"Stop it! Why are you doing this!?"

"Isn't that the whole warp and weft of it, your Ladyship?" Jack tried to lean back nonchalantly on his elbows, and nearly went sprawling. "The generals move the pebbles back and forth on the board? Jack just wanted a bit of the fun for himself?"

He rubbed at the bloodstains on his sleeves and front, brown now after many hours. Bjarn's blood, Shainya thought, her eyes widening a bit.

"Bjarn's," Jack mumbled, seeming to echo her thoughts, "and the Fox's, and that young scout's, and.. and... I don't even know most of them."

She knelt down next to him, her tone softening.

"Yes, and some of them survived because of you and your group."

Jack shook his head.

"Not enough. Never enough. There's a haystack of bodies on the edge of the woods."

"So you couldn't help all of them, and you snuck off to feel sorry for yourself. Well, you're coming back to the healer's camp with me. Whether you can walk or not."

"Aye, and why would I be doing that, then?" Jack thrust his chin out like a stubborn child.

"Because Bjarn's been asking for you. Bjarn's awake."
Truffula Trees are what everyone needs.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Jack Craft wrote:"Because Bjarn's been asking for you. Bjarn's awake."
J-10

I'm dead...I'm dead, I'm dead, I'm dead, I'm dead...I'm dead.

I have to be dead. There is no other explanation. I'm dead. Tyco, it must be boring to be dead. Just sit here, doing nothing. Infinate whiteness is rather dull...you'd think they'd have some interior decorating...

Tyco...I'm going be like this forever...being dead's going to be worse than I thought...maybe Dale could teach me how to come back as a ghost...then I could haunt Green Fox...

Being dead is such a drag...I wish I could have kept a few more years...

"Bjarn?"

I didn't know I could talk to someone else...

"B-Bjarn..?"

"Hush...he's asleep...resting...come on J'anrya..[/i]

Pain suddenly smashed back into Bjarn, he cried out, and awoke. The eyes of the Elk Man fluttered open, to stare into the soft brown eyes of...

"J'anrya...you..."

"Bjarn!"

"Steady, J'anrya...he's ill...ahh..."

Bjarn twisted his head - a painful movement - to stare at Green Fox, who scratched his nose, embarrissed.

"Fox...how..?"

"Pulled a few strings...er...mate...Bjarn...sir..."

Bjarn attempted a smile, but failed.

"Don't talk.." pleaded J'anrya, "Shainya's getting Jack now..."

I'm not dead. Bjarn realised. Now he wished he was.

Megabloks, I could deal with the boredom...but this pain...

"How bad?" Bjarn choked outloud.

"'Lo...Bjarn" Jack entered, followed by Shainya. Even Bjarn, in his pathetic condition, could tell Jack was drunk.

"Jacky, ye as drunk as...well...I usually am!" exclaimed Green Fox.

Shainya approached Bjarn. "You're fine, Bjarn...you'll be well soon."

Bjarn's eye hardened. "Tell me exactly what is broken, now. If I am to heal, I need to know so I can tell my bones what to do."

Shainya looked shocked, remembering Bourne's words.

"Bourne-"

"Has a knack of being able to talk to people." Bjarn concluded, "Even those who...incapacitated."

Shainya took a deep breath and then said, "You have four cracked ribs, one broken, a cracked left shoulder, two broken legs and...a mauled hand."

Bjarn lifted to look at his right hand, then fell back, sweating.

"Best-Lock..." his whispered, "I miss my tyco ear..."

He slipped into sleep.
the_great_one
Artisan

Post by the_great_one »

J10

Reno slipped into Bjarns tent under the cover of darkness, and sat beside Bjarn, his good friend, and leader.
No one was around and Bjarn was sleeping quietly.
"Reno Regga" Bjarn muttered, and Reno jumped in shock
"You should know not to scare me." Bjarn said sternly
he then began to laugh, reno joined in
"Bjarn, how are you? Will you be ok?" Reno asked Bjarn
"yes... I will be fine." Bjarn said, he was still in some pain though.
"He will be if he gets his sleep!" Shainyas voice whispered
Reno looked around. It was the first time reno had seen Shainya since the end of the battles
Reno smiled, as did shainya.
"You did great Shainya, you saved alot of lives today" Reno told Shainya
She smiled.
[url=http://www.google.com]Your Greatest Friend[/url]
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

the_great_one wrote:Reno smiled, as did shainya.
"You did great Shainya, you saved alot of lives today" Reno told Shainya
She smiled.
Reno turned to leave, but Shainya said softly, "Reno...wait..."

He turned back to here, the color rising in his cheeks. Shainya, with infinate slowness, removed the Pendant she had worn and looped the chain around Reno's neck. In the close proximity, their noses almost touched.

"Reno...thank Chodan...you're alright..."

Reno said nothing, but drew her close to him. They kissed.

In the guise of sleep, Bjarn smiled.

------------------------------------

Aros squinted at the shadow of the two embraced figrues in Bjarn's tent, then snorted with glee.

"Reno's never gonna hear the end of it! He could have at least picked a secluded spot to make out with Shainya. Half the camp is gonna catch sight of this spectacle!"

Barbod chortled, then grasped his side in pain. "Lucky tyco!"

Bourne allowed himself a smile. "Even through bloodshed and war, love still presides over all."

Willem stared down at the broken remains of Orion's gate, and further on, the bleak Yellow Castle.

"It will take more than love to repair the rift created by BloodVaine. Winter is nearly upon us, yet there are no crops to reap, no buildings to shelter in, no blankets to keep us warm. Last year was the warmest winter ever recorded in Dametreos, with barely any snow. I fear Mother Nature is going to make it up to us this year."

Graygon sniffed the wind. "Aye, I fear your are correct, Lord Willem. The prelude of Fall was short. That be snow I smell on the wind."

Radjar swore. "We can't waste any time then...we will freeze to death if we remain at the Yellow Castle in tents..we should return to Fell Isle. Trees there survived the Wildfire, we would have fuel aplenty."

"I agree, M'Lord, that some of us, like Lord Bjarn so that he may recover, should return home." countered Gerald Vos, "but we would be abandoning the other factions, Royals, Classics, Crusaders, Black Knights, to the mercy of the winter."

"We can't help all." commented Trevelayn quietly.

"No, but we can do our best-lockest to save as many as we can!" retorted Rosa.

"Let not us discuss this now." intervened Sir Dractor, playing the peacemaker, "I see Bersun and his army of Black Falcons have returned from their scouting of the Yellow Castle."
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Grid: G-7

Note: I deleted my last post where the Lone Falcon and Vanderious had entered the Marquis' bedroom because I got stuck for ideas, so now we're back to where the Lone Falcon has gone to meet Vanderdios, before they enter the Falcon Spire

As the red sun dipped into the horizon, a single red cart drawn by a black horse approached the firm gates of the Falcon Spire. The cart looked like so many other carts that traversed Falconis City, with it's brown spoke wheels and limited cargo wrapped in coarse burlap. The person driving the cart was not a Black Falcon soldier, instead, it was a woman dressed in alluring folds of cloth, perfume reeking from her. As the cart approached, two guards stepped forward, brandishing their pikes.

"Ho there, missy! What business do you have 'ere?" asked the stouter of the guards.

The women blinked her heavily made-up eyes. "Why...the Marquis requires my servises, good sirs."

The guards looked at one another knowlegably. Just another on of Durlass' prostitutes.

"What's with the cart?" snapped the shorter and keener guard.

"My supplies...herbs..fruit...and other pleasures the Marquis requires." replied the woman smoothly.

The purfume wafting over the two guards was beinging to get nausiating.

"Right then, go on in..." coughed a guard, signalling to others in the gatehouse.

The portcullus lifted slowly and the cart passed through, leaving a trail of gaudy scent. Once out of sight, the burlap cover was thrown back and a figure emmerged, fighting the urge to gag.

"Holy intellebrix, Vander, that stuff is plain tyco awful!"

The woman scowled. "I don't mind it much, but that's cause I stuffed my nostrils with garlic beforehand."

The Lone Falcon muttered something under his breath and pulled out a key. "Come on now, let's go."

He consulted a map provided by Lord Drakko and gestured. "This way."

The Lone Falcon, posing as a common guard escourting the prositute to the Marquis' chambers led the way through the weaving corridors. Left, right, right, right, up two flights of stairs, left, right, left, wrong turn, backtrack, right up another flight, left, right, right again.

"There." sighed the Lone Falcon, "That's the room."

He slunk off into the shadows as the made-up Vanderdious knocked twice and entered. After few breathless moments, Vanderious reappeared.

"He's not there!" he said, his powered face white. He's gone, looks like he packed up and skived off!"

"Megabloks...go back down to the cart and wait there...I'll poke about some."

Vanderdious nodded and left. The Lone Falcon studied the map again and made his way to the barracks. Among the confusion of drinking and gambling, he was not noticed. The Lone Falcon deposited himself in a corner and listened. He got what he wanted.

"Awe, shuddup, it's true!"

"The King dead, I don't believe yer!"

"I was there when the Marquis was informed, I tell 'e! Falconis kicked the bucket less than a day ago on the battle field, seems the shifty-brick Black Knights and Classics were too much!"

"And the Marquis' escourting the Prince to the battlefield now, ye say?"

"Aye, that tis! Tyco brat hasn't got the brains to go by himself, so he needs the Marquis to hold 'is hand an' lead 'im!"

"Careful now, you speak of treason now, that brat is now the king!"

Ten minutes later, the Lone Falcon was back under the burlap and riding away from the Falcon Spire, gagging on Vanderdious' perfume. He had not counted on this turn of events, and now the Rebels would have to rethink their plans. Fast.
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Grid: I-9

Most of the soldiers had been dismissed with their pay, leaving the camp with barely two thousand men. Martin was still worrying himself over the columns of figures on the sheet of paper before him.

The larger part of the army had been dismissed – it was harvest time and every man was needed to bring it in. The Falcons usually had a standing army of some 50,000 men – most of them stationed in the numerous fortresses that dotted the borders. That would have to be reduced to 30,000 – the upkeep of such a large force would be too much, and besides, little campaigning would be done in the cold winter months that lay ahead.

That was another thing he had to concern himself with. He had half of the Royal Knight land under his control. The nobility had to be isolated and killed, he thought to himself. Already some Falcons were positioned in the castles there, but a few cities to the south still remained independent – refusing to surrender. They were no real threat, but they stuck out like a sore thumb. He would deal with that next spring.

And then there was the allied army that had obtained victory over Bloodvaine. Martin was deeply worried about them. His reports were scattered and varied, but sooner or later they would try to make an advance. For now though all he could do was to wait.

The king had died the day before – his body was being transported with great honor to Falconis City. He was worried about that. The people would expect Falconis’ son to rise to the throne. That could not be allowed to happen. He would go into the city with his army. Such a thing would be risky, yes, for one of the most respected laws of the nation was that no army could be allowed within that district.

However, if he did things right, he could make himself popular with the people. Only then could he remove the prince and the Marquis. Yes that is how he must do it.

His thoughts were interrupted when a messanger came to his side
“Sir, the Marq… I mean, the prince requires your presence.”
“Tell them I am coming immediately”
Putting on a black cloak with blue edging, the general stood for a moment, thinking. He would bide his time for now, and pretend to serve the new king, or rather the Marquis. To move fast now would be rash.

KP 2011!