There's something I've found on the internet...

Discussion of Castle Themed stories
Sir Drake
Archer

There's something I've found on the internet...

Post by Sir Drake »

Hey, fellow Knights and warriors

I was looking on the internet a while ago(like 2 min. :P ) and I found this
Mysterious green and blue clouds enshroud the obsidian turrets of Carnageion Castle. A foreboding fortress that seemed to appear within a new moon's phase, a disease-like fear spread across the kingdom with a similar speed as squads and legions of the black knight's armies conquered surrounding villages and halls.
King Archibald still lies upon a sickbed, reeling from these surprise attacks. Unaware and unsuspecting, the king has lost one quarter of his kingdom within the blink of an eye to the heavy gauntlet fist of his one-time ally, Victor Carnageion.
And now, at the very heart of the solemn shadow that he himself has cast, a brooding Victor continues to plot with sinister sorcerers and wizard dragon masters the complete and final conquest of Archibald's kingdom.
All of this occurs within the impregnable walls of the Black Knight's castle!
It has something to do with the review of the magnificant set #6086 (that can be found here:http://www.adequate.com/lego/reviews/Details/56.html) but it says something about king Archibald but who is he?? Can someone explain this to me? :D
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

I'll explain:

Each of these reviews begins with a story, invented by the reviewer, which is intended to give the reader an idea of the play-value of the set.

The names and story are not taken from official Lego.

Hope that helps.
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

Formendacil wrote:I'll explain:

Each of these reviews begins with a story, invented by the reviewer, which is intended to give the reader an idea of the play-value of the set.

The names and story are not taken from official Lego.

Hope that helps.
Yeah, thank you Formendacil. Thanks for giving me this info.(for a splitsec I thought Archibald is THE Black Monarch :? ) Or is he?
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

As Formendacil said, most of the names in the stories in adequate.com's reviews are made up by the reviewer. Some of the reviews have a recurring storyline, others don't, but most of them are not official LEGO names.
I always thought this was one of the coolest things about adequate.com... it's a shame it's no longer updated.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Sir Drake wrote:Yeah, thank you Formendacil. Thanks for giving me this info.(for a splitsec I thought Archibald is THE Black Monarch :? ) Or is he?
No problem.

And if you want THE Black Monarch to be named Archibald, that is something you can do. It's LEGO, make your own story! Borrow from someone else's! Uses the official one!

If you like it, do it.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Formendacil wrote:
Sir Drake wrote:Yeah, thank you Formendacil. Thanks for giving me this info.(for a splitsec I thought Archibald is THE Black Monarch :? ) Or is he?
No problem.

And if you want THE Black Monarch to be named Archibald, that is something you can do. It's LEGO, make your own story! Borrow from someone else's! Uses the official one!

If you like it, do it.
That's what I like about Lego. You can have things the way you want. BTW, I thought that was a pretty neat little story.
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

That sounds great. To bad its not a real story.
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

:roll: Listen, the only Black Monarch is the one you make up. There is no "official" Black Monarch who is the mysterious and all-powerful leader of the Black Knights.... only the one you make up. Don't let someone else tell you who the Black Monarch is. This person simply says the Black Monarch, in his imagination. :wink:
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"