LEGO and the Thanksgiving parade!!!!

Discussion and planning of large-scale Castle Themed displays and events
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

LEGO and the Thanksgiving parade!!!!

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Hey guys, if you had been watching the Thanksgiving Parade on NBC a few minutes ago you would have seen a float featuring out beloved plastic building toy!!!! :D :D :D

It had a "What will you make?" Designer feel, with supersized models from Ultimate Wheels and Wild Creatures. They weren't made of actual bricks, but hung from a center stand that rotated.

It was sooooo cool to see it! (but it didn't stay on the air long enough :cry: )

PS - there was no sign of Bionicle :wink:
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Who? What? When? Were? Why?

Aargh! Why can't we ever see these things (the fact that we have no TV has nothing to do with it).

I don't suppose anybody got pictures of it? I am having a hard time imagining what it looks like. My imaginer must be broke.

Its great to see Lego getting around.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

I saw the parade when I came came home from school but the two hosts were talking for 15min strait so I just left.
plums_deify
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by plums_deify »

I was rather excited. While I would have prefered a different singer, at least it was one that was popular so the LEGO float got lots of air time.

I was very suprised to see it. Go LEGO.
Chancellor Erik
Apprentice

Post by Chancellor Erik »

I saw this float too. Pretty neat that Lego can afford to do that, I mean with all the money they're pouring into Bionicle and KK2 :P .
Remember, when you reach for the stars, they're too far away and its hopeless. And even if you could, that would burn your hand clean off. - Wally, from Scott Adams' "Dilbert"