Chat with Jake - Transcript

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Chat with Jake - Transcript

Post by architect »

Our chat with Jake McKee, a LEGO Community Developement Manager, was a great success. The CC members had great questions. We the admins and members would like to thank Jake for spending time with us on his Saturday. :D

I have placed the transcript on a cc webpage. Enjoy:

http://www.classic-castle.com/events/chat01.html

Please leave your feedback on how the chat went. Should we do this again? If so, how often? Thanks to Jake can also be posted here :wink:

Ben E.
Events Admin
Last edited by architect on Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

I was there until the server crashed. I did not realize that is what happened, as we have a lot of trouble with our dial-up periodically. I turned off my computer and went to build for a while. So I didn't get to ask a question. It was good he took the time, and it must be quite a thing to have to be mindful of what you are "allowed" to say whilst appeasing the person's queries. Thanks to Jake. Could do it again whenever there is some stirring news in the castle world. I wonder if banner year for castle is KK2..... Thanks also to the admins :D
Troy T. Moore
Devari
Journeyman

Post by Devari »

Well... I had to leave anyway, and when the server crashed ( :( ) I tried for a few minutes and gave up.

So, a belated thanks to Jake and Intern!
sklar
Serf

Post by sklar »

Kind off funny how chat crashed when I asked my question, eh? *hides to avoid getting stuff thrown at me due to 'crashing' chat*
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

sklar wrote:Kind off funny how chat crashed when I asked my question, eh? *hides to avoid getting stuff thrown at me due to 'crashing' chat*
sheesh - gong farmers eh?

seriously this was fun - there were 27 people including Jake and things were just poppin. What a great time to be had by all.
Anyone and everyone is welcome to come back anytime... you can razz the admins if you want to risk getting booted.

(*ouch by the way*)

LF
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

Thanks for the transcription.
I wasn't there. I had computer problems. Anyway I hadn't good question to ask.

But many ask good questions and we got some useful informations.

Thanks Jake and Ben for this nice chat. :D
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

Oops!

I had been planning to attend the chat, but I rented this GC game called Skies of Arcadia and completely forgot about the chat.

I was surprised that he thought the new KK sets were awesome. If I had attended the chat, I would have asked some type of question regarding those sets.

Unfortunately, it would seem that we do not share a common opinion of set quality with the people who told us this will be a banner year.

Still, cool that he chatted with everybody. Hopefully he will do it again in 6 months or so.
Jennifer
Queen Jenn the Hottie

Jake Chat

Post by Jennifer »

Hi, I'm Jennifer. I have not posted here yet, but I think a few of you know me already. I do not know a lot about Castle Lego, but I hope you will forgive me, and welcome me anyway. :wink:

The chat with Jake was nice. Old Republic, if you read the transcripts, you can see that we had someone ask your question for you. Sorry you could not be there.
Anyone and everyone is welcome to come back anytime... you can razz the admins if you want to risk getting booted.

(*ouch by the way*)
Freak, You never get booted, do you? :D
So, are you saying I can come back? I appreciate that. And I was very proud of your wonderful behavior during the chat. You tried so hard, and it showed. No *boing*ing or anything! Good boy. Of course, I knew you could do it.
Dusty
Apprentice

Post by Dusty »

I was kinda bummed I missed the chat but I didnt really have any questions. I read the chat and it is nice to see Jake talk to use and for a matter of fact have TLC let him talk to us. We shouldnt razz him about the KK2. Yes the good guys have flaky armour, but there are other great pieces in those sets. At least that is what I believe.
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Hey, thanks for posting the transcript, Administrators! I had to miss it because my family had other plans. :( Did you notice what he called older Castle sets:
dull and realistic
? If the old sets are "dull", than I'd rather TLC make dull sets than exciting sets. Oh well...he isn't a Castle fan; he doesn't know what to look for in Castle sets. Not trying to bash him, of course. Thanks again, guys.

Mr. D
groovyd2001
Peasant

Post by groovyd2001 »

Thanks for posting the transcript, I wish I could have showed up for it but I was invited to some fancy dinner thing. Anyway thanks agian.
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less then half of you half as well as you should Deserve

[url=http://www.freewebs.com/paluria/index.htm][img]http://www.freewebs.com/paluria/images/button1.JPG[/img][/url]
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Re: Jake Chat

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Jennifer wrote:Hi, I'm Jennifer. I have not posted here yet, but I think a few of you know me already. I do not know a lot about Castle Lego, but I hope you will forgive me, and welcome me anyway. :wink:
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off topic but.....

FRIENDS. COMRADES. LEGO CASTLEHEADS. :shock:

We have been amiss. :D
Recently it has been pointed out to me that we never gave Jennifer a rousing good welcome.
PLEASE-Lets remedy this.

three huzzahs for someone trying something new!
huzzah huzzah huzzah!
Here you will learn more than you ever thought you wanted to know about castles! Why just check out the thread on Gong farmers! Lovely information to be sure!

Welcome aboard! Keep coming back!
Post often! Build well.. play on!

:D :lol:
Legofreak
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

Huzzah. Oh, yeah, that's right. Huzzah, huzzah, huzzah. No that's still not right. Huzzah, huzzah, huzzah!

Mr. D
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

Welcome Jennifer !
Have fun with Lego !!! :D
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

*YaY* =P

LR