A lego buying break.....

Discussion of general LEGO topics
mediamaster
Peasant

A lego buying break.....

Post by mediamaster »

Is it ok to take a break on buying legos if you are getting ready to spend 500 hundred dollars . I dont have a job and I dont get allowance so yea this is big. So do you recomend takin a break. please let me note that i am 15 and getting ready to start a personal epic.
Courage is going in knowing your licked, but seeing it through to the end.
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Sometimes there are far more important things than buying LEGO. I had to buy a new transmission for my car, and immediately after I had to start buying X-mas gifts... needless to say, I didn't buy any LEGO for a very long time. Take a break if you need to.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Re: A lego buying break.....

Post by JoshWedin »

mediamaster wrote:Is it ok to take a break on buying legos if you are getting ready to spend 500 hundred dollars . I dont have a job and I dont get allowance so yea this is big. So do you recomend takin a break. please let me note that i am 15 and getting ready to start a personal epic.
Yeah, take a break. Lego is a hobby, you shouldn't buy more if you need to spend money on more important things. :)

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

I'm 15 also and after buying a lot of lego, I think i'll take a brake till summer. Here is the list of stuff I brought in the past two months.

8 of the spring cleaning buckets (buy one get one free) each $8.50

11 4400 buckets each where 50% off at kroger for $7.50 (The total came up to 82.39)

I also bought 21 final dual II for $0.83 each

I bought one 7414 for $10.00

and one 7412 for $5.00

and a harry potter set for $15.00

The total comes to $162.45 so I saved myself $400 on lego.

From the buckets I added 109,000 to my collection

Hope this helps, and I suggest if you have akroger go check them out :)

LR
mediamaster
Peasant

Post by mediamaster »

The thing is I am buying ALOT of greay pieces and thats just for the walls. I am building something for a contest in August ... I think..... But yea I am buying some stuff from Troy's shop and other shops and I need this.

28 32 x 32 green baseplates
230 1 x 2 grey inverted slopes
230 1 x 6 x 5 gray bricks with the slytherin thing on them (Cause they
are cheaper then the castle walls and cheaper then the blanks)
138 1 x 8 gray bricks
92 1 x 3 gray bricks
230 1 x 4 gray bricks
92 1 x 2 x 5 grey bricks
92 1 x 2 gray technic bricks w/ one hole
148 6 x 16 gray plates

I did some research (this is assuming I have NONE of the peaces mentioned above) It would come out to a total of $$ 425 $$ for wall then I need more for towers and gate...........

And how do you find out about all the great deals on legos.... I cant ever find them...

crazy minnesotans

:(
Scnicker
Landlord

Post by Scnicker »

Wow, that's a lot to buy :)
I think you must take a break from buying if you need the money for you essential needs and social life.
mediamaster
Peasant

Post by mediamaster »

I am a HUGEMONGUS mooch when it comes to my social life and my parents still provide as long as I keep my grades up and as long as I get a job when I find one. So yea. All money I make working on certain occasions goes towards what ever I want. And when I turn 16 I am outa Minesota and to Chicago. Where I have a job and wont need a car. So yea it will be cheaper there then livin in the middle of nowhere.
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

I take breaks from buying when I don't have much money left. :lol:
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Duke_Dave
Reeve

Post by Duke_Dave »

JPinoy wrote:I take breaks from buying when I don't have much money left. :lol:
HAHAHA Me too. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Re: A lego buying break.....

Post by Athos »

mediamaster wrote:Is it ok to take a break on buying legos
No. I'm afraid that is entirely unacceptable. We'll have to come to your house, have some of the bigger guys pick you up by your ankles and shake all the money from your pockets. Then its off to the store to buy Lego for you.

But seriously. Its entirely up to you. I've been considering taking a break, but then a few years down the line, I'll be looking on ebay for the sets I'd missed buying now. So that's something to consider.
And how do you find out about all the great deals on legos.... I cant ever find them...
I have that problem too. It helps if you keep checking several lego sites and look at the buying forums. It also helps if you live in a larger metropolian area.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Umgarla
Laborer

Post by Umgarla »

Man, what do I do then? There's kinda no walmart nor sears in Denmark... Anyone who has some ideas on how to find good lego deals? :?
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Umgarla wrote:Man, what do I do then? There's kinda no walmart nor sears in Denmark... Anyone who has some ideas on how to find good lego deals? :?
What stores DO you have in Denmark? Ebay and Bricklink are also good places to find LEGO.
Space rocks.