BrickFest PDX: Festival of the Moon

Discussion and planning of large-scale Castle Themed displays and events
Glencaer
Marquis d'Krakhed

BrickFest PDX: Festival of the Moon

Post by Glencaer »

Come One and Come All!

Lord Marshal Leonhart of Tallahia invites you to the Festival of the Moon, to be held at Brickfest PDX. Merchants and Artisans will be temporarily relocating their shops and houses to Portland for what may be the largest Classic-Castle City display ever.

I will be bringing all of my town, including a 2ft tower (Residence of the Lord Marshal), and invite anyone and everyone to bring a little piece of the <http://www.classic-castle.com/ccc/standard.html Classic-Castle City>. That means houses, shops, marketplace stalls, or wall pieces, tower pieces, or gatehouses.

At PDX I plan on having a castle show-and-tell where everyone can get peaks into the amazing creations that will be there, as well as a general roundtable about the state of LEGO Castle hobby, and a How-To session where I will build a tudor-style shop and discuss other attributes of the hobby.

If you plan on bringing some 3CS pieces, please contact me to let me know so I can design the layout.

See you guys in Portland!

-Lenny

Ps. why "Festival of the Moon" - the idea being this is winter when the world is dark, whereas Brickfest Arlington will be "Festival of the Sun". I will be bringing decorations for the City in celebration of the Festival. Any ideas on how we can expand this idea, I'm totally welcome!
===
"The sound of laughter is like
the vaulted dome of
a temple of happiness. "
~-Milan Kundera-~
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Dear Marquis D'Krakhed,
Thank you so kindly for your invite to the festival of the Moon. I regret that I have pressing duties to attend to as there is a band of forestmen that need flushing out of the woods near here.

I wish you well in you endeavor, and please send my regards to the Marquessa.

Baron Serac

:D
Glencaer
Marquis d'Krakhed

Post by Glencaer »

OOH! Something I didn't think of, but something that people can do who would like to participate (and are brave) is ship their Sigfig or MOC to me, and I will present it at BrickFest.

As you can ask Anthony or Ben, I am trustworthy and won't keep your MOC for myself.

For any questions about this - contact me at glencaer at classic-castle dot com.

pease y'all!
-lenstu
===
"The sound of laughter is like
the vaulted dome of
a temple of happiness. "
~-Milan Kundera-~
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

Hey Crackhead,

From the subject line I thought you were going over to the dark side and setting up a Moonbase. :)

Bruce
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

Either it's brickfest or japan =P
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

LEGOFREAK wrote:Dear Marquis D'Krakhed,
Thank you so kindly for your invite to the festival of the Moon. I regret that I have pressing duties to attend to as there is a band of forestmen that need flushing out of the woods near here.
Try as you might, buddy, ye will never succeed! :twisted: :twisted:

LONG LIVE THE FORESTMEN!!
8) 8) 8)

PS - I wish I could come to the festival but I have pressing matters as well... :(
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Barbapple
Steward

Post by Barbapple »

where's portland? :?