More new colors??!!!

Discussion of general LEGO topics
The Blue Knight
Merchant

More new colors??!!!

Post by The Blue Knight »

This weekend I have been sorting about a year's worth of new sets. I was integrating in the blues, and found that the blue from 2004 seems lighter than before. Is this a new color, or a replacement? I know brown has been changed in addition to the other changes I won't mention infear this thread goes way off topic. But what else has changed, and when will others change? Seems to me the red is slightly lighter also. Have I finally gone off the reservation or what?!
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

Hmmm, I think they did change the blue colour or at least split it in two, one lighter (not sure if it's the same as Jayko-blue) and a darker.

Then we have the new (awsome) dark red, it's almost a better evil colour then black.

Bley and brown, well you all know how that goes...

Green bricks is something I've rarely seen before.

I thin that's about it...

Joel
I'm back, and so is Castle!
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

After consulting with several blue bricks and plates from some of my older sets compared to a 2004 set, I can say that blue seems to have a high degree of varience between the years or batches. My blue baseplates are a uniform color, but many of the blue bricks and plates from sets ranging from 1998-2004 have noticeable varience. Yellow also tends to have a fair degree of varience. From this observation, I would have to say you probably just had a very noticeably varied batch, I don't think they've changed the color. Although rumor has it that the blue baseplate will disappear once the current stocks of Doc Ock's Hideout and the baseplate pack from Dacta run out. SO they could be planning a blue color change.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Well, all the blue in the KK2 sets is all Purple Blue. This actually is quite annoying. :(
Space rocks.
Umgarla
Laborer

Post by Umgarla »

I noticed a variation in the blue used for this set:

http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/6115-1

The 2x2 blue plate with the pin isn't the same blue as the same of the parts in this set...
I don't know how this happened, but it doesn't look like the blue they used for several other pieces the same year...
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=115690]"Wi nøt trei a høliday in Sweden this yer?"[/url]
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

This is stupid, now we won't have enough peices to build colour corodinated MOCS. I pity the foo's
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

TheOrk wrote:This is stupid, now we won't have enough peices to build colour corodinated MOCS. I pity the foo's
My feelings precisely. I'll post some pix later this week to show the difference.

I think the real color is "royal blue". I like it as a color, but they really do not need another blue.

This may be the color. I'll get the pix up and let you decide.
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens