So there is hope?

Discussion of general LEGO topics
Commander Redbeard
Bailiff

So there is hope?

Post by Commander Redbeard »

Over the past few years, TLC seemed to have degraded it's product lines, concerning budget and juniorization, but after looking over our latest 2005 catalogue, I think LEGO may be heading for a really good year. Some especially promising things I noticed were:

Better KK2 sets

More brick-built sets (Check out that 650 piece, $40 house pack!)

Revival of two more legands in only a few monthes (City Airport and Main Street).

The only bad thing is... Bionicle is still here!! Will it never leave us, will wave upon wave of ugly technic creatures smother all?! :lol:

If my abilities of foresight are at all better than my weekly cash allowance, I think we're headed into a really good year...

HUZZAH! :wink:
Sitting in a midnight glade
Firelight dancing off burnished blade
A Forestman sits
Wondering about the next day
But after three mugs of ale
Let it bring what it may.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Better than 2004, anyway.

I think LEGO has a long way to go yet before we can truly say that we've got a great year, going by the standards of the late 90s, but we have definitely started to go back up again instead of down.

As for the Bionicles....

As long as it keeps TLC afloat financially, its all good by me.
mediamaster
Peasant

Post by mediamaster »

There is always hope...

And I find bionicle intrestin and I am glad its around because it is legos BC and its preventing it from sinking.

And for all of theose who dont no much about scuba a BC is a Buancy Compensator. Which allows the person in the vest to adjust his bouncy.
Courage is going in knowing your licked, but seeing it through to the end.
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

ok - but some of us actually like bionicles. Hey, they aren't like all the brick pieces out there, but they do work with them, and as its been stated, a LOT of kids like them, and pester their parents to buy them more and more and more.
I like the comics, and the storyline is interesting, (much better than KK2 f'rinstance..) and a lot of the parts are neat.
I am put in the mind of a sci fi book title code of the lifemaker by james p hogan.

anyway, back on topic, I think 2005 is going to be a good year. all the sets seem to be pretty darn cool, now if i can only come up with some moolah :D
Dark_Avenger
Villein
Location: Look out your window. See the guy running around naked? That's me.

Re: So there is hope?

Post by Dark_Avenger »

Commander Redbeard wrote:The only bad thing is... Bionicle is still here!! Will it never leave us, will wave upon wave of ugly technic creatures smother all?! :lol:
Why even complain about it? All it's doing is helping LEGO immensely and building up a huge fanbase (myself included). Unlike KK2 (which I'm a fan of, too), it's not replacing anything like the old castle line. No one is MAKING you buy any Bionicle products. I don't complain about Clikits or 4 Juniors (except for that dreadful Pirate line, only because it replaces what could have been a cool turn back to the old days of Pirate).
I'd give the LEGO Company a pat on the back if I could. Thank you for the excellent sets. You are truely going in the right direction.
Commander Redbeard
Bailiff

Those KK2 sets do look promising...
A Forestman sits
gooberliberation
Peasant

Post by gooberliberation »

i think the hope is in continuing to churn out good creator/inventor sets like robobots and such. before i used to ignore old basic sets but now creators are not so good.

next year's car creator set looks promising, im not sure about the airplane one

Now what i'd like to see would be something of a subtheme revival in creator set form.

Admit it, you'd love to see a blacktron bucket.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Re: So there is hope?

Post by Sir Kohran »

Dark_Avenger wrote:
Commander Redbeard wrote:The only bad thing is... Bionicle is still here!! Will it never leave us, will wave upon wave of ugly technic creatures smother all?! :lol:
Why even complain about it? All it's doing is helping LEGO immensely and building up a huge fanbase (myself included). Unlike KK2 (which I'm a fan of, too), it's not replacing anything like the old castle line. No one is MAKING you buy any Bionicle products. I don't complain about Clikits or 4 Juniors (except for that dreadful Pirate line, only because it replaces what could have been a cool turn back to the old days of Pirate).

Hey, it's KX! Hi there buddy.

As for Bionicle, what's so bad about it? If it weren't for the 'ugly technic creatures', Lego would probably have gone down long ago due to money losses, and Megablocks would be the dominant construction set company right now. *shivers*
porschecm2
Councilor

Post by porschecm2 »

"Only a fool's hope..."

Cm2
Commander Redbeard
Bailiff

I really don't think Bionicle is Lego's lifeline, but it must be, or why would they continue it? I have a few sets but I don't use them much.
A Forestman sits
Tole_11
Serf

Post by Tole_11 »

x
Last edited by Tole_11 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
porschecm2
Councilor

Post by porschecm2 »

Actually, I don't really care if they want to keep Bionicle in their product lines. Bionicle doesn't bother me at all. As long as they produce awesome other lines, I could care less if they want Bionicle too. And Bionicle does make alot of money for Lego, so it's not all bad...

And this year, they are producing awesome other lines, so it's all good. :)

Cm2
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/porschecm ... onal.1.png[/img]
Think twice. Post once.
Constructum excellentia!