Here are the rules for the Battles Contest:
1. Build a medieval battle scene.
2. You may use official factions, as well any custom factions of your choice.
3. Custom pieces of any kind are more than welcome.
4. You may use a small number of figs or entire legions, the choice is yours.
5. You may use beasts and/or mythical creatures.
6. You may use clone bricks, though I don't encourage such things.
7. Medieval style weapons only, please.
Enter as often as you wish!
Here is the page of entries:
My intent is to make this as simple as possible. The point is to make a battle scene. It can be as large as you like or as small. Entries will be graded on three different aspects:
Realistic Action (4 points): Does it look like the combatants are actually fighting? Does the whole scene look fluid and mobile or does it look stiff and staged?
Site of Battle (4 points): Is the site believable? Does the action fit with the features of the site? Is anything going on that just doesn't fit the terrain?
Creativity (2 points): Is there something here I have never seen done before? Is there something that stands out as being really unique?
These are the questions I will be asking myself as I am grading the entries. It may seem strange to some of you that creativity is scored so low. That is on purpose. I want the main emphasis to be on the battle and the terrain the battle is being waged upon. I will give points for unique ideas, but I don't want them to overshadow the brawl.
The contest will end on April 5 at midnight. That gives all of you over a month to plan, build, and post (its also my birthday
). And if you don't have all the pieces you need to make the ultimate battle, try anyway. You might surprise yourself.
I have a number of doubles that I have been meaning to use in a contest at some point. This seems like as good as time as any. First prize will be a copy of 6042 Dungeon Hunters (opened with box). Second prize will be 1547 Black Knight's Boat (opened with box). And third place will 6037 Witch's Windship (no box). I know, I know, the windship is the one of the worst sets ever and is like no prize at all.
Post links to entries here as well as any questions.
Let the battles begin!
Edit: I forgot a few things:
1. You may use something you have already built but it can't have been submitted in any other contest.
2. No Photoshoped pics. You may touch up the pictures but no adding figs, elements, blood, drawing in weapons, etc.
3. Ldraw entries are allowed as long as you don't abuse it. No impossible uses of pieces, no overabundant use of hard to find parts, etc.
4. Pics should be less than 800x600 pixels.