Check this out!

Discussion of topics concerning life in the middle ages around the world, including architecture, history, and warfare.
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

Okej, this is OT but I have a feeling many of us would'nt be here was'nt it for that "Prince of darkness" ;)

If he deserves to be named "knight of the british empire" for it... I'm not so sure...

Joel.
I'm back, and so is Castle!
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

Assassin wrote:Hey guys, here's absolute proof that they give knighthoods to just about any dork.

Did you see that the "Prince Of Darkness" himself (Bill Gates) has been knighted ? ? ? ? ?
From what I've read, he's been knighted for his charitable contributions, not for making shoddy Microsoft products. Allthough he is exceedingly wealthy, he is known as being somewhat of a philanthropist. And really, if Mic Jagger or Anthony Hopkins can be knighted, why not Bill Gates? No need to be too hard on the "Prince of Darkness"!

(Oh, and shouldn't it be the "Prince of Dorkness"? :lol: )

Later.
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Bill Gates only gives to charity, becuase if he didn't his income taxes would be too high for him.

You give me $30 billion, I'll give some to charity too. He has done nothing good. Why not give a knighood to me. I donate a portion of my small income to the less fortunate as often as I can. I just have less to give, does that make Gates better than I?

DM
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

Dragon Master wrote:Bill Gates only gives to charity, becuase if he didn't his income taxes would be too high for him.
Those who benefit from BG's donations probably couldn't care less what's the "true" reason for him to donate.

Bye
Jojo
 This is just the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

This thread is getting off topic so I will lock it. Have a nice day :D

Ben E.
CC Sets Admin