Bricklink?

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
Heeck
Serf

Bricklink?

Post by Heeck »

Hello, I'm new to these forums and have a question. Please correct me if this is in the wrong place. Anyway, I have a simple question about Bricklink.com. I've noticed a large variety of sets there that I want. However, my brother was about to place an order when he noticed that he had to sign in again. His password was already typed in for us, though.

My question to you, are there like, security problems there, or anything of the sort? Is there any way somebody could get into my account, or was it just like only because it was my computer? Sorry if this sounds silly, but I just want to order stuff from a secure site, right? Let me know what's up with this, if you don't mind. Sorry if this has nothing to do with Lego, I just figured since it is about a LEGO selling site. Thanks.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Hi Heeek,

Welcome to Classic-Castle. This thread does belong in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum so I will move it there after I answer your question:

Signing in twice is probably your computer. Either way bricklink is not linked directly to your bank or credit card. You have to use paypal, check, money order, etc to pay the seller. These methods of payment are not run by bricklink so I would feel safe using them.

I do suggest looking into buying sets on ebay though because it is usually cheaper if you are patient and shop around. Bricklink is more convenient but the price markup is usually higher than I would like to pay.

Ben E.
CC Sets Admin
Heeck
Serf

Post by Heeck »

Thanks for the help! I do have an account on both ebay and Bricklink, but have terrible, and I mean terrible luck on ebay whenever something goes up for auction. I'd prefer to pay a little more occasionally at Bricklink to ensure that my attempts to own a set are not futile. I'll watch ebay, but I always end up outbid or the item is removed completely by the seller. Thanks again.
medib
Bailiff

Post by medib »

Hey heeck,

on Ebay you got to be patient. There is a prolific use of sniping.
A big suggestion is to see the sets you want and then bid what you
think the set is worth Plus shipping and then bid it.

If you still get outbid, then you can be happy that someone else wanted
it more or else was stupid. :D

(or else you can try and out-snipe the sniper, though this will only probably
lead to increased aggravation)

I find that there are times when you have no choice but to use Ebay to
try and acquire Lego sets as the prices on Bricklink for certain items
are way overpriced. :twisted:

Ben Medinets
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

BrickLink is the best place to get Lego parts, if you need something more specific rather than just buying sets.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]