Legends

Discussion of general LEGO topics
Heeck
Serf

Legends

Post by Heeck »

Hello. I'm looking to get the Black Seas Barracuda Pirate Set. However, the Legend version may be an easier and cheaper alternative, right? So, my question to you Pirate Lovers is this. What are the exact differences between the Legoland and Legend versions? I would very much like to know. Thank you for your time.
Dragonlord Esq.
Reeve

Post by Dragonlord Esq. »

According to Lugnet, the Legends version has 31 more pieces. It looks the same to me. I had no idea this was rereleased. Is it still available?
Sir Dillon
Man-At-Arms

Post by Sir Dillon »

Dragonlord Esq. wrote: I had no idea this was rereleased. Is it still available?
I think it was rereleased in 2002, so no, it's not available any more.
Heeck
Serf

Post by Heeck »

Now, the increased pieces aren't that big of a deal. But could anybody identify the quality of the legend as opposed to the original '89 one? Overall, do you think it's worth more getting a new legends one off of ebay or something? Or would you rather get a used original (I'm not shelling out a load of money for the old one sealed...)? After this, my Lego questions shall cease for a while. Thanks again.
Sir Dillon
Man-At-Arms

Post by Sir Dillon »

I have the rereleased version of the Red Beard Runner, and it seems fine to me, but since I don't have the Black Seas Barracuda, I'm not sure. I highly doubt that it would be lower quality, but I'm not sure.
ezehogan
Foot Soldier

Post by ezehogan »

I wish they had produced more of these. They sold out really fast, and at the time I had no idea they were even rereleased. By the time I found out, it was already to late.

As for your question, I would imagine that the quality is the same (at least for the pieces). The only thing I can fathom being of any lesser quality is the sails, and I doubt that they are any different from the original. I can't really offer you any advice, but I can tell you what I would do. I also am interested in picking this set up at some point in the future, and if it came down to a Legend version or a Legoland version, I would buy whatever is cheaper.
"A chair like this is like a girlfriend! Why would you trade in an old one that's comfortable for a new one that could be a pain in the butt?" -Archie Bunker-