CCRP Recap: February

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

CCRP Recap: February

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

Usually, I think of February as a quiet month – you wait in agony for winter to end, schoolwork just seems to keep coming, and for the most part, nothing happens.

Not for CCRP!

We sure had a busy month. Thanks to all those who joined, mainly Sir Drake, TheOrk, Dragoman, and Cyclonis.

As always please feel free to post or PM me if you think I might have missed something.
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

1) Willem, who had just escaped from certain death at the Wolfpack capitol – Daggerfall Spire, meets Katherine, the sole survivor of the Gladwheel and Turnleaf families. Meanwhile, Cirol Grimtounge, the current ruler of the Wolfpack, continues to hunt down so called loyalists and others who have their eyes on the throne – most notably the “bloody daggers”. This group having declared itself independent from Cirol’s rule prepare to defend themselves at Sharpfang Citadel. After Willem is reunited with Graygon, the tree exit the Fell Isle by way of the secret underground passage to the mainland.

2) The eight members of the so-called “fellowship of the pedants” cross into Classic Legoland. On their way, they meet even more setbacks, including being buried in a small avalanche where Luxus’s condition only gets worse. After the party has dug itself out of the snow, Dractor and Bjarn go hunting. As darkness sets in though, they become surrounded by timberwolves. Hearing the howls, Reno and Anardan rush to their rescue. (see 11 and 14). Once the party reaches Orion, they make their way to the Classic Library. There, Swift, Strider, Vince and Drake break off leaving the fellowship alone again. In the building, they meet Daner Pluto again and receive help from a young library assistant named Hans to find the location of the temple of Lost Stars. After finding the location is in the Neverwood, they reprovision themselves and leave the city. Upon reaching the Neverwood, the meet up with Gib (see 10). That night, they are beset by more timberwolves until they make a break for the ruined castle. On the way, they are attacked by more wolves who draw off when Luxus holds out the amulet given to him by Swift. After a camp is set up, Malder Peregal suddenly makes an appearance, speaking only disdain of the party’s mission before he suddenly leaves. Later that night, more wolves attack, and once again, Luxus uses his amulet to ward them off, nearly sucking all the energy in him out. The party once again hunkers down, all of them exhausted.

3) Quorandis and Elbdar having taken passage to Anka Dolor with Kendo, a ninja merchant/pirate who is keenly suspicious of the Dragon Master. However, they safety reach Anka Dolor where they manage to buy Jayko. However, the party is then arrested by pirates, having being tipped off by Kendo. Nevertheless, the party manages to make an escape, planning to steal a ship.

4) Cyclonis enters the picture along with Qual-Ren and Keyfar. Heading to the mainland from ninja colonies at D-15, they start trailing a junk, calling it in attempt to get directions. Not getting any reply, they try to board the ship but are stopped by Keyfar. The ship goes on its way without them. (see 3)

5) Weigraf enters the story, heading to Orion through a raging blizzard. Reaching his destination, he encounters a thief, and with inhuman power, rips him limb from limb. Later on, it is revealed that he is the “monster” in the city sewers. (see 13)

6) At the Royal Knight capitol, Kjeld orders that Port Josef be cleared out of its rabble, and in order to rectify the wood shortage, Falcon prisoners be ordered to harvest timber at the eastern end of the land. On the battle line, the situation remains a stalemate. Prince Lego then leaves to investigate the situation at Falconis city.

7) In Orion, Logen and Walf try to figure out what has happened to Dale in the sword, unaware that Brugs is now trapped with him. Deeply frustrated, Brugs takes control of the sword and attempts to kill Dale’s friends. Both spirits try to control the weapon as it reels drunkenly around the inn until Logen traps it in a cask and makes a speedy getaway with Walf. Meeting up with Alex, the three nearly get killed as the cask gets thrown over the cart. Dale and Brugs then continue to fight over control of the sword as the former Dragon Master tries to kill as many as possible, out of simple spite. Jos finds employment as a baker and Keavur Stormspear makes his appearance, offering to rid the city of the “demon sword”.

8 ) The Lone Ranger comes across a small trail from where he landed in the Legolander islands and meets an old man who offers to give him food in return for splitting some wood. He becomes keenly interested in the old man who apparently knows who he is.

9) Jayko and Elwin reach Anka Dolor where they wait to be auctioned off. (see 3)

10) Gib races to Orlan where he claims Grizzle. The bear then sets in for hibernation south of Orlan while Gib and Griffon depart for Glestol. There he actually meets his mother, Emphria before he is turned out by his stepbrother, Malder. He then returns to the Neverwood where he joins up with the Forestman fellowship (see 2).

11) Otto, a Crusader trader enters the story and encounters Bjarn, Dractor, Anardan, and Reno. He starts a fire in the trees which drives the wolves away (see 2). He introduces himself to the company and lends them much needed supplies. He leaves the morning afterwards after giving Bjarn what he thinks to be a useless trinket, but somehow feels compelled to give over.

12) In Orion, the peace conference begins with inconclusive results – neither party willing to give an inch. Frustrated, Karl gives a rousing, if somewhat rash speech decaling the Falcon’s unwillingness to comply to the other delegates demands. He is later rebuked by Constantinus who later sets out a treaty that ends up being a sort of compromise.

13) Sir Valric makes his appearance in Orion and hires himself to the Emperor’s service. He then undertakes a mission to root out some sort of monster under the city sewers.

14) Swift, Strider, Vince, and Drake enter the scene and meet the eight members of the Forestmen expedition who at that moment are being introduced to Otto. They too, lend their aid to the surprised party whose number has gone from eight to thirteen in a matter of hours. (see 2 and 11) In Orion, the party stays at a hotel where during the night, a forestman attempts to murder them. Instead, he himself is killed by Swift. The next day, Swift makes a startling appearance at the library, leaving Luxus with an amulet in the shape of a wolf’s paw. The group then leaves Orion to the Wooddweller territories where their horses are stolen. (see 20)

15) Girard, the chief admiral of the late 1st fleet of the Falcons finds himself alive. He later discovers that his ship has run aground on a reef far to the west of Dametreos, and he is the sole survivor. He proceeds to provide himself with some sort of shelter and other necessities.

16) Martin becomes restless and meets with some of his officers. The next day, they stir up a riot. It fails miserably as the palace guard mows the dissenters down. The general’s name does get out though and Durlass orders Frederick – now a member of the DOSI, to assassinate the man. Meanwhile, Hindrich runs away, aware of the precarious political situation he is in.

17) Markus enters the scene. He forcefully enters Forestman territory where he demands food and drink. He kills a Forestman and is taken prisoner a short time later. However, he manages to escape from his captors just a few days later.

18 ) In Falconis City, the members of the rebel resistance wait it out as snow piles up to second story windows.

19) Jerral continues his trip to the mainland in the King Bardiar until it hits an iceberg. It is just barely able to limp into Glondur.

20) At Drullen Bell Keep, Fraun enters with some 20 Forestmen, nearly all of them wounded. It is then related how a raiding party of Wolfpack cut down most of their number before Swift and his party helped the survivors get away. Gonderin, acting as steward in place of Bjarn, authorizes an armed scouting party to investigate what is behind this unusual activity on the part of the Wolfpack – members of the party include Swift and Fraun. Meanwhile, Swift and Frayla strike up a new friendship. Upon entering Wolfpack territory, Swift and the rest of the group meet Leonidas, and make their way to the Citadel of the fallen three-hundred that Swift seems to command. There, Swift gives a short background story on his situation having reassumed power there. Later on, he and his soldiers set up an ambush on an enemy Wolfpack convoy which has resounding success. However, Freyla is kidnapped in the process*. Her imprisonment is short-lived though At Drullen Bell, Rosa leaves without warning.

21) Targon comes into contact with some kind of spirit who calls itself “The Elemental” who seemingly kills him after revealing himself as once being Bargon. Bargon then leaves Dametreos along with Marus.

22) Void and Jarvick figure out the Nugia spell, but more importantly, Void regains his power. While Jarvick runs off to be reunited with his brother, Void plots how to properly regain his ruling position.

23) In the Shadow Knight’s hidden stronghold, a plan is hatched to conquer the world using a man named Theron.

*Sir Drake, I am unclear on this point here – could you enlighten me?
Last edited by lemon_squeezer2 on Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KP 2011!
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Wow are you fast! March isn't even 24 hours old, and the recap to one of our most massive months ever is up. Great job!
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

Yeah, sry, it isn't Frayla who's taken, but Freya(Fraun's sister). She was taken after the battle from the survivors.
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

So you're saying there is a Freya and a Freyla?

hmm - I'm going to have to read back and get things sorted out im my head. :?

KP 2011!
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

Yep, there's two of them :wink: . There's Freya, who is Fraun's sister(She my character) and there is Frayla(Forester3291's character). But Nathan didn't add Freya to my characters page yet, so I can understand the confusion. :)
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Great work Nick, simply outstanding! :D

There should be a change of names. Frayla and Freya (or whatever) are just to similar. Since they are also in close proximity with Fraun, this adds more confusion. In fact, I am still confused :?

Frayla will stay the same, but Fraun's sis needs a new and completely different name. Without the letters F and Y, preferably. Drake, once you chose a new name, I can go back through all the posts and edit your with her new name.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Great job Nick! You did a better job then I could on recaping my characters. :)
You just missed one juicy detail that is on page 11.

My 3rd char the wizard Pythos enters the story, and it's revealed that Sir Weigraf is his servant.
Keep up the good work :wink:
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:There should be a change of names. Frayla and Freya (or whatever) are just to similar. Since they are also in close proximity with Fraun, this adds more confusion. In fact, I am still confused

Frayla will stay the same, but Fraun's sis needs a new and completely different name. Without the letters F and Y, preferably. Drake, once you chose a new name, I can go back through all the posts and edit your with her new name.
Sure, whatever, what do you think of Aaylah? Is this better?
Cyclonis
Bailiff

Post by Cyclonis »

hey,

I'm glad you meantioned me in the posts. Thats an honour :D
Sorry I havent been posting much of the roleplay lately--I have had too many loose ends tying nooses in the back of my mind, plus my real life, etc.

I'll get back on the saddle and start posing again.
-Cyclonis
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

Cyclonis wrote:hey,

I'm glad you meantioned me in the posts. Thats an honour :D
Sorry I havent been posting much of the roleplay lately--I have had too many loose ends tying nooses in the back of my mind, plus my real life, etc.

I'll get back on the saddle and start posing again.
-Cyclonis
Great, glad you're back! :D I'm feel compassion for your chars, poor Keyfar and Cyclonid, they must be starving, they're like almost for a month on the sea :D :D !
Cyclonis
Bailiff

Post by Cyclonis »

Hehe, yep. :) Lucky Keyfar knows how to catch fish with one of those super-sharp spear-thingys. :D

...I'll start posting on-to the story tomorrow. :D