The Battles Contest is under way!

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
The Yeti
Laborer

Post by The Yeti »

hmmm, maybe i should put more entries in next year :D
Funny things DO happen--just never when you need them...
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

The Yeti wrote:hmmm, maybe i should put more entries in next year :D
Your battles were cool 8)
However I think you need to make them bigger and more creative like the winners. Congradulations to the winners and see you all next year :wink:
The Yeti
Laborer

Post by The Yeti »

unfortunately, me and rosh suffer from a lack of men and peices so therefore the battles were as big as we could make them. there is only so much you can do with a limited amount of men and peices.
Sir Dillon
Man-At-Arms

Post by Sir Dillon »

Yeah, I think that's what happened with mine. If I had at least 20 more men, some of my battles would have looked a lot better.
The Yeti
Laborer

Post by The Yeti »

the batle contest wasnt based on size though. if that was the case i couldnt have entered
erikut
Steward

Post by erikut »

OOh congrats guys. atleast survied made a clear second.

Erik
Scnicker
Landlord

Post by Scnicker »

From this we see:bigger battle is better :P
HenrytheV
Gentleman

Post by HenrytheV »

I think I'll go buy myself a prize, Ebay here I come!!!!! :P
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=HenrytheV]My Bricklink Store[/url]
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Scnicker wrote:From this we see:bigger battle is better :P
Well it is sort of obvious, a 200 man battle scene will be better then a 20 man battle scene. If only my pics were a little better I might have secured 20th place 8) But I still have over 200 to use for next year :twisted:
Scnicker
Landlord

Post by Scnicker »

Actually 1 on 1 fights give me more thrill than large battles :)
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Maybe it's an indication that people who have made the EFFORT to buy all those figs (and it takes effort, to be sure), are the more devoted, or possibly the older LEGO fans: the ones with more experience and love to lavish on a creation.

For example, I think that Jens' Snake Knights vs the Orks would have still been a great battle even if it was 1/3 as large. He got first because of the DETAIL he put into it.

The chance for you to win is not so much in the pieces you have, although a certain minimum is required, but in the experience and love put forth as skill in your building.
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

Formendacil wrote:
For example, I think that Jens' Snake Knights vs the Orks would have still been a great battle even if it was 1/3 as large. He got first because of the DETAIL he put into it.

The chance for you to win is not so much in the pieces you have, although a certain minimum is required, but in the experience and love put forth as skill in your building.
Exactly, size has nothing to do with it. I judged each of these entries on details. Jens entry happened to be the biggest, but that is not why it won. It is the most detailed, the most "alive", the most believable. 2nd and 3rd place follow very close. All the other entries were well done, but these three really jumped out at me.

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
Scnicker
Landlord

Post by Scnicker »

Whoa, that was a joke guys. You don't need to get defensive about it. I'm really pleased with the results, they deserved it.
Sir Dillon
Man-At-Arms

Post by Sir Dillon »

yea, they do look ahole lot better, and I think they deserved to win. Thanks again for doing this Josh! :D
Suvied
Laborer

Post by Suvied »

This was a great contest. Win or lose it gave me the motivation to open a brickshelf account and get more involved (online).

Next years contest will be even better. I am just glad my friend decided not to enter. His battle scene made mine look like a pub fight. Lord of the Lego might be able to guess who I am talking about. His last name is Kasprzyk.

Thanks Josh and thank you everyone who entered. Somewhere in .space there are a bunch of people wishing their contests were as cool.

-SuvieD
There is someone who is always worse off than you . . . consider my peasants for example.