Bricklords

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Bricklords

Post by Bruce N H »

Denix,

I finished level one yesterday. It was a lot of fun. Thanks for all of the work you did building this. Any idea when level 2 will be up? Also, will my stats/money/items carry over from level 1 to level 2? If so maybe I'll spend some more time running around level 1, killing baddies, collecting gold, and buying better weapons and a stockpile of potions.

Bruce
Denix
Villein

Re: Bricklords

Post by Denix »

Bruce N H wrote:I finished level one yesterday. It was a lot of fun. Thanks for all of the work you did building this.
Thanks to you ;-)
Bruce N H wrote:Any idea when level 2 will be up?
As soon as I can.
I'm working on it but I devote some time to my wife wich I've suffered for the first "time consuming" level.
Bruce N H wrote:Also, will my stats/money/items carry over from level 1 to level 2? If so maybe I'll spend some more time running around level 1, killing baddies, collecting gold, and buying better weapons and a stockpile of potions.
Some things will change in order to better avoid the cheating methods.
But, you'll carry your your gold, equipement, stats, etc.

Regards
My [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Denix]brickshelf gallery[/url].
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

This all sounds cool, but I still cant play because I'm useing mozilla :cry:

LR
Denix
Villein

Post by Denix »

lone ranger wrote: ... but I still cant play because I'm useing mozilla
I'm also working on it and I hope that it will be better with the "level 2" engine. :?

Denix
My [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Denix]brickshelf gallery[/url].
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

I just cant wait to play :D

LR
SirCumferance
Laborer

Post by SirCumferance »

It's a great game, I just started yesterday. I have not gotten very far but... I have noticed a bug. When I find a new weapon, even if it is worse the the one I am carrying the old one is lost, gone, disapeared, never to be seen again. This gets realy frustrating; especialy when I just bought a brand new Pirate Sabre, and never get to use it.

I do think, however, that it is very hard. Like when find any potions shops, or when my weapon breaks after four uses. Maybe if the weapon had a set amount of uses, and the higher defense the enemy has the faster it breaks. Maybe 30-50 uses would be good, so I can actualy get my moneys worth. Making the game less random would realy make it a bit more fun, but not so much that it becomes predictable. Otherwise, it's a great game that has a lot of potencial (sp). I hope to see new and improved versions in the coming months.

Anyways, thars me two cents, and ye 'aint gettin' no more!

EDIT! I have also found that at the level that I am at, when I face a mercenary Dwarf, I am garenteed to lose. I realy realy think that you should be able to drink potions in a battle. If you could, then when it refreshes the page I would have drunk the potion, and if the monster's attack was over mine, it did damage. But if mine was over his, nothing would happen because I just drank a potion. Yeah.
I am the queen of France!

... Maker of Castle Crusade

Mail me! kullvox03222@yahoo.com
sith35
Freeman

Post by sith35 »

Ok, I finally beat level one. It took me a few times dying before I gave in and used the walkthrough. Thank you verneer for posting that. It does come off as a bit repetitive, but I was able to deal with that. I think what disliked the most was how random it was that your armor/weapons can break. Example: I finally got enough gold to buy a mace then after fighting two enemies it breaks. Now I am down all that money and getting the floor wiped with myself because my good weapon broke after two fights. It did cause me to get a bit discouraged. Now besides that I think it is great, and I cannot wait for level 2.
If it doesn't fit FORCE IT! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyways.
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

To all who are concerned with breaking weapons, two things:
1. Save the game often, so you can restart without losing too much ground.
2. Check out Pawel's guide to what weapons won't break. Save up money until you can get a katana, then you won't have to worry about it anymore.

Bruce