Classic-Castle Roleplay: May 2005

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Grid: L-16
Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:“Let ‘er go, Smythe!”

Sydney Smyth, along with a dozen other men heaved, pushed and shoved, and the anchor along with it’s chained prisoners plunged into the deep.
"What in blue blazes!!!" Jacques Broadside was peering through his telescope at the Mantis, which was now almost alongside the Aterops.

"What?" asked Viktor.

"That blistering barnacle Stormrider 'as thrown himself overboard- chained to an anchor, and the wee princess!"

"Suicide- and revenge?" suggested Viktor.

"Revenge maybe, but there's only a snowman's chance in the underworld that 'e'd commit suicide. No, mark my words, there's somethin' up 'is sleeve, although I'm a Black Falcon if I know what it be."

"What do you want to do?" asked Viktor.

"We'll stay where w-" Broadside started, but stopped. "No, wait- Stormrider's crew's surrenderin'. Stand-by to make full sail! If those naval types get it into their heads to pursue us- although I doubt it- then I want ter be able to catch a headwind and outrun them, which'll be easy if they take on the Mantis's crew and cargo. Meanwhile, we sit pretty and see what 'appens."
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Formendacil wrote:"What do you want to do?" asked Viktor.

"We'll stay where w-" Broadside started, but stopped. "No, wait- Stormrider's crew's surrenderin'. Stand-by to make full sail! If those naval types get it into their heads to pursue us- although I doubt it- then I want ter be able to catch a headwind and outrun them, which'll be easy if they take on the Mantis's crew and cargo. Meanwhile, we sit pretty and see what 'appens."
Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:“T-take those scum into custody.” growled Captain Johnson to no one in particular, “I’ll be in my cabin.”

Captain Johnson stomped below, slammed his cabin door and slumped into his chair, where he poured himself a drink. Curse that wily pirate! Johnson slammed his fist into the table. He had failed. He had lost them all: that Jellybean terrorist, that so-called Storm-Rider, and worse of all, he had lost the princess. He would hand for his failure. He knew it.
L-16

There was an urgent knocking on the Captain’s door. Johnson quickly stowed the glass and gin bottle in his desk drawer and then harrumphed, “Enter.”

The helmsman O’Brian stepped inside and saluted,

“Sir, the other ship, the Crusader ship that we had previously been pursuing, she’s heaving to now and making sail.”

Captain Johnson rose.

“They’re making their getaway.” he concluded, “Mister O’Brian, order the marines to board and secure the Mantis. You are also to board and take temporary command until I return.”

O’Brian nodded swiftly. “Aye, sir.”

“Dismissed.”

O’Brian saluted again and left. Captain Johnson followed him out and strode to the helm.

“Mister Bloom.”

The sober and freshly disciplined sailor stood rigid and saluted crisply.

“Sir!”

“Set a course to intercept that ship.” Captain Johnson indicated the distant Bombardier.

“Aye sir.”

Mr. Bloom spun the helm and Captain Johnson turned another man.”

“Mister Took, prepared to heave to and make sail.”

“Aye, Cap’n!”

As Mr. Took began shouting orders to the crew another sailor approached Johnson and saluted,

“Cap’n, sir, Mister O’Brian and the marines are onboard and in control of the Mantis.”

“Very good. Mr. Took, release larboard lines.”

“Aye, Cap’n. Release larboard lines. Let ‘er go!”

As the Aterops and the Mantis began to slowly drift apart, Captain Johnson leaned forward on the rail, staring at the distance Bombardier.

“I’ve lost two prizes…I’m not going to let the last get away!”

--------------

Onboard the Bombardier, Viktor was staring at the Aterops with Captain Broadside’s spyglass.

“Er…captain…I think that ships doin’ something…” he said slowly, the spyglass pressed hard into his eye.

“Say what?”

Broadside snatched the spyglass from Viktor and shoved it into his own eye.

“Oh blasted bloated bleary barracudas.” he murmured, “She’s makin’ sail…rasin’ anchor…”

“What’s that mean?” asked Viktor.

Broadside thrust the spyglass into Viktor’s hands.

“It means she’s comin’ after us!”
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

L-16
Through the clouds above the troubled waters of the westward current you could see the pale light of the sun nearing the horizon. Dusk was approaching. And in the black clouds themselves you could see flashes of lightning, illuminating the world below them for just a moment and then plunging it back into dark shadow.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:“They’re making their getaway.” he concluded, “Mister O’Brian, order the marines to board and secure the Mantis. You are also to board and take temporary command until I return.”
Brodside was indeed making a getaway. If his prize, Burtrand was gone there wasn’t much reason to stay. As Mister O’Brion and his men boarded the Mantis they found the bodies of Targon and Rosa. Targon, who had been left up by the helm when the Aterop’s arrival interrupted Burtrand’s orders, they left for dead. But they hauled Rosa out of the brig and brought her over to the Aterops.
~
Meanwhile, below the surface of the water, Anastasia was drowning. She hadn’t taken a breath before they went down and now her lungs were bursting for oxygen. Finally her instincts took over and she opened her mouth. It’s a terrible feeling when you drown. Not that I know, but I may try it out someday. The water rushes into your lungs and you still can’t breath. Then you know you’re dead meat. But strangely, Anastasia wasn’t dead meat. At least not yet. For there was another thing to think about. She was still sinking. And as they plummeted downward the water around them grew heavier until she was sure her chest would collapse. But when the anchor hit bottom she was still alive.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:As the Aterops and the Mantis began to slowly drift apart, Captain Johnson leaned forward on the rail, staring at the distance Bombardier.

“I’ve lost two prizes…I’m not going to let the last get away!”
When Rosa awoke she was laying on a cot in a room that she hadn’t seen before. There was a man by her side.

“Ah I see you’re finally coming ‘round Miss. You got quite a nasty bump on the head there. Now if you don’t need anything I think I’ll be going topside. We’re in for more trouble ere long.”

“What-a What a bout the princess?” Rosa groaned, holding her head.

“Oh.” Said the Mariner. He removed his hat. “I’m afraid she’s dead.”
~
But the princess wasn’t dead. By that time she was already on the ocean floor. Burtrand had undone the chains from the anchor and wrapped them around his feet.
“This is for them.” Burtrand said to himself as he marched northward. “Aye, this is fer all the Pirates that’ll be hunted down if King Robert has his way. By Davey Jones! If I could ever show meself in Denderham again it would be a miracle. At least without her it would be. Wait ‘til the king hears that his daughter is really alive. Then he’ll be forced to give me my crew back, aye and me ship.”

Meanwhile, Anastasia was bobbing along behind the pirate like a kite being pulled by little boy. Only no boy ever held his kite with such an iron grip. Burtrand had two treasures attached to that hand and he wasn’t loosing either of them. At least, not until he reached the main land…
~
Meanwhile, onboard the Mantis, O’Brian had things well under control. The pirates were all rounded up on the main deck and ringed around by his men.

“I must say,” said O’Brion, casually “You are a very submissive lot of sea rats. Especially when you think of how you’re all headed to the noose.”

Smythe sneered at the man. “Arrr! Sure, but wait until Burtrand shows up again with the ransom demands. Ye’ll be whistlen a different tune then I’ll wager.” The Pirate wanted to say it out loud but he knew that it might put them on to Burtrand’s trick.

All the other pirates however, had no such assurances and were showing visible signs of panic. They were caught. Caught between certain death by the sword if they acted now and certain death by hanging if they didn’t.

“Sir,” said one of the mariners walking up. “I believe the brig is in sufficient condition to contain them in.”

“Very good!” O’Brion snapped. “You heard him men. Get these scalawags into the brig.”

But as the pirates neared the brig they became more nervous and antsy then before. Smythe could see it in their eyes. They were going to make an attack. “Tyco!” he thought. “They’re going to get themselves killed and me along with ‘em.” Quickly he felt through the bag at his side. “Let’s see...
“A cloth soaked in mercury dust…
“A little bit of leftover glove cleaner…
“And…”
Smythe pulled out a vial of red substance and another, smaller one. He had overheard this trick from an old acquaintance, though he’d never tried it out. Dragon blood was volatile stuff they said. Smythe looked ahead. They were headed towards the poop-deck, and the open hatch to the brig, underneath. This was Sydney’s chance. Quickly he poured the little vial into the bigger one and put the cork in again. Then… he threw it into the brig.
~
Onboard the Aterops, they didn’t even notice the explosion. The boom, the bang, the light. It was just like the lightning they’d been watching ever since the storm hit. And they were intent on the Bombardier. Of course those on the Bombardier noticed it but they weren’t about to go back and investigate.
~
When Targon awoke he was flying. Spinning and hurtling out of control through the air. He felt he as headed in a rather easterly direction though he didn’t know why. And now he began to wonder how he had gotten into such a state. The answer was all too clear to Targon.

“What am I? Some kind of clown, used for your amusement? Curse you gre—

But at that moment Targon hit the water. He wasn’t sure but he thought that he skipped at least twice across the foamy waves. Needless to say, it didn't feel good. But he was comforted in the end as he sank beneath the waves, by a sweet strain of music. A song he recalled from his childhood played on a fiddle.
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

The Green Knight wrote:Onboard the Aterops, they didn’t even notice the explosion. The boom, the bang, the light. It was just like the lightning they’d been watching ever since the storm hit. And they were intent on the Bombardier. Of course those on the Bombardier noticed it but they weren’t about to go back and investigate.
L-16

"Great gallons of gutted gumpies!" exclained Broadside.

"What?" Viktor demanded.

"Di'n't ya see it? I didn't even have me spyglass on an' I saw it!"

"See what?" Viktor was getting exasperated.

"Somethin' exploded on that yonder Mantis! Methinks those wily pirates be up ta summat after all!"

"Then the Aterops will have to go back!" said Viktor hopefully "She'll have to return to the Mantis and then we can escape!"

Broadside shook his head.

"Nay, Vikky, the Aterops didn't twitch an eye. She's still comin' fer us like a shark to a feeding spree."

Viktor groaned. "So where're we going, exactly?"

"Where ever the stongest wind'll take us." replied Broadside, "and at this moment that be towards Anka Dolour."

"The slave island?"

Broadsided nodded gravely. "The one and only."
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Grid: L-16
Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:Where ever the stongest wind'll take us." replied Broadside, "and at this moment that be towards Anka Dolour."

"The slave island?"

Broadsided nodded gravely. "The one and only."
"But isn't that- rather dangerous?" asked Viktor.

"Only if you be a slave," grinned Broadside.

"Couldn't we go somewhere else?" asked Viktor.

"Aye, we could," said Broadside, still grinning. "I could set a different course, and sail to the Black Knight Isles, or to Ninjara, or down ter Talistrand, or Peregrine, or anywhere pretty much in these southern waters. But I don' want to. We could stand and fight too, and probably knock the stuffin' out o' that stuffy ship, but I don' want ter."

"Why?" asked Viktor, totally perplexed. The man was a pirate, was he not?

"I don' care fer beatin' up me fellow Crusaders, if'n I can help it," said Broadside. "All me life I've spared Crusaders when possible, and kept me loyalty with the Crowne, although I don' really care for their laws. Besides, I say that we could knock the stuffing out o' her. But that don' mean that it wouldn' take a lot o' effort, although havin' left 'is marines on the Mantis, 'e won' have enough men to be successful a'conquerin' me."

"But why go to Anka Dolour?" asked Viktor.

"Because if there be one place in all Dametreos where the in'abitants will shoot down an official on sight, it's in Anka Dolour. D'you think that the slavers want a strong Crusader navy? Or that they like any navies at'all?"

"So," siad Viktor, puzzling it out. "You refuse to kill your countrymen, but you'll willingly let the slavers do it? I'm afraid I don't understand."

"'Course not, you ain't me, are ye?" said Broadside. "No, I'm hopin' that the captain o' that vessel will turn back when he sees where we be headed, but if'n he don'....

"Ah well, all will be fine, young Vikky. Pity about Stormrider though. Would've liked ter have gotten him back personally. Still, he's had his comeuppance. Best move on to other things."

That, it seemed to Viktor, was a wise decision. Lingering would not be a good idea.
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

Johnson was angry. Not for anything those pirates had done, but he was angry at himself. He had chased that ship for miles, and when he had finally reached his goal he found that it was better then anything he could have hoped for. A kidnapped princess of all things! He could have been promoted - given command of a larger ship, better pay, but now all those dreams that had rushed to his mind had been shattered. He never had really cared for the royal family, or kings and monarchs in general, but the sight of a young girl being drowned like that angered him.

Now he was bent on hunting the Bombardier down. He did not know the name of the ship - the closest distance the two had been to each other had bee nearly five miles. That ship had to be an enemy though. Why else would it try to flee before a warship of His Majesty’s navy? Also, the Mantis had been rather close. The idea that the Mantis was actually being chased never crossed Horatio’s mind. They must have been accomplices. Johnson no longer cared about his orders. His honor - his pride had been hurt, and the only way he knew how to change that was to bring to justice that dratted frigate.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Oddly enough, Hindrich had been one of the members of the audience during Drakko’s stirring speech a few days previously. He now felt content at last - for the past four months he had been feeling even guilty of running off, aware that the situation of the Falcon state was in a way still his responsibility, one that he had run away from. Now everything had been set right. The government was no longer his concern once and for all.

Strangely though, after a period of what seemed to be relief, he began to feel restless - certainly a feeling he had never experienced before. Was he to spend the rest of his days making clocks, serving customers, all the while being stuck in the same room day after day? He wanted more then that. There had to be more to life then making clocks, interesting as they were. That was the main reason he was now walking out of Falconis City. What he wanted was adventure.

Meanwhile, Randolph was in the midst of his own adventure. Even after two days he found the whole event too odd. A dying man talking of a treasure - bah! It was the stuff of which bad stories were made. The paper gave it some credibility though. Randolph had studied it intently, poring over ever word (of which there were very few) and holding it up to the light (there were no hidden messages or letters). The paper hade been ripped he found out. The part he had was only a corner of what seemed to be originally a chart of some sort - an ordinary chart though. It showed the Falcon Isles in great detail, and to the farthest edge of the 5 inch fragment were two of the adjacent Black Knight islands. There was nothing truly unusual about it except for a small “X” on the island of Isen. Another thing that stood out was the date at the corner: 1734 - the era in which the islands had been claimed for and colonized by the Falcons. Randolph was still doubtful, but certainly intrigued, which was why he was now heading for Orion where the most complete, comprehensive, and well-known depository of knowledge in all of Dameteros was kept.
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

L-16
Morning dawned bright over the southern sea. And the sun’s shining rays pried open the eyes of the weary sleeper snoring away on the deck of the small trading scow. These eyes belonged to Targon. Targon, who was still alive somehow, even after the events of the previous night. But of course you already knew that. After all there’s a reason they call him indestructible.

But where was he? Targon would have liked to know that himself as his eyes flickered open. By the rolling feeling he had in his stomach he could guess that he was on a ship. But there was more… A strange music filled his ears as he sat up and scratched his head. “What?” It was bandaged. Slowly Targon noticed his surroundings, but not before noticing the song accompanying the notes in his ears.

Weeeeel all a ye gather round tae me
An suren I’m like ta tell
The tale o’ bountiest treasure there be
Since the trove of ol’ Ben McKnel

There isinna a map can lead ye there
For always tis moven’ ‘round
An’ there isna ship can speed ye there
Without being turned around

I winna say if it’s gems er gold
But only where ye can start
Fer greatest o’ treasures is here in the hold
O’ the scow by the name Apple-tart

To Targon’s surprise, he found himself on a crowed deck, surrounded by every pirate he’d ever seen on the Mantis and a large group of crusaders too. They were all staring up onto the roof of the cabin where a strange looking man was singing and fiddling his like mad as he wove a jig on the shingles.

They all seemed entranced by the spry old man. And now as Targon looked on, he felt the same.

An’ what be this treasure I’ve got in me hold
An’ what do ye ask is it worth
Well tisn’t doubloons an’ it sure tisn’t gold
It’s the pertiest treasure on earth

It’s a couple o’ this an a couple o’ that
Wit’ a few little trinkets between
Wit’ a Knick
An’ a Knack
An’ a trick
An’ a Tack
An’ the pertiest bobbles ye’ve seen.

You sir dowrn there wit the howlerd out eye
An nerey a tooth in yer head
I’ve got a whole set a new teeth ye can buy
An’ a eyepiece o’ Marble instead.

An mister O’Brion yes mister O’Brion
Where be it ye’re wishin tae be
But mister O’Brion yeer men would be dyin’
If not fer the fishin o’ me

Fer dear mister Smythe didna like tae be hung
So he sets the up the ship tae explode
Then ye’re all treadin water til I come along
An’ added ye all tae me load

But dinna ye worry ‘bout payin’ me back
Fer it tisn’t na trouble tae me
If only ye’ll promise me not tae attack
An’ allow me tae pitch this tae ye

Now this here’s a bit o’ me magical cream
Fer fixin what wounds ye might halve
An now that ol’Dragon knight looks like a dream
Instead some poor butchered calf

Targon reached up and removed his bandages as Taylor went on with his pitch. What he felt was unbelievable. It was his head…in one piece.
Last edited by The Green Knight on Sat May 21, 2005 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

The Green Knight wrote: As Mister O’Brion and his men boarded the Mantis they found the bodies of Targon and Rosa. Targon, who had been left up by the helm when the Aterop’s arrival interrupted Burtrand’s orders, they left for dead. But they hauled Rosa out of the brig and brought her over to the Aterops.

When Rosa awoke she was laying on a cot in a room that she hadn’t seen before. There was a man by her side.

“Ah I see you’re finally coming ‘round Miss. You got quite a nasty bump on the head there. Now if you don’t need anything I think I’ll be going topside. We’re in for more trouble ere long.”

“What-a What a bout the princess?” Rosa groaned, holding her head.

“Oh.” Said the Mariner. He removed his hat. “I’m afraid she’s dead.”
K-17

“Dead?” Rosa attempted to sit up, but her pounding head forced her back down, “How?”

The mariner looked at the floor.

“That Chodan-tycoed pirate Storm-Rider chained ‘imself and the princess to anchor…an’…went overboard…”

The mariner shuddered, then said, “I’ll be along shortly to bring ye some food. An’ when ye feel well enough…the Captain would like to see you.”

“Captain?” Rosa repeated.

“Aye,” nodded the mariner, “Captain Johnson. You’re on the Aterops.”

“The what?” Rosa asked, befuddled. But the mariner had already left.

Rosa leaned back in her bunk and tried to collect her thoughts. She didn’t know quite how she felt. Emotionally, that is. She knew exactly how she felt physically, and that was awful. But emotionally, she was confused, confused on how she felt about the demise of Anastasia. At first, she simply shrugged off the matter. So she’s dead, so what? The whiny little megablock wasn’t a loss to the world, not at all. However, that contempt seeped away, leaving a feeling of almost sadness for the spoiled Crusader princess. Rosa shoved those feels away as well. Then she fell asleep.

She awoke to the voice of the mariner who had spoken to her before.

“Miss? I have food here, if yer hungry…”

Rosa sat up and realized that the pounding in her head had subsided greatly.

“Yeah…I’m hungry…”

The mariner placed the loaf of bread (not stale) and ale on Rosa’s lap and then said, “Might ye be feeling well enough to visit the Captain after ye eat?”

Rosa shrugged. “I s’pose.”

She had to get her bearings and figure out what to do next now that she had escaped the pirates, and this captain could help. So after Rosa had swallowed the last of the ale she rose and followed the mariner to the captain’s cabin. Captain Horatio Johnson was at his desk, apparently plotting a course. He looked up when they entered.

“Captain, sir, this be the lady who we rescued from the Mantis.”

“Ah.”

Johnson nodded and gestured to a chair. “Please, milady, sit.”

Rosa stiffened. “I’ll stand.”

Johnson stiffened slightly as well. “As you wish. Mister Pitt, please leave us.”

“Aye, Captain.”

Pitt exited and shut the door, leaving Rosa and Johnson alone.

Johnson spoke first. “I am Captain Horatio Johnson of the Aterops, a ship of His Majesty King Robert’s fleet.”

“Rosa.”

Johnson nodded.

“How did you come to be on the Mantis?”

“I was kidnapped.”

“How?”

“I was in Port Crowne, and the coronation for the king was going on. Some brute kidnapped the princess. I followed him to the docks. I killed him. Or I thought I did. I cut his throat.”

Johnson appeared not be phased, though inwardly he was making mental notes on Rosa’s character.

“And he survived?” he asked.

“Somehow. He grabbed me by the throat and when I awoke I was on the ship with the princess.”

“I see.”

Johnson waited.

“Is that all?”

“You asked how I got on the Mantis. That’s how.”

“I see.”

“You ‘see’ a lot.” Rosa snapped, “So, where are going? When will we reach the mainland?”

“Not for a while.” replied Johnson coolly, successfully keeping his temper in check, “I am currently chasing an accomplice ship of the Mantis. I think it must be a slaver. Since last night it’s made a beeline toward Anka Dolour, and her course hasn’t deviated since.”

“So I’m stuck on here!?” Rosa demanded.

“Until I get my ship, yes.” replied Johnson.

“Megablocks!”

“Madam,” Johnson rose, fully displaying the aura of a Crusader captain, “While on the Aterops I will ask you not to use foul language on my ship. The Aterops is a clean ship, I will not tolerate disturbances. And--” he continued as Rosa started to protest, “keep in mind that you are in my debt. If it was not for the Aterops, you would still be on the pirate ship Mantis. That will be all.”

Rosa fumed inwardly, and was an inch away from bopping Johnson a good one, but deep down she knew he logic was correct. It would do her no good to blow up, save to land her in another brig. Rosa exited the captains quarters and paced along the deck. No, she wouldn’t take out her anger on the captain for being stuck on the Aterops, but if any sailor simply looked at her the wrong way she’d beat the mega blocks out of him.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Grid: J-8
Formendacil wrote:"You're welcome, Sir Dractor," replied Rodurik, who was now done his lunch. He set off back to the forge. Sir Dractor set off back to the kitchen, where he knew venison sausages were being prepared for supper.
A couple of days later, Sir Dractor and Bjarn set off across Forestman territory, off to see Shainya and Reno.

"We shouldn't be gone more than a week," Bjarn told Gonderin. "The rangers will know where to find me, if anything big happens."

"Isn't it a bit flippant of a ruler to go off on a cross-country trek, ignoring the rule of his realm?" teased Sir Dractor as they walked the forest paths leading westward.

"This is a royal tour of the realm," said Bjarn, stifling a laugh, "not some self-pleasing, life-risking adventure. In all seriousness, though, it's good for me to show a bit more of a profile outside of Drullen Bell. I'm the leader of ALL the League, not just Delvarden Gard."

"True enough," said Sir Dractor, "but you never know what might happen. Perhaps you should have taken an escort."

Bjarn laughed. "I'm in the middle of Forestmen territory, the most peaceful faction in Dametreos, with the borders closed. Besides, you're here. Who needs an escort?"

Sir Dractor smiled, and patted the battle-axe at his side. He had no armour or shield, but before leaving, he had visited the armoury and picked up an axe. You never knew...

After two days of leisurely travel, and a night spent gracing one of the local villages, they arrived at a small homestead in the middle of the Warblewood, in the western Forestmen territory. The homesteader, a fine young man missing an eye, looked up and gave a shout.

"Shainya!" he called to his wife. "We have visitors!"
Dragoman
Laborer

Post by Dragoman »

Grid: S-1

Arthus and his party had been scouting for many miles and were now on the other side of the island from where the Mauler had landed and so they were just coming out of a thick patch of forest.

As they were moving they looked about the land and its trees. Large pines were behind them and before them was the glittering light of the sun in the open air. They walked slowly in a somewhat cautious manner, hoping not to run in to anything unwelcome. And though the sun was shining, it could be said that there was a bleakness that presided with out reason and even to those who had embraced the shadows had feelings of an ominous presence.

When they took their first steps out in to the clearing they paused for a moment and stared, for no more then thirty feet away was a large cave with an entrance carved from ruby with twin pillars at both sides and it glowed like fire. There was a sense of wander about the knights at this sight. But for Arthus (who had guest what it was) stood there silently with a sense of apprehension. But Arthus hid his thoughts and feelings well and took his men and started their way back to base camp to report what they had found.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When they had returned they found the camp and the Mauler just as Theron had found it before. Arthus saw Theron still staring out in to the vastness past the shoreline and immediately he went to go speak with him.

“Lord Theron,” he said bluntly “what did this?” referring to damages.

At first Theron didn’t answer and continued to stare but just as Arthus was about to repeat himself Theron turned and said: “It was the trees, the waters, the land, the beasts, it was this vary island, but in the truest way I did this…”

Arthus stood there dumfounded, uncertain of what Theron was talking about, but after a fleeting moment of silence Arthus then spoke awkwardly: “Lord Theron, are you to blame for all of this?

“Is it that hard to comprehend” he answered “if for nothing else it was in my choices that let this happen. It was because of my ignorance which allowed us to loose the Mauler . It is because of my recklessness that I have lost more then ninety of the hundred and twenty we first setoff with. But if you want to know what administered this through my imprudence, then it was that corpulent kraken Valborg”

With that Theron then turned once again and gazed in to the distance.

“Valborg!” Arthus exclaimed “The monster said to be so huge that it has been mistaken for a small island.” Theron looked back and gave nod

“But I always believed that the tails of that horrible beast were a myth.

At these words Theron gave a great sigh and then spoke irritably: “haven’t you people learned by now that myths do not exist in Dametreos. You wound think that with the consistency of stories you hear and events that have been witnessed it would be enough proof of this, but as it seem your ignorance of your land exceeds even me.

At this Arthus had become rather offended but said nothing not wishing to show disrespect to the commander in front of what little troops they had left. He knew that with the state of moral where it was it might risk causing confusion in the chain of command and if that happened then the mission would almost certainly fail.

“What do you have to report Arthus?” Theron began again “Have you found anything of importance?”
“I have” reacted Arthus “on the other side of this island is a cave that looks like it could be the entrance to the underworld passage.”

“Good” said Theron to some extent pleased “at least it seems we have made some progress.” He then turned around again and looks back at Arthus “Gather the men together, I think it is time that I properly brief them.”

“Yes sir.”

Arthus then looked around and realized that Jedrek and his party was no where to be seen.

“Jedrek hasn’t returned?” he asked.

“No” answered Theron “but we must continues with our planes nonetheless. Don’t worry, Jedrek may be something of a fool but he can handle himself.

“It’s not Jedrek that I’m worried about.” whispered Arthus.

Just then, in the distance Theron turned and saw Jedrek making his way towards them with only two others as his company, one of which he was supporting on his shoulder and the other was limping, Jedrek however looked relatively unharmed.

“See, here he comes now” Theron boasted

as they were getting closer Theron found that the man Jedrek was assisting was Hugh.

“Hugh!?” Theron realized.
When Jedrek had reached the beach he laid Hugh on a mat that was placed there for him.

Jedrek, what happened? Began Arthus, Theron was right beside Arthus looking at Jedrek as if it was he who had just spoken.

“We were ambushed by Blood wolves.” Jedrek answered “They were every where, there had to have been at least 20 of them and they killed all but two of us, and as you can see we just barely defeated them and made it out alive. As for how we found Hugh: When we were heading back to camp we found him like this lying beside a tree trunk alone with those wounds on his legs and chest. The rest, you’ll have to ask him” (referring to Hugh)

At that Arthus then turn and knelt beside Hugh. “Hugh, can you here me?” he said. Hugh then opened his eyes.

“Hugh, what happed to this place? why were you found so far away from camp?”

Hugh breathed softly when he answered: “It killed them.”

What killed them? Arthus ask.

“I couldn’t see it… it was, too big… all I saw was its, tentacle, and it was huge…
It killed them… and when we fled in to the wood… they attack us…
Who attacked you Hugh? Arthus asked again.
It was… it wa…” Hugh then looked up at Theron with an ill-omened look “Why didn’t you tell us?” he ask, and with that Hugh breathed his last.

When Arthus had realized the Hugh had no more life in him he stood up and turned to faced Theron. “you were right about the Kraken, but it sounds like there is much more going around here then just that.

Theron then turned and while walking away he said to Arthus: “gather the men; it’s time that I explain things more thoroughly.”
Last edited by Dragoman on Tue May 17, 2005 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

First post!

Grid: N-15

Jaythus Van Hawkonus took a deep breath, as he took his first footstep outside of the Castle of Morcia in a full six years. He was clad in the traditional coloured armour of Morcia, with the sky blue suit of Talonjay and a deep purple helmet from his father. Though he was not technically a real Knight, he wore the armour to show his role as an Eastern Knights' Kingdom representative. He was also given the rank of Sir in the Kingdom, to fit with his armour. Even though he had only worn it for a few hours, since the blacksmith helped him into it, he was getting used to the rather heavy armour, but he suddenly wondered why he had his visor down, covering up his view. He slowly lifted it up, letting the cool breeze from the north wash over his face as he looked down.

Under the Castle’s shadow, beneath his boot, he felt a firm stone pathway, with some bold grass blades jutting out from beneath the cracks.

He stopped, wondering for a second, when the last time he had seen grass was. He concluded it must have been when he last looked out of the windows, but then he quickly dismissed the thought. Still, it hung in his head, prompting him to think, Has it really been this long? Surely, I can't have forgotten what grass is. he thought to himself. It's about time I got out of this place... he continued. He placed a mailed hand on the stone Castle wall beside him, though he was not sure why. He thought back to the days when he was just a young boy, running and playing in the fields of Alendan with his sister and friends, under the supervision of his watchful father, where there was only greenery to be seen, with vast forests decorating snow-capped mountains. Then he had been sent to the Castle of Morcia.

At first he had enjoyed his job as a pageboy, and all the food that came with it. The fact that the King didn't want him outside didn't bother him all too much to begin with. But gradually, he began to loathe the lack of excitement in the cold, stone Castle. He wanted to get out of the fortress confines and...

Jaythus was jolted out of his dream world by a stable boy bringing up a dull white horse from the shadows of the gates. But the man who was with the horse startled Jaythus even more.

A hulking giant of a man came striding out, ducking his head under the archway of the gates as he came out. The knight was not handsome, but had a bearded face with glossy black hair. He was clad in fierce red armour, with a massive blue sword and a red tower shield (embossed with a roaring bear) slung across his back. His voice was deep and hearty as he greeted Jaythus.

"Well, well, Jaythus Van Hawkonus, haven't you grown, going from a little pageboy to Ambassador Of The Eastern Knights' Kingdom, clad in full Talonjay armour, with a sword of the King's rank in your hand!"

"Um, hello, Sir Rufusclaw!" Jaythus stammered, as the huge knight towered over him. Giving a big chuckle, the Knight answered.

“Here, lad, call me Santis. I can’t stand all those petty little courtiers calling me Sir Rufusclaw every second. It gets on my nerves.”

Jaythus tried not to think about those who got on Santis’s nerves.

The pageboy spoke up.

“Here, Sirs, are your horses.”

Jaythus’s horse was the dull white one, whilst Santis’s was a huge specimen of a horse; a gigantic brown steed with a shaggy mane. Santis mounted his horse easily. Jaythus followed, but his was certainly harder to mount. Here I am, leaving my home forever, and I can’t even mount my own horse… He had been taught to ride in Alendan, but the years spent locked away in the Castle had dulled his skills, and now he had to get to grips with them all over again.

“Farewell then, Sirs. The King awaits you both at Barleyburg port.” the pageboy said, as he went back into the Castle.

Jaythus was stuck staring at the Castle, but Santis was ready to go.

“C’mon, lad, let’s move!”

Turning, Jaythus gave one last look at the Castle of Morcia; at the great Castle as it loomed into the sky; at its billowing flags, at the stone walls, and at the spires of the building that had been his home for six years. There were so many memories, yet he wondered why none were saying goodbye to him. Well, this’ll have to be good enough for me. he decided. The final view of the massive fortress would have to be do.

Then he and Sir Santis were off, galloping across the vast Morcian country, to Barleyburg, where King Mathias awaited them.
Last edited by Sir Kohran on Fri May 20, 2005 3:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

Grid: R-7
Loc.: Daggerfall Spire, throne room
Varras stood up and grabbed his black katana. Swift answered by unsheating his sword. The battle between the two would begin...
The two stepped in circles like two lions preparing to fight. Then, Swift made the first move. He ran at Varras an stabbed but Varras simply dodged the sword by jumping back. While he jumped back, Varras unleashed a large bolt of lightning on Swift, Swift was surprised and flew against the wall. Swift stood up and opened his hand and made a fireball, He threw it at Varras but again, Varras stopped it. Swift grew tired of this and charged at Varras, clashing their swords, Varras spoke.

"My boy, you can't win against me, you know it! But their is still a chance, join me and grow more powerfull than you can imagine!"

Swift gave a glimp at Aaylah and refused. He kicked Varras so powerfull that he flew a whole way backwards, against the throne, whom broke down. Varras jumped up and slashed over Swift's chest. A large cut was now over his chest. Swift was surprised and did some steps backwards, laying his left hand on the wound. A dark red glow came from under his hand and the wound healed, only letting a scar. Swift grinned and slashed at Varras, cutting his arm of. Now, he stretched his hand and grabbed Varras at his troath and lifted him in the air.

"You are boiling within, Swift, I can feel it, but you're refusing to use that hate against me. That woman of yours must be really precious for you if you're refusing power for such a filthy slave" Varras said with a grin on his face.
"Shut up! You're the slave around here! You're a slave of Darkness!" Swift yelled back and dropped Varras.

Varras breathed heavily and was too late to stop Swift's sword. Varras lost his other arm.

"You...will...need me...in the future" Varras said and breathed his last.
Varras fell backwards. Seconds later, a black spirit exited his body and flew away. Swift dropped his sword and ran towards Aaylah. He took her in his arms, lifted her and exited the throne room. Outside at the courtyard, the first sunbeams touched the stones, Varras' dark reign was over, the Wolf Pack was ready to heal. The soldiers stopped fighting and the soldiers that helped Swift, the Outcasts formed two large large and looked down as Swift walked between them. When he came at the end of the two "hedges", he looked back and the men yelled:

"Hail Lord Khorne, hail Lady Aaylah, we are with our lives in their debt"

Many roaring came down from Daggerfall's massive walls, where the battle had also been fought.

"Brave warriors of the Wolf Pack" Swift began "you have fought valiant today, you have secured a new future for the Wolfpack! Now, the throne is empty again, ready for the King of the Three Daggers to mount it again"

Again, many roarings came.

"Now, let us feast!"

More roarings.
Swift turned and walked towards the House of the Claw, a druid sick bay. He was happy in some way, the war was over and Aaylah was with him.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Formendacil wrote:After two days of leisurely travel, and a night spent gracing one of the local villages, they arrived at a small homestead in the middle of the Warblewood, in the western Forestmen territory. The homesteader, a fine young man missing an eye, looked up and gave a shout.

"Shainya!" he called to his wife. "We have visitors!"
J-8

As Reno Regga dropped the axe he was had been using to chop wood with, Shainya appeared at the doorway of the small, thatched house.

"Bjarn! Sir Dractor!" she cried, and rushed forward. Before the big knight could react, she had embraced him. Reno laughed and shook Bjarn’s hand firmly.

"It is an honor, to be deemed worthy a visit by the Elk Man..." he smiled.

Bjarn chuckled, then coughed as Shainya in her turn embraced him.

"You look downright naked without your armor." commented Reno as he shook Sir Dractor's hand.

"I feel naked." admitted Sir Dractor, but I hope to have that soon fixed."

Bjarn managed to pry himself away from Shainya to inspect the surroundings.

"So this is the Regga Ranch, eh? Prime location, indeed."

Reno shrugged, smiling. "Well, you said pick a spot in Forestmen territory, and the moment we saw this spot we fell in love with it. This cottage was already here, and I just added that lean-to for the chickens..."

With the newlyweds hand-in-hand and Bjarn and Sir Dractor following they showed off the homestead, from the small gurgling stream nearby to Shainya's vegetable garden. Bjarn bent down to break off a lettuce leaf and sample a bite.

"Delicious."

Reno offered, "Take a head or two. There's way too much for just the two of us."

Shainya said, "Try the beans too. I'll go inside and fix some tea."

"I'll help." offered Sir Dractor.

When they were alone, Bjarn put his arm around Reno and said, "Reno, my boy, I envy you."

Reno blushed.

"I'm almost still in shock, really..." he admitted, "Two years ago I was a wanderer, a vagrant. I ate when I could, sometimes stealing to get by. I had no friends. Then I met Barbod, then you, and all the other Misfits. Then, through you, I met Shainya. And everything changed."

Bjarn smiled. "Being a Misfit changed everyone. You and Aros were rejoined. Barbod got his kingdom back. Willem and Graygon have become fast friends. I’m now the leader of the Forestmen. And Drakko…Drakko’s the Prime Minister of the Black Falcons.”

Reno started.

“Prime Minister?”

“It’s a long story…I’ll tell you over tea.”
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Valric laughed. After a few minutes he told Theodore about what had happened. When he was finished, Theodore asked, "so what do you intend to do now?"
G-8 The Road back to Castleton

“I’m not sure, the last thing he said was the sorcerer Pythos was at some Fright Knight Castle… From what I’ve heard of him, he’s your sterotipical wizard!” He scowled.

“Aye, the good kind seem to be in small supply these days.’ Muttered Theodore.

“Weigraf said he was up to no good, considering what he did to him, this may be something worth worrying about.”

Valric was lost in thought. Over seven years ago this summer he had left Dametreos. It had all started in Castle Dracul…

The party of knights galloped down the road to Castleton at a slow pace. A tall kindly villager pulled out his wagon, for the knights to take their fallen back to Castleton. Theodore, Valric and the seven surviving knights rode along side on horseback.

The one chap minus the arm was probley the most stuborn of the lot. He made it clear the wound wouldn’t slow him down. The other with the chest wound was pale and hunched in his saddle, but in good enough health.

The group made it up to the gates of Castleton several hours later. The corpses were taken away and the knights limped off in the direction healer.

Valric leapt off his horse.”Well this is at least one weight off my shoulder” he said swinging his sword fondly.

“Aye” nodded Theodore “I expect King Kjeld will want a report on this…encounter.”

The man who lent them the wagon turned to them “Well I’ll beh geing nah General Colger, Lord Valric.” He clambered onto his wagon and was off.
SavaTheAggie
Lord Sava of Aggie

Post by SavaTheAggie »

Grid: A-1

"Secure that hold!" Captain Harden shouted over the roar of the wind. The large vessel was being tossed like a bath toy in the fourty foot swells. It had been an easy voyage these past two months, Captain Harden had begun to think a little too easy.

"Where did this storm come from?!" Trib called out to his Captain. The first mate had a right to be confused; they all were. This time of year was never known for storms, and particularly ones of this magnitude.

"The rigging is secure, the hatches are closed, all we can do is wait it out!" He replied, holding on to his hat firmly. The rain was like a torrent of needles coming at them from every direction. The two men grabbed hold of a railing as the ship crested a large swell and began plummetting down the back side, slamming into the one behind it.

"How can he just stand there?" Trib growled at the dark figure on the other side of the ship. Their lone passenger, this wanderer, had not moved an inch since the storm had began. His hands gripped the railing in front of him, his feet planted firmly, the only sign he wasn't a statue was his cloak flapping wildly with the wind.

"Keep your hand on that wheel, Mr. Bimmley!" Captain Harden called out, "It's as if the sea itself is angry with us!"

"Perhaps not at us, Cap'n!" Trib shouted in reply, pointing at their passenger.

---

It made no difference how much they whispered or shouted between each other, he had heard nearly every little thing they had said about him during the entire voyage. It mattered little to him, though, he had long since grown passed caring what others said about him.

'It seems like the wanderer isn't welcome in Dametreos,' he thought to himself, watching as the ship crested yet another swell. The pounding rain stung his face, but it was a welcome sensation. It was better to feel something than nothing at all.

A sharp SNAP caused him to turn around in a flash. The base of the huge main mast of the ship had just cracked and was beginning to fall to the side. One of the crewmen began to scream as the mast pulled the rope he had in his hand up off the ground with he along with it. Fear and shock had cemented his hand to the rope, and there wasn't anything the man could do otherwise.

In an instant the cloaked figure drew his rapier and cleaved the rope in time for the crewman to fall hard against the deck, mere feet from the railing. The mast slammed into the water, twisting and groaning against the last remaining fibers still attached to its' base. All of the motion began warping and cracking the beams on the deck, threatening to tear the whole ship apart.

"Cut it loose!" Captain Harden cried out, drawing an axe from it's hook. The crew quickly severed the mast, but not before a few large beams of the deck lay cracked and splintered.

It was too late, however. The twisting and tugging on the base of the main mast had taken its' toll on the ship. A small hole had been punched out of the hull and was letting in a constant gush of water. With every passing moment, the ship sat lower and lower into the water. Every new wave the ship drove into covered more and more of the deck as the ship struggled to stay afloat.

Falling down the backside of one wave and slamming into the next, more cracking could be heard from the belly of the ship as the hull began to break apart. The bow of the ship dug into the base of the wave, holding it down as the wave crested above it. In an instant, the wave engulfed the ship, blasting it to splinters.
[url=http://www.ikros.net][img]http://www.ikros.net/links/ikrosbuttonsmall.jpg[/img][/url]

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.