New Set (G678)

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Magnus
Artisan

bleh

Post by Magnus »

Ugh. Not only may these figs be glued, but they are in terrible colors - especially the light blue dudes.

Crusaders vs. Black Falcons would have been the way to go.

I really wish I could be excited about something like this, but I wish LEGO would concentrate their castle related stuff towards something more focussed on actually building castles and medieval buildings. As a die hard castlehead, I am more excited about the new Jawa Sandcrawler - it proves that LEGO can still make kick Megablocks sets.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Less than 24 hours, and four pages in!

I hope, hope, hope!, that this set (at least the figs) is not glued. If they're not glued, it has my vote for best set of 2005, topping even the best KK2 II and Vikings.

Seriously, this will be a wicked set if unglued!

But, as I noted in the "No Glue" thread in Dear LEGO, if these be glued, then they can forget me buying them.
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

Wow. The only pro to this set is all the shadow/Johnny Thunder knights. They're awesome. The queen on the blue side has a lotta potential too.

It would be ashame if LEGO did something stupid like glue the people together, and if that is the case they probably won't sell one to me. But, if they were glued together that wouldnt be too bad because you can still play with the minifigures. I think they'd be ok as long as you can remove their weapons from their hands, their arms move, their legs move and their heads turn.
It's a Christmas Miracle!
DarkDotDotDotMan
Laborer

Post by DarkDotDotDotMan »

*whistles* Oooooo... Even if it is glued, I still want one of these...
The thing I've been pondering about is... doesn't it cost more to actually glue the pieces together? Glue isn't exactly free...

I have to leave and get more tissues to wipe up my drool from looking at this set...
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

WOW!

What happened?? I've never seen so posts so quickly!!! :-P

Amazing... the CC folks smell fresh meat. ;-)

I think that as long as the the arms, legs and heads move, this is a great value (I don't think many of us plan to really chop up shadow knights that much, and if we do, there are still the other sets).

For the price, you get so many cool figs - it's like the ulitmate minifig pack! And actually, I'll have a hard time looking at anyone else as the true Vladek after seeing this one with his dead... eh... companion?

Seems a little Norman Bates, huh? :-P
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

davee123 wrote:So, if 167 is correct, then ... SOMETHING's glued. If the board is glued, then the minifgs probably aren't. If the board ISN'T glued, then something's wrong. 65 board piecs + 32 figure pieces does NOT equal 167 pieces. So no matter what, SOME pieces aren't glued in the figures, again, assuming that 167 pieces means what we think it means. I wouldn't actually count on that, myself.

Some nice observations there. Indeed, if the board was glued (making it 1 piece instead of 65), then it is not out of the question that the minifigs are properly constructed. That being said, why would LEGO glue 64 4x4 plates to a baseplate when they could have just printed the chessboard onto the actual baseplate instead.

Unfortunately, it is possible for the minifigs to be glued (or screwed) together :cry: . If you break it down carefully, you will find that by treating the minifigs as single pieces, the piece count seems to work out to be exactly 167.

Breaking the set down:

32 White 4x4 tiles
32 Black 4x4 tiles
8 Axes
8 Crossbows
32 Bricks (each Rook is made of 8 bricks)
1 Baseplate
2 Antenna
2 1x1 cones
2 jewels
24 Minifigs
2 Swords Gold
2 Swords Red
16 Bricks (I originally thought the Knights were 5 bricks, but now believe that they are 4)
2 Lightsaber pieces
2 shields

=167 total.

Unfortunately, it seems entirely possible that the minifigs are in fact a single piece.

That being said, I truly hope that this is NOT the case, as I really don't like those light blue helmets! These guys would make a great faction.
CAI
Journeyman

Post by CAI »

Why wouldn't this be released in North America?..maybe it will...around christmas.

I hope to get one, and more if the figs are not glued. Even if they are, they can still be used in mocs..not like they have a steel chain growing out of there heads. :D

Hope for the best.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Cyin]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Webrain
Journeyman

Post by Webrain »

WOW!!!

Well I always wanted to make something like that. Probably it was the last theme to pick for it though. Even though they glued etc. this probably means that the rest of the figures will maybe appear in later sets. I have to admit I'm not too fund of the Rook and the Knight pieces, I expected something much better from them. I'd love to have one no doubt but it seems to be a bit pricy for this kind of set.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Frodo: It's sticky! What is it!?

Gollum: You'll see...Oh, yes, you will see...

:lol:

Seriously, I'm praying that this doesn't have glue. Please, Lego, please.

Well, the set will be at my home in a few days. Then the truth will be stuck with us...forever!
Dragoman
Laborer

Post by Dragoman »

Well if nothing else, I would have myself a new chess set, and boy do I love chess! :D

But I think that would really be stupid to glue Legos together. I haven’t done that since I was six! :wink: Well, if you don’t count that decals insistent I had.:lol:
"a man will give his life for a mystery, but not a question mark."
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

According to Jan Beyer, the "German Jake McKee" (i.e. a LEGO employee with similiar function in community bounding) the figs and accessories are not glued. The board, however, is.
If you are able to read German....:
http://f24.parsimony.net/forum61776/messages/101765.htm

Bye
Jojo
 This is just the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

Jojo wrote:Hello!

According to Jan Beyer, the "German Jake McKee" (i.e. a LEGO employee with similiar function in community bounding) the figs and accessories are not glued. The board, however, is.
If you are able to read German....:
http://f24.parsimony.net/forum61776/messages/101765.htm

Bye
Jojo
Awesome news! Jojo, let us know for sure after you get yours. If these really aren't glued then it is the best minifig pack ever (even with the light blue stuff) and I will probably try to get three.

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

haha how awsome is jojo?
hahahah

If this is correct then....well..........SWEET
all those shadow knight *drool*

cant wait!
Suvied
Laborer

Post by Suvied »

Remember that Euro armor, sheilds, and possibly helmet visors count as pieces. Each Minifig consits of torso with head, legs, and headgear. Each mini is then three pieces plus a weapon/item. Add in armor, shields and the other brick built parts and you should get 167.
There is someone who is always worse off than you . . . consider my peasants for example.
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!
timber_wolf899 wrote:haha how awsome is jojo?!
I'm not awesome. I'm just nearer to The Source™, that is Billund/Denmark. And so is Jan Beyer as he is working in Billund for Holy Mother LEGO herself. :-)

Bye
Jojo
 This is just the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill