What is the Classic-Castle... ugh... C6 Contest? I'm glad you asked!
Category 1: Chess Piece
Create a single chess piece, any medieval style theme. This would include Castle, Ninja, Ancients, etc.
Category 2: Chess set
Create all 16 pieces needed for one Chess faction. This includes 8 pawns, 2 rooks, 2 knights, 2 bishops, 1 queen and 1 king. Any medieval style theme is allowed.
- All pieces MUST be compatible with the new LEGO chess board. That means the base of each piece must NOT exceed or overlap a 4x4 stud square.
- Each piece must NOT exceed or overlap a 1 stud margin in any direction beyond the 4x4 base.
- To make it abundantly clear, since some are missing it: The base of each piece can't be bigger than a 4x4 square. The rest of the piece cannot be bigger than a 6x6 square and cannot go beyond 1 stud past the 4x4 base restriction.
- Chess set entries must be able to be placed on the LEGO chess board without its pieces tipping each other over in any configuration.
- There is no height restriction.
- There is no piece restriction.
- Colors count - try to be coordinated.
- You may enter up to two entries in the two categories.
- LDraw images are acceptable but these entries must use readily available pieces, not large quantities of rare pieces, colors, or figures.
***Submit entries by replying to the entries post found HERE. If you have more than one picture for your entry, please only post one picture in this thread and link to your offsite gallery of other images.***
***Please limit posted images in this thread to 400x400 pixels. Larger images may be used for greater detail, but must be only linked to offsite, and may not exceed 800x600 pixels.***
***Larger pictures than 800x600 may disqualify the entry.***
-Category 1: Chess Piece
---Set #2586 Chess King
-Category 2: Chess set
---Set #2586 Chess King
---25% off any one order (up to $25) at Troy's Surplus LEGO
CC will ship prizes USPS Priority up to $4 to anywhere in the USA. Winners outside the USA and/or where shipping is more than $4 will pay the difference.
Midnight (CC server time) July 6, 2005
The Classic-Castle.com admins will decide the winner(s), and thus are ineligable to enter.
Winners will be decided using a simple voting system.
Good luck and Leg Godt!
The admins reserve the right to change the rules, deadline and anything else regarding to this contest for any reason at any time.