10%
The Lost Stars Chronicle
20%

Total votes: 10

Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Favorite CCRP Epic

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Now that I've gotten all the Archives up-to-date, I was wondering: What is your favorite completed epic? Please explain why!

:D
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Oooohhhh...it'll have to be the BloodVaine Epic, simply for being very well-written, and having such a large effect on the world overall.
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Good poll!
Sir Kohran wrote:Oooohhhh...it'll have to be the BloodVaine Epic, simply for being very well-written, and having such a large effect on the world overall.
I agree with that and it is the only one completed that truly is an epic. That and it has the biggest war :mrgreen:
It has over a hundred chapters, that makes it as big as five regular epics combined.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Lost Star Chronicles.

Huh, you say? You mean that Formendacil isn't voting for his own epic, the Quest for the Wizardsbane, or for the BVE (nassty, fat epic.)

I don't have perfect memories of the Lost Stars, and it dragged quite a bit, and the beginning was not perfect, but the ending...

That was an ending.

And I had a ton of fun writing those posts in the Temple.

A ton of fun.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

TheOrk wrote:Good poll!
Sir Kohran wrote:Oooohhhh...it'll have to be the BloodVaine Epic, simply for being very well-written, and having such a large effect on the world overall.
I agree with that and it is the only one completed that truly is an epic. That and it has the biggest war :mrgreen:
It has over a hundred chapters, that makes it as big as five regular epics combined.
Quite right. It was a great idea that was written when the roleplay was at a high point, with lots of members often posting and unique characters being created. What's more, it involved almost all the characters and kingdoms at the time, creating a good world-affecting effect, which meant that alll the roleplayers kneww each other almost as well as their characters. It's a time and state that I wish I could visit. Well, time-travel might be invented in my lifetime...if I'm not senile by then... :lol:
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Formendacil wrote:I don't have perfect memories of the Lost Stars, and it dragged quite a bit, and the beginning was not perfect, but the ending...

That was an ending.

A ton of fun.
I agree, and this is what I voted for. The beging of the epic was slow do to having to tack all the BVE-cleanup posts onto it, but once the Fellowship got out of Drullen Bell things really got rolling, and I think it got even better (if I do say so myself) when Hans and Gib entered and played their part. And the ending had to be the best ever.

The Lost Stars Chonicle is the perfect example of what should be the perfect roleplay: a good balance of characters, at least three members posting at a time, with some parts planned out, but other parts just completely going with the flow.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:
Formendacil wrote:I don't have perfect memories of the Lost Stars, and it dragged quite a bit, and the beginning was not perfect, but the ending...

That was an ending.

A ton of fun.
I agree, and this is what I voted for. The beging of the epic was slow do to having to tack all the BVE-cleanup posts onto it, but once the Fellowship got out of Drullen Bell things really got rolling, and I think it got even better (if I do say so myself) when Hans and Gib entered and played their part. And the ending had to be the best ever.

The Lost Stars Chonicle is the perfect example of what should be the perfect roleplay: a good balance of characters, at least three members posting at a time, with some parts planned out, but other parts just completely going with the flow.
I suppose, in many ways, the Lost Stars Chronicle signified the end of thhe classic roleplay style: Bjarn, one of the oldest and most important characters in the roleplay, retired. Nik, the founder of the roleplay, left. Reno and Shainya, now married, settled down. BloodVaine, the most powerful villain, was finally gone. The Pendants, part of the first real plot back in 2004, were destroyed. In an odd sort of a way, it was a closing plot, the last adventure in a fading era. Now a new era is upon us, and new members. May they achieve the same greatness someday. 8)
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

I suppose, in many ways, the Lost Stars Chronicle signified the end of thhe classic roleplay style: Bjarn, one of the oldest and most important characters in the roleplay, retired. Nik, the founder of the roleplay, left. Reno and Shainya, now married, settled down. BloodVaine, the most powerful villain, was finally gone. The Pendants, part of the first real plot back in 2004, were destroyed. In an odd sort of a way, it was a closing plot, the last adventure in a fading era. Now a new era is upon us, and new members. May they achieve the same greatness someday. 8)
Thats what I was thinking. There were three big stages in the history of the RP.

The Misfits era/Fell War-This was the first part where the storylines weren't as well detailed.

Rest-As either Nate or Mike said monthes back, the different storylines developed into the BVP and all the epics that came from that and before.

Now-Alot of the old chars are stagnant and many old players are gone. We have a bunch of new RPers and a whole batch of new chars and storylines we'll just have to wait and see where this goes.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

TheOrk wrote:
Thats what I was thinking. There were three big stages in the history of the RP.

The Misfits era/Fell War-This was the first part where the storylines weren't as well detailed.

Rest-As either Nate or Mike said monthes back, the different storylines developed into the BVP and all the epics that came from that and before.

Now-Alot of the old chars are stagnant and many old players are gone. We have a bunch of new RPers and a whole batch of new chars and storylines we'll just have to wait and see where this goes.
Hmm, yes, good point. Though I'd split it more into this:

Misfits of Dametreos Era:

Little in the way of backstory was written down, and there was no background for the universe. In fact, the land itself wasn't even planned. The story was just characters adventuring in a Castle World. It was very open-ended.

Return of the Bulls/Dragonlust/Fell War Era:

The land started to form. Towns and islands developed. The first ruling characters were created. The Misfits split up, and went on to other journeys.

BloodVaine/Lost Stars Era:

Dametreos became a proper world. The factions and kingdoms became cemented and real. It was also the first time that an invading force threatened to destroy the whole world.

Present Era:

Most of the old characters have moved on or settled down, and become legends in their own rights. The factions have eveolved more. The story continues...
Last edited by Sir Kohran on Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
the_great_one
Artisan

Post by the_great_one »

Sir Kohran wrote:
TheOrk wrote:

Little in the way of backstory was written down, and there was no background for the universe. In fact, the land itself wasn't even planned. The story was just characters adventuring in a Castle World. It was very open-ended.

The land started to form. Towns and islands developed. The first ruling characters were created. The Misfits split up, and went on to other journeys.

Dametreos became a proper world. The factions and kingdoms became cemented and real. It was also the first time that an invading force threatened to destroy the whole world.

Present Era:

Most of the old characters have movedo n or settled down, and become legends in their own rights. The factions have eveolved more. The story continues...
Yes.. at the beggining it was a bit of fun to pass the time, without a real world, real charachters, and little members.

Then Nathan and Brian joined, and it really began to pick up as more and more members began to join.

I Look back at the first post i ever made, and i look now, and i just say one thing to my self.

WOW.
[url=http://www.google.com]Your Greatest Friend[/url]
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

the_great_one wrote:
Sir Kohran wrote:
TheOrk wrote: Thats what I was thinking. There were three big stages in the history of the RP.

Present Era:

Most of the old characters have movedo n or settled down, and become legends in their own rights. The factions have eveolved more. The story continues...
Yes.. at the beggining it was a bit of fun to pass the time, without a real world, real charachters, and little members.

Then Nathan and Brian joined, and it really began to pick up as more and more members began to join.

I Look back at the first post i ever made, and i look now, and i just say one thing to my self.

WOW.
Blimey, it's Nikos Dametreos! He's back! A pleasure to meet you, the CCRP creator, at last, sir!

BTW, did you know that Reno's gonna be a father soon? :wink:
the_great_one
Artisan

Post by the_great_one »

Hello :)

And pleased to meet you, as well :)

Yes, i am reading up on the RP in all the spare time i have ;)

- Nikos
[url=http://www.google.com]Your Greatest Friend[/url]
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Very interesting discussions on the "Eras", Ork and Kohlan. In fact, they are both similar to what I use:

Misfits Era
(Included epics: Misfits Of Dametreos and Misfits Of Dametreos II)
The dawn of the roleplay. Nothing was planned. Nothing was plotted out. Heck, even for the first ten posts or so, there wasn't even a map. There was no Gaming Admin, and there were no Gaming Mods. Rules were vague, and posting took place in a single, bulky thread. This era was dominated by the adventures of the Misfits, and while other posters attempted to play, they soon stopped posting. The Misfits Era was a chaotic time, but it was a fun time as well.

Pre-BloodVaine Era
(Included epics: The Fell War, Dragonlust, Return Of The Bulls)
I think one can fairly say the Pre-BloodVaine Era was started by the entrance of the (in)famous characters Breck Silandro and Radjar Kath, and their creator Daimyo. Now the 'happy' (for lack of a better word) feeling in the roleplay was diminished somewhat as the Misfits broke apart and a large amount of the old posters left. Daimyo became the dominate poster, and was quick to start up a war, which wasn't well received by the older roleplayers. As the Fell War grew, the remaining old roleplayers attempted to get on their feet again by creating two luke-warm plots which evolved into Dragonlust and the Return Of The Bulls. Eventually the Fell War sputtered out, as did the other two epics, and the seeds of the BloodVaine War were sown.

BloodVaine Era
(Included epics: The BloodVaine Epic)
Ah yes, the BloodVaine Epic. The big one. The really big one. The uber-big one. The biggest epic so far, so big that it gets a whole era to itself! A lot happened in this epic, some good, some bad. Old members vanished, new members joined. Plots were mixed and blended and combined, while others were delayed and diverted, while others were killed. A ton of characters evolved, and a decent amount died in the process. The roleplaying of King characters controlling nations was popular. Lots of chaos. Exciting at the beginning, fun at the middle, tedious by the end, the BloodVaine Epic is like no other. And I don’t think there’ll be one like it again.

Post-BloodVaine Era
(Included epics: The War Within The Wolfpack, Walf’s Adventure, Quest For The Wizardsbane, Peregrine Politics, The Lost Stars Chronicle)
This era could also be called the Mop-Up Era. All of the about plots either were cleaning up details and loose ends left by the BloodVaine Epic, or were trying regain momentum after they were shunted aside by the War. This is also when major fragmenting began: where each member took up their own plot and roleplaying it themselves, with little aid from other members. This Era also saw the vanishing of most of the old roleplayers, and a influx of new blood. Also, many of the old ‘classic’ characters either died, retired, got married, or went off on unrecorded adventures. This Era also saw a major restructuring of the rules, and the introduction of a new type of character: the Moderator Non-Player Character.

Present Day (As yet an unnamed Era)
(Included epics: All uncompleted and/or archived epics)
There isn’t really much I can say about this era until it’s “complete”.

And there you have it: the Classic Castle Roleplay Eras. Now, I need to stop talking and get back to roleplaying!