Classic-Castle Roleplay: July 2005

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Grid: J-10

Prince Radjar Kath, Commander of the Dark Forest Armies and hero of the Fell War, was talking with his old friend, Captain Fraun Jerlock.

"Things aren't like they used to be, are they?" said Radjar. "I feel like an old man, sometimes, when I look at all the new faces in Hemlock Stronghold. Half the people weren't there a year ago."

"I know what you mean," said Fraun gravely. "The war really shook things up. It's odd. After the Fell War, we thought that our bands of heroes would be the leaders and veterans for years, but now the deeds of the Fell War have fallen into complete obscurity what with the BloodVaine War."

"Or even the Wolfpack Civil War," said Radjar gloomily. "Especially with the young people. They have no attention span. Their heroes are men such as Master Lhorn, over there."

Radjar nodded over at Lhorn and Aaylah, and Fraun frowned.

"A problem?" asked Radjar.

"Aaylah," said Fraun. "I don't know what's gotten into that girl. She seems to fall for the most dangerous types. That Swift... He was all right, I suppose, but getting her pregnant, and then killing her baby... And I don't even know where the man is these days."

Radjar nodded.

"She seems to have taken up with this Lhorn quite quickly," he noted. "How well does she know him?"

"Not as well as I'd like," replied Fraun, in his protective brother mode. "I just hope she waits a while before getting intimate..."

"Until she's married, say!" laughed Radjar loudly.
Formendacil wrote:"Here you go," he said, handing Sir Dractor the bottle and tray. Sir Dractor set the tray down, and opened the bottle- a 1986 Guardendia Innis, and poured three goblets of wine. He handed one to Bjarn and one to Thomas.

"Cheers!" he said, and took a deep swing of his wine. Bjarn took a somewhat smaller one, and Thomas took a mere sip.
"An excellent wine," said Bjarn, savouring the taste. "Probably as expensive as all megablox, though. Have you had much wine, Thomas?"

"Not really," admitted Thomas, "in Hemmerington, it's mostly ale and beer. I'll admit that I prefer either."

"Me too!" said Bjarn, "but I've an educated enough palate to appreciate this fine vintage."

"I don't know," said Sir Dractor, queasily. "Something about it doesn't seem to agree with me."

Sir Dractor's head was starting to ache, and his hands were a little achy as well. Looking at the room, it seemed to swim slightly.

"Sir Dractor," said Thomas, "you're starting to look a little green."

"Must have drank it too fast," said Sir Dractor, but his stomach had started to pitch, and he was rocking back and forth, unable to stand.

"Aethelred, my friend," said Bjarn, "you look atrocious!"

Then, in the pit of Sir Dractor's stomach, it began. The contents of his very fine dinner began to toss and turn, and it was only a matter of time before the big knight lost it.

"Gonna puke..." Sir Dractor started for the doors, Thomas and Bjarn in tow, but his walk was unsteady, and the movement only made it worse. He had barely gone ten yards when his muscles contracted, and up came the vomit. His balance off, he lurched forward, spewing a whole dinner of puke all over Radjar Kath.

Sir Dractor collapsed on the ground, clutching his stomach. Around him, people were backing away, and Thomas and Bjarn were looking a little ill at ease as they rushed up. Meanwhile, Radjar's hair and doublet were completely covered in the acidic puke, a large puddle of which had also collected on the floor around where he was standing.

"Ugh!" cried Radjar. "Dractor! What in Chodan's name??"

Aaylah Jerlock and Lhorn Bloodseeker chose that moment to catch sight of Fraun and Radjar and ran up, not seeing the puddle of puke. Running into it at a goodly speed, Aaylah wiped out on it, knocking Lhorn in the knees, and sending him to the floor as well.

"Gross!" Aaylah was saying, but the crowd couldn't hear her over the voice of Bjarn, who had felt for Sir Dractor's temperature, and discovered that he was both feverish and shaking.

"A healer!" he shouted in his loudest voice. "We need a healer!"

Charles Augustine broke off his conversation with Vanderdious and rushed over, soon joined by two healers of the Emperor's staff.

"This is not good..." one of the Classic healers was saying. "Get him to the infirmary!" he ordered Thomas, Bjarn, Hans, and Vander, who were all standing nearby. "You," he told Adrian, "go ahead and get them all onduty. This is a bad case."

"I'll go," said Hans, "I know the way, you don't."

"I'll go with you," said Cate, to Hans pleasure.

"Is he going to make it?" asked Thomas.

"I have no idea," said the healer, honestly. "I've never seen such a case!"

"What is it?" asked Bjarn. The healers looked at each other in bewilderment.

"No idea," said another.

~~~~~~~~~

From his seat, Vækadær could just see a commotion arising, and his sharp hearing had just caught the sound of a rather violent vomiting.

Excellent. His plan was working. Soon, Lord Marshal Elbadar would be very sick- and vulnerable- or very dead. He smiled as the healers and several volunteers made their way quickly out of the Ballroom, clearing a way for the stretcher.

Then Elbadar walked past the table, chatting amiably with a Crusader admiral, about passage to the Fell Isle.

Vækadær frowned. If that was not Elbadar on the stretcher, then it meant that someone else had used the goblet, and taken ill. This was not what was supposed to happen.
Last edited by Formendacil on Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

The Green Knight wrote:“No! Wait!” Dale screamed aloud, groping out for something to stop his rapid slide. Skirts, trousers, anything. Many dancers there were who suddenly found their feet swept out from underneath them and fell crashing to the polished floor. And if they weren’t too stunned from the fall, they heard the unfinished name Dale called out as his invisible form belly-slid through the yellow wall.

“Shain—

Couples were muttering among themselves. Others were huffily getting off the floor. Reno and Shainya were both pale, whispering among one another…

But Dale saw none of this. He was lying on his back, outside, shivering. And standing above him, holding Reno’s old cursed, rusted, blood-stained sword, was a man. An old man. An old man with a beard. An old man with a beard and a staff in one hand. An old man with a beard and a staff in one hand and a monkey perched on his shoulder.

Now, there are many old men in Dametreos. Lots of them have beards. A good amount of them have staffs. But very few have monkeys perched on their shoulders. In fact, I only know of one. And he is a wizard. A very powerful one. His name is Daner Pluto.

“Hello, Dale.”
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

"Tyco," muttered Aiden under his breath. The beautiful lady he had seen was gone some where.

Fortunately for him, several, just as attractive, ladies were staring at him, in the obvious hopes of a dance.

Moving toward the best looking one, Aiden made the most elegant of bows, equal to Vanderdious's. He then swept the lady onto the dance floor.

After swooning several classic ladies in a row, Aiden was taking a quick breather when he saw the same lady he had seen on entering run past. She was with a man her own age, but Aiden ignored that. They both seemed in a hurry, but the man more so than the lady.

Stepping into the path of the lady, he bowed his most gracious of bows. The man, apparently to engrossed in his task, continued moving, not noticing that his friend had been snatched away from him.

"Fair lady," began Aiden in his most charming of voices. "Would thoust honor me with the next dance?"

The lady however, didn't seem in any mood to dance. Rather to catch up with her friend.

"Excuse me sir, but I need to go."

"But most gracious lady, we have just met. Could you break our friendship so soon." Said Aiden, ignoring the fact that their friendship consisted of ten words.

The lady replied, "Sorry sir, but I have to go." And in a very forceful manner, Cate Slacs-Sicl left the bruised Aiden and ran to catch up with Hans.

"Hmmph!" snorted Aiden. "One might think that for a moment, she actually didn't want to dance with me."

-------------------

Kae-Os wove amongst the dancers with as much fluidity as the best of them. He could feel his quarry was close. But at such near range, and with so many people, it was impossible to tell which person he was. The elf would have to rely on his own intuition.

Suddenly, the elf spotted a likely prospect. Weaving through the dancers, an almost to perfect looking man walked. Kae-Os' vision was suddenly obstructed for a moment as a group of people passed between him and the man. When they passed, the man was no were to be seen. Several girls wondered giggling around, but the beautiful man had vanished as though he were a ghost.

Knowing that he had shifted, Kae-Os started looking for a new person. He soon found it in the form of one of the giggling girls. The one at the end of the group just seemed wrong to the elf. He started moving toward her. But before he got far, a drunken knight careened into him.

Pushing the drunk away, Kae-Os looked vainly for the girl. She, like the man, had disappeared.

Inwardly cursing, Kae-Os continued through the crowd, looking for someone out of the ordinary.
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Formendacil wrote:"A healer!" he shouted in his loudest voice. "We need a healer!"

Charles Augustine broke off his conversation with Vanderdious and rushed over, soon joined by two healers of the Emperor's staff.
Hans and Adrian looked up.

“What’s going on?” snapped Hans.

Adrian stood and peered.

“Oh tyco!” he said, “Something’s wrong with Sir Dractor!”

“What???”

Hans and Adrian leapt to their feet and rushed forward, nearly bumping into Cate, who was already there, looking pale.
Formendacil wrote:"This is not good..." one of the Classic healers was saying. "Get him to the infirmary!" he ordered Thomas, Bjarn, Hans, and Vander, who were all standing nearby. "You," he told Adrian, "go ahead and get them all on duty. This is a bad case."

"I'll go," said Hans, "I know the way, you don't."

"I'll go with you," said Cate, to Hans’ pleasure.

"Is he going to make it?" asked Thomas.
as Hans and Cate dashed off and Bjarn and Vanderdious, along with the aid of Adrian, hoisted the big knight onto their shoulders.
Formendacil wrote: "I have no idea," said the healer, honestly. "I've never seen such a case!"

"What is it?" asked Bjarn. The healers looked at each other in bewilderment.

"No idea," said another.
Hans and Cate cut sharply across the dance floor, which now was thoroughly disrupted and beginning to devolve into chaos. Hans was slightly ahead. His mammoth hat had fallen off his head and his for-show sword banged at his legs. Cate was behind, due to her cumbersome dress. However, suddenly, she was stopped dead by a man who stepped rudely in front of her. Hans didn’t notice, and kept on running.

“Fair lady,” began the man charmingly, “Would thou honor me with the next dance?”

Cate stamped her foot in annoyance.

“Excuse me sir, but I need to go.” she snapped. Any other time she would have accepted, but couldn’t the fool see she was trying to help someone?

“But most gracious lady, we have just met. Could you break our friendship so soon?” pressed the man.

“Friendship!” Cate snorted, and push past the man.

She lifted her skirts high and continued her dash.

Hans made it first to the infirmary, a large, trim-looking wing of the Yellow Castle not far from the Archives. But it was desperately far from the Ballroom. Hans came crashing into the room, gasping. The tile floor was slick, scrubbed so clean it was like a mirror, and Hans gained little or no traction as he attempted to stop. He smashed into the Chief Warden’s desk, sending the man’s inkwell and plotter to the floor.

“Young man!” cried the Chief Warden, aghast, “What is the meaning of this!”

“Drac -- Dractor -- sick!” gasped out Hans, clutching a painful stitch in his side.

“I beg pardon?” said the Chief Warden. He had heard the word ‘sick’, and was quickly forgetting his smashed ink bottle, “Speak, boy, what is a matter?”

“Dractor…” continued Hans, “At the Ball…he’s sick…”

At that moment Cate dashed into the room, slipped on the over-slick floor, and fell with a thump.

“OW!” she burst out, then cried, “Oh, sir, you must help!”

The Chief Warden might have seemed a aloof man to some, but he was not unkind, and he was very good at his job. He knew when an emergency loomed.

“Matron!” snapped the Chief Warden, “Prepare a bed! Rouse the healers and get set out water -- washcloths -- the lot! We’re going to have a sick man on our hands!”

The Matron and her gaggle of nurses sprung to work while the Chief Warden continued to shout orders. Hans bent over and pulled Cate to her feet. At that moment, Bjarn and Vanderdious entered, carrying a stinking and limp Sir Dractor. They were followed by Thomas, Adrian, Reno, Shainya, Aros and Luxus.

“Watch the floor!” both Hans and Cate cried.

After a bit of sliding, Bjarn and Vanderdious managed to deposit the big knight onto a bed. Nurses and healers swarmed about him, while the Chief Warden began to interrogate the witnesses on what had happened.

Adrian detached himself from the crowd and nodded solemnly at Hans and Cate. Cate gripped her hands nervously, her face and knuckled white. Hans just looked at Sir Dractor, and prayed that he might live.
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:Now, there are many old men in Dametreos. Lots of them have beards. A good amount of them have staffs. But very few have monkeys perched on their shoulders. In fact, I only know of one. And he is a wizard. A very powerful one. His name is Daner Pluto.

“Hello, Dale.”

The ethereal Dale slowed floated upward until he was eye level with the wizard.

“Who are you…?” he asked slowly.

“My name is Daner Pluto.” said the man.

The name wasn’t meaningless to Dale. He had heard of Daner, and his greatness. Dale had heard of Daner’s skill at healing and undoing terrible curses…

“Why are you here?” asked Dale. His eyes flicked down to the sword. Daner still gripped it firmly. As long was he had hold of it, Dale couldn’t get away.

“Why don’t we take a stroll?” suggested Daner, and without waiting for an answer, he turned about and started to walk toward the gardens that lay below the terraced balconies and windows of the Yellow Castle Ballroom. Dale had no choice but to follow, floating alongside Daner. The wizard began to talk.

“I have known about you, Dale, for a very long time. I have known of your curse the moment Majisto killed you. I have known the struggles you’ve gone through. Of you longing of Shainya. Of your jealously of Reno. Of your caring for you friends: Walf and Jos and Alex, and those who have left Orion: Logon and Stormspear. I know of your struggle within. I know of your inner Brugs.”

As Daner pronounced this last sentence Dale felt an anger that wasn’t wholly his own boil within him.

“How do you know?!” he demanded harshly.

Daner looked at Dale. Yonky his monkey chattered.

“I know.” said the wizard of old simply, “And I want to help you.”

“How?” asked Dale. The anger was seeping away, for now.

“I don’t normally do this, Dale,” said Daner, raising his staff, “But you have suffered much, Dale. Very much. And you still have a purpose here on Dametreos that does not include floating through walls. I rarely give this gift. But I do give it. For those who need it. And for those with a purpose. I gave it to Bjarn. And now I give it to you.”

“What?” asked Dale, in a whisper.

“The gift of healing.” said Daner quietly, “And please, don’t squander it, Dale. You have a life to live. Don’t waste it chasing after something you can’t acquire.”

Dale started to speak, to say, “But I’m dead, I don’t have a life!”, but he never had a chance. There was a screech of a monkey, a flash of light, and then:

Darkness. Suffocating darkness.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Grid: P-10
Location: Several miles southwest of the Dark Forest village of Hemmerington

Several miles southwest of the Dark Forest village of Hemmerington, Erik Korvalt, eldest of Mistress Korvalt’s three strapping sons, was hunting. Not for deer, but for a weed. Well, not a weed, really, an herb. A special herb. And a rare one. Healer Melkan had sent Erik on this errand, and Erik was none too pleased about it. He preferred ‘manly’ jobs, harvesting timber, helping build a small dam, raising a barn, etc, not tramping about the woods looking for a tiny shoot. Thomas Valt used to do that, fetching herbs and whatnot for Healer Melkan, but now Tom was gone, away with the big knight Sir Tractor -- or something like that.

Erik Korvalt suddenly tripped over a protruding stone. Muttering and cursing, he be began to push himself up off the ground, when he realised the herb he had spent the last hour and a half looking for was right there in front of him. Congratulating himself on his skill at herb-finding, Erik stood and bent down to pull up the herb. Then he peed in his pants.

The earth had moved. It had trembled, and it crumbled. And suddenly a hand, a gray, sallow hand, thrust itself out of the ground.

Erik yelled with fright. It was the undead! Only last night, Corporal Jarva had told a thrilling and chilling tale of how a whole band of undead had risen up and devoured at Dark Forest city north of here.

“GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!”

Without further ado, Erik Korvalt fled, yelling and screaming shrilly, abandoning the clearing as fast as his urine-soaked legs would take him.

The hand continued to wave, and then an arm broke through the surface. Then a shoulder appeared, and then a head. There was a coughing and gasping and a sputtering as the head spat out dirt. Another arm emerged, and desperately tried to wipe the grit out of it’s eyes. But no such luck. Stumbling blindly, the humanoid form lurched out of the ground and stumbled blindly until it collapsed into a shallow streamed. There is wallowed, letting the water wash the dirt away. And when the dirt was gone, a figure emerged. It was Dale. His clothes were rotten, his skin was deadly pale, and he could barely move do to the cramps. But it was Dale. And he was looking down as his hand. He had cut his hand. He had cut it on a rock. It was bleeding. And it was not transparent. Dale was alive.

Nathan's Note: Betcha didn't see that one comin'! :wink:
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

“No! Wait!” Dale screamed aloud, groping out for something to stop his rapid slide. Skirts, trousers, anything. Many dancers there were who suddenly found their feet swept out from underneath them and fell crashing to the polished floor. And if they weren’t too stunned from the fall, they heard the unfinished name Dale called out as his invisible form belly-slid through the yellow wall.

“Shain—
“What on earth?” Malder said, picking himself of the floor. “Are you alright dear?”

“I think so.” Said Serieta grabbing her husband’s arm and standing up. “What was that?”

“Alright, what has happened here?” Captain-Colonel E'terriole pushed his way through the couples to see what had happened.

“Why, Marcellinus!” Malder cried. “I was wondering where you were hiding.”

“Malder.” E'terriole smiled. “Good to see you here. Now can you tell me what just happened.”

“I’m afraid I can’t. There was some yelling and then our feet were snagged out from under us. By the way, I’ve been meaning to speak with you.”

“Not now, Malder. I’m sorry, but I’m on duty.” He started off to question more guests, but turned again, shouting back: “I have a half hour break at midnight. Find me then.”
~
Meanwhile, back at the Gaudy Goose, Worthington the carriage driver was awakened from his dozing by a nudge from Gib.

“Wha— Oh, Master Rigger. Wh-what brings you out ‘ere, this time o’ night?”

“Can you take me someplace?”

“Well yes zur. Where to? The ball?”

“No, someplace else.”
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Solesstorn instantly noticed several Eastern Knights' Kingdomers in the room. His master had told him to look out for one from Talonjay, clad in blue. But there were two in the room: One following the king, and one with a young Cavalier. "I'll have to work out which one I want myself," Solesstorn muttered to himself. He stayed in the shadows, watching them both.

Another twenty minutes passed, and very little seemed to happen with either of the two young Eastern Knights' Kingdomers. I might just be best leaving this lot and pursuing him all by myself... he thought. Suddenly, he heard a commotion. Looking over, he saw one of the young Talonjain lads attacking an older man, punching him. A second later, however, two other men heaved him off, and dragged the fuming young man away. Almost instinctively, he knew that was the one he wanted.

Solesstorn followed them.

Then, there was a change in the air.
"Now, young Jaythus," snapped Santis, releasing him, "What the bloody tyco was that about?"

Jayko, Arthur, Viktor and Santis all waited for Jaythus' explanation...
"Jayson's been driving me mad!" he cried. "He's always insulting me or Jayko. I just...lost my temper."

"Know the feeling..." Viktor murmured. Santis shot him a disapproving look, and Viktor quickly spoke. "Of course, that's no way of conducting yourself."

"Exactly. I know that Jayson can be a frustrating Son of a Shifty-Brick, but that's no cause to do what you did back there. Now, I-"

Santis Rufusclaw was stopped midsentence as a tall figure, clad in a grey robe, holding an iron staff, appearing from nowehere onto the balcony edge.

"What the blazes-" Arthur began.

"Good evening, gentlemen." he said.

Jaythus gasped. "It's him!"

"Who is he?" Viktor asked.

"I saw him in a dream once."

"That time you collapsed at the council?" Santisasked, and then turned to the stranger. "What's your name?" Santis demanded.

"My name is Solesstorn. Who I am doesn't matter right now. What matters is that we're in grave danger right now, and we've got to leave this city. Now!" he barked.
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

J-10 Grand Ball Room

With the upheaval caused by the one Talonjain lad and the big knight collapsing, Valric saw his opening. He had gathered together enough information to know that Count Belzzar lived at Valric’s destination. It was time to go have alittle “chit chat” with him. Snapping to alertness the supposedly drunk knight shot up and bolted across the ballroom leaving the confused Rodney, Theodore and Jother in their seats.

“I say that was rather rude!”

Muttered Rodney. Jother felt something strange and was on the verge of getting up and following him.

“Yeeah…Ain’t quiet lik him at all…” Groaned Theodore.

Valric made his way out into the terraced gardens. He felt naked without his sword or his armour but that ceremonial thing at his side would have to do. If it were needed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kale snaked through tall statues and fountains. He had no idea where he was going or why. The pain in his body filled him with an unfamilar sense of dread. Drawing his sword he stumbled against a tree. He was in such a mood he would kill the first minifig who got to close.

“The mana flow it feels “different”. I cannot say how, but it feels like a virus, a predator, a parasite is in it. While talking with several wizards in there, none seemed to notice it. Yet. The thing makes me want to heave my guts out until I am dead! I cannot go on like this!!!!!” Screeched Belzzar.

“Calm down or you’ll bring the guardsmen down upon us!” Snapped Radu.

“It must be Pythos! I was there when that madman started it! This is worse then I thought, the madman may actually succeed! He has to die, there is no other option…” Stuttered Belzzar

“Very well master. I shall go find the elites, we shall have the windships ready by dawn.” With that Radu whirled around and stalked out of the castle grounds.

Then Valric struck.

While Belzzar sighed with relief at seeing action being done he sat down on a marble bench. The a muscular arm, hard as steel came to his throat. Belzzar tried to scram for help but Valric wouldn’t allow more then a gasp for breath. He dragged him off the bench and into the shadows where their “chit chat” could go unoticed.

Valric slammed him against the back of a statue and his sword was at Belzzar’s jugular.

“Oaf!!!! For this insult I’ll see to it you and all your bloodline die a horrible death!”

“I’m flattered…”

Laughed Valric giving Belzzar a punch to the gut, that took all the fight right out of him.

Kale leaned closer for a better look. True Pythos assigned him the job of guarding Belzzar but that was only to the ball. He’d just see where this goes before taking action.

“Now you come from castle Dracul, correct?” Growled Valric. Belzzar nodded his head quickly as if his life depended on it.

“Now do you happen to know Pytho…” Valic stopped when he saw the count’s eyes widen.

“Excellent! Now if you don’t mind tell me what he’s plotting. I knows its something…”

Judging by Valric’s glare, Belzzar wimpered and told him everything he knew about Pythos.Valric listened in stoney silence. He rose to his feet and turned away. Kale stepped in his path.

“About time you did something useful you tyco Bull!”

Shrieked Belzzar failing to regain his composure. He bolted off with such speed even Valric blinked in surprise.

“Ah the slayer of the Ghoul of Orion. A pleasure to meet you at last. Pythos was not very pleased with the lose of Wiegraf. I served Pythos much better so it doesn’t really matter to me. But now that you’ve decided to hassle that coward I’ll finally get the chance to see if your as good a warrior as they say you are.”

Valric smiled pleasantly and tore his flimsy sword out of it’s scabbard.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:After a bit of sliding, Bjarn and Vanderdious managed to deposit the big knight onto a bed. Nurses and healers swarmed about him, while the Chief Warden began to interrogate the witnesses on what had happened.

Adrian detached himself from the crowd and nodded solemnly at Hans and Cate. Cate gripped her hands nervously, her face and knuckled white. Hans just looked at Sir Dractor, and prayed that he might live.
The chief healer in the infirmary was inspecting Sir Dractor hastily, while his assistants were applying damp cloths to his forehead, wiping away the vomit from his mouth, and doing their general best to make him more comfortable.

"This isn't good," said the chief healer, "he's shaking like a rattlesnake. His symptoms are a hodgepodge of illnesses. You!" he pointed at Hans, "Go find Lisetta Alabaster! Have her come her immediately."

Hans left the room immediately, Adrian and Cate close behind.

"Who is Lisetta Alabaster?" asked Adrian, as they dashed down a corridor.

"One of the Imperial Mages," replied Cate, "she specialises in healing."

"The Emperor has Mages... but BloodVaine..." Adrian sputtered out.

"Not powerful ones, and half of them are shams, I'm sure," said Hans. "Historically, most powerful magically inclined people prefer to work for themselves. And the Emperor's sceptre can pretty much take care of any magical threat. But yes, the Emperor does have Mages. Would Lisetta be in the magery, or at the ball, do'you think, Cate?"

"The magery," said Cate, "I don't think she was at the Ball. I certainly didn't see her."

They arrived in the magery, a small observatory on the top of the southwest tower, having climbed five flights of stairs. They were met by a tall, stern-looking blonde lady: Lisetta Alabaster.

"You're needed in the infirmary!" Hans announced breathlessly. Without a word, Lisetta nodded, and, instead of heading to the stairs, went to a pole on the opposite end of the room, and slid down five floors.

"Faster," she said as she descended. Cate dashed right after her, and Adrian- with a queasy look at Hans, did likewise. Soon they were all back on the main floor. Lisetta led the way to the infirmary, not running, but striding along at an incredible pace.

"Magical illness," she confirmed, as soon as she had felt Sir Dractor's forehead. "Enchanted cup. Possibly enchanted food. Very serious."

"Can you do anything?" asked Thomas.

"Somewhat," replied Lisetta. "Terminate it, maybe. Be very weak though, for weeks. Might relapse."

And she placed both her hands on Sir Dractor's temples, and as the big knight moaned, she began to chant, and the Mana started to course through him, wiping away the illness. But she had no power to restore his strength, and when she was finished, he lay weak and breathing heavily on the bed.

"All I can do," she said, rising. "He'll survive." And she strode out of the room.

"Who would have wanted to do that to Sir Dractor?" asked Adrian.

"It might have been meant for me- or for anybody," said Bjarn. "We were hardly particular about who got what goblet. I'm pretty sure it was one of those goblets."

"And I just snatched those goblets from wherever," said Thomas. "They might have been meant for someone important, like Lord Void- or the Emperor."
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

J-10 The Gardens

The two knights met eachother with a crash. Kale’s sword darted left and right, Valric could hardly keep up. He could have with his old sword but as he expected, the rapier he used now wouldn’t last long.

If it wasn’t fot the merry sounds of the ball, the two combatants would have aroused the entire garrison of guardsmen.

Kale was too fast to keep up with. Growling Valric just threw him a solid punch. Kale flew backwards and landed in a bush. He spat blood out and stumbled to his feet as Valric counter attacked. Kale rolled backwards into another path. Cursing Valric just ran forward and shreddeded the bush with his sword.

The two met again sending sparks flying. They moved slowly down the path. Trading blow for blow. The two came close to a balcony filled with several guests from the ball.

Without a word both warriors cricled away from them. The two whirled around a line of a dozen statues. Kale jumped to the top of one and launched himself at Valirc. He leapt back as Kale buried his sword in the ground. Swinging a savage blow, Kale shattered Valric’s sword.

Luckily for Valric, two guardsmen walked up, seemingly oblivious to the entire duel.

“Sorry lad!”

Shouted Valric as he jumped one and took his sword. Kale didn’t hesitate for a second. He punched one in the face. The force of his gauntlet knocked him out immediately. The second guardsmen knew Valric and picked a side without thinking. Kale swung his sword at the man’s head. At the last possible second Kale turned his blade, turning a killing blow into a stunning blow.

Now the commotion drew some onlookers. Soon a handful of more guardsmen joined the fight. Kale knew he was beaten and fled. Valric leapt after him. Soon the rest of the guardsmen began to lag behind. Kale jumped into a tree and hopped from one branch to another. Then coming as close to the wall he could, he leapt over it.

Valric then heard something wooden shattered and a cat shrieking. “TYCO!!!!!!!!” Came Kale’s voice.

Valric turned back to the guardsmen. He had earned their trust and he knew they had doubts about the “Bull rogue” anyway. With the knowledge of where Pythos was, Valric soon set about getting drunk again…
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Sir Kohran wrote:"My name is Solesstorn. Who I am doesn't matter right now. What matters is that we're in grave danger right now, and we've got to leave this city. Now!" he barked.
“Like -- er -- what?” stammered Viktor, not comprehending. He wasn’t the only one.

“How are we in danger?” asked Santis suspiciously.

Solesstorn waved his “good” hand (he kept he undead hand hidden beneath his robes) impatiently.

“There’s no time to explain now!” he hissed, and began to push them toward the doors.

“Now just hold a bloody second, old chap!” snapped Arthur, “Jayko and I are Imperial Cavaliers! We have a duty to the Emperor! We can’t run off!”

Jayko looked hesitating, but he stuck by Arthur. Solesstorn sighed impatiently.

“On your heads be it!” he said, “But you three,” he gestured at Santis, Viktor and Jaythus, “come!”

They continued to hesitate.

“Why?” said Jaythus.

Solesstorn’s mind raced. This was getting difficult…

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"Who would have wanted to do that to Sir Dractor?" asked Adrian.

"It might have been meant for me- or for anybody," said Bjarn. "We were hardly particular about who got what goblet. I'm pretty sure it was one of those goblets."

"And I just snatched those goblets from wherever," said Thomas. "They might have been meant for someone important, like Lord Void- or the Emperor."
All of them fell silent after this pronouncement. The Chief Warden approached Bjarn and said, “Is there any family we can contact?”

Bjarn shook his head after a pause.

“Nay…” he say, almost adding out loud, but stopping himself, We are his family.

“Chief Warden,” said Bjarn suddenly, “What will happen to him now?”

The Chief Warden looked over to the limp Sir Dractor, who was now carefully being undressed of his soiled royal garb by nurses. Until he fully recovered, Sir Dractor would spend his days in a simple white robe.

“He’ll be weak for a very long time -- a month perhaps, or even more.”

“Can he, be moved?” asked Bjarn carefully, “Does he need any special attention now?”

The Chief Warden answered Bjarn’s second question first.

“He’ll need plenty of water, and soft foods only. No meat.”

“But what about herbs, medicines, potions?” interjected Shainya.

The Chief Warden shook his head.

“All he needs now is rest and simple food. As to moving him,” the Chief Warden returned to Bjarn’s first question, “He shouldn’t be moved for a week. But after that, putting him on a litter will be fine. No wagons or horse-drawn transport. Too jerky. He must be carried by humans.”

Bjarn nodded solemnly.

“Where, may I ask,” said the Chief Warden, “do you intend to take him?”

“Drullen Bell.” said Bjarn, looked at Sir Dractor, “His home.”
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

They continued to hesitate.

“Why?” said Jaythus.

Solesstorn’s mind raced. This was getting difficult…

Solesstorn was getting irritable. If his senses were right, they only had a small amount of time left, and they were wasting it. He tried to keep his temper down as he answered.

"Look, I'm sorry, but there's no time to tell you just right now. But as soon as we're away from here, I'll tell you everything."

"Well, I don't see any danger." Jaythus retorted, peering unsteadily around himself. The streets were filled with laughing citizens, all celebrating the peace in their own way.

"The boy's right," Viktor added, "And we have things yet to do at this ball. I'm going back in."

Solesstorn frowned.

This is taking far too long...

"No. Now let's move."

"Look here!" Santis barked, gritting his teeth. "I've had enough of this nonsense. Now, who-"

He was cut off mid-sentence as a large dark shape swooped out from the night sky, heading for Jayko, knocking Viktor and Santis aside with rough claws. Santis tried to scream, but he could only gasp out his warning to Jayko. The young Talonjain jumped back just in time, just as Solesstorn raised his iron staff. A burst of flames appeared at its head, and then rippled out at the dark creature. The thing screehed in panic at the fire, before retreating back into the dark abyss of night. Jaythus fell back in shock. Some of the citizens below looked up, having seen the flames, but soon turned back to their drinks and food.

No-one spoke. Arthur was helping Jayko up, whilst Viktor and Santis stood up, their heads reeling. Solesstorn grabbed Jaythus. Arthur coughed, then spoke.

"What the tyco was that!? And how in the name of Jack Stone did you make that fire!?"

"That's the reason we have to leave! Now!" Solesstorn snapped.

Viktor, Santis and Jaythus needed no further urging.

"Get to the stables, and get some horses. Try and find your armour and other weapons, and any food, if you can. Keep your swords out at all time, and try and find a torch each, if you can. I can't keep a fire up for too long. And be careful. That thing might be back, and it's probably not alone."

The three Eastern Knights' Kingdomers nodded glumly, before taking a staircase down into the bright streets. Solesstorn smiled. Now there was just one other thing to do in Orion. He turned back towards Arthur and Jayko. Both of the Cavalier cadets looked dazed by the attack they had witnessed.

"So, are you two, coming, or not?"
Last edited by Sir Kohran on Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
the_great_one
Artisan

Post by the_great_one »

Reno and Shainya looked at each other, staring.
"C'mon" Reno said, taking a hold of Shainyas hand and leading her to the gardens.
Reno was still shocked at what Shainya had asked Reno
"Will you still love me when i am with child?"
"Shainya..." Reno said, gazing deep into Shainyas eyes
"I will always love you, no matter what happens." He finished, and placed a deep kiss on Shainya's lips. She smiled, then returned the kiss.

BANG.

Reno was sprawled on the floor, blood oozing from his face.

"No!" Shainyas voice shouted,

Reno was gripped by the scruff of the neck, but then pushed to the floor,

"Dale please!" Shainya shouted again.

Dale considered what he was doing, and looked into the dark night sky, then looked back to Reno. Dale pulled Reno to his feet.

"C...C... Congratulations, Reno, Shainya." Dale said, a tear rolling down his face.
[url=http://www.google.com]Your Greatest Friend[/url]
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Sir Kohran wrote:The three Eastern Knights' Kingdomers nodded glumly, before taking a staircase down into the bright streets. Solesstorn smiled. Now there was just one other thing to do in Orion. He turned back towards Arthur and Jayko. Both of the Cavalier cadets looked dazed by the attack they had witnessed.

"So, are you two, coming, or not?"

Arthur shook his head firmly. Jayko again hesitated, but then also shook his head.

"Fine then!" snapped Solesstorn, and with a flutter of cloak he was gone.

+++++++++++++++++++++

"So sorry, I, er, gotta go!" Viktor was saying hastily to Crusader Captain Horatio Johnson.

"What, now?"

"Yes!" said Viktor hurridly, "But, ah, thanks for your hospitality, and all that..."

Johnson shook his head in wonderment at the erratic Eastern Knight's Kingdomer, or "Jellybean", as he thought of him.

"Fine them." sighed Johnson, "And don't forget you are always welcome in Crusader lands..."

"Yeah, yeah..." said Viktor, and rushed off.

The incident of the wraith-creature had rattled him very much. He never liked obeying strangers, and this Solesstorn was one creepy guy, but Viktor didn't think he had a choice.

Wonderful, he though wryly, another adventure...

He caught up with Santis just as he and Jaythus exited the ballroom. They were now rushing through the empty dining room.

"Some turn of events this is." muttered Santis darkly, "First young Jaythus and his outburst, then that Solesstorn fellow, and then that...beast!"

Viktor muttered, "Aye," then said, looking down at his fancy Crusader garb, "Any idea where I can get a decent suit of armor?"

"I've got a spare..." said Santis, "bit tight for me, but as seeing you're smaller than me..."

It was a hurried five minute walk to the stables, and as they quickly suited up and readied the horses, Solesstorn appeared.

"The young cadets stay." he said tonelessly, "Ready yet?" he added impaciently.

"Just about." mutted Viktor as he pulled on a chest plate painted bright red, "Haven't worn something like this in a while..."

'Well hurry!" snapped Solesstorn, but said no more until the three harried Eastern Knights Kingdomers were ready.
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

One month ago

O-13

Kor looked at the freshly dug grave and tried to hold back the tears. How could he have let this happen? The boy Shan, who was probably no older then 14, had his life snuffed out.

The tears started to fall.

“No. I won’t cry.” He said to himself. “I barely even knew the boy, how can I be crying over him? Grown men don’t cry!” But he couldn’t help himself.

Kor started to get mad at himself, why couldn’t he have saved the boy? There was only three Shadow Knights, and one of them was wounded. Why couldn’t he save him?

About half an hour later, Cynan came back from the wood holding two dead rabbits by the feet. Kor had gotten control of himself, but he guessed his eyes were bloodshot.

When Cynan saw him, he said in a mocking voice “You weren’t crying over that megablok were you?”

Kor glared at him, but said nothing.

“Come on” Cynan continued “you barely even knew him, and know you’re crying over him. You’re weaker than I thought.”

“Weak!? What does caring about someone have anything to do with weakness?!” Kor voice was weak, but Cynan could tell he probably shouldn’t make him mad, so he treid to change the subject;
“Lets cook these rabbits and eat, I’m starving.”

“Yes, lets.” Replied Kor, “than lets get out of this Tyco land.”
A figure slid down a tree without a sound and then walked silently eastwards. The figure was dressed completely in green and had a dagger and some senban shuriken.
That man is worthy, Hidemitsu thought as he walked toward the coast where his ship waited. The young man had looked like a good warrior but that wasn´t the most important thing about him.
Jihi no kokoro, benevolent heart, he thought and smiled slightly. Maybe his luck had turned.

The first mate Katamori stood on the deck of Kofukuryu and gazed at the forest. He´d been waiting for the captain for hours now. He had just walked away and refused to tell them anything. Katamori sighed but suddenly he saw a figure come out from the shadows of the forest.
At last, it was the captain. He felt a sensation of relief and called out to him:
"Welcome back, Kukishinden-dono. Is everything alright?"
Hidemitsu climbed up the ship quickly and gracefully and nodded. "We´ll leave tonight, but I´d like a talk with my little brother first. I have a mission for him..."

Takemasa had walked through the forest for two days and he´d finally caught up with the men. Just follow him, his brother had told him. A pretty boring assignment but Takemasa was content anyway. He had finally got a real mission and he wasn´t going to blow it. He picked up some coal from a pocket and wrote a few words on a scrap of paper and then he gave it to his falcon. "Take this to my brother and come back as quickly as possible", he whispered to it and then it stretched out his wings and flied away.
Takemasa looked at Kor and shrugged. I wonder what´s so important with him. He´s just a boy, not much older than me.
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis