Classic Castle Roleplay Planning: July 2005

LEGO gaming, including group role playing games
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:I never said the character would have to go. But the invasion must. And I do want to hear what Drake has to say. But I stand by all what I said above.

Either that post needs a major, major facelift, or it should be deleted and Vermicus rebooted and given a new intro. Either way, the invasion goes.
Yes, Sir Kohran, you need not fear for the continued survival of Vermicus as a character. And he can continue to have PLANS for taking over the world. Nothing wrong with those, as both Vaekadaer and Pythos have a touch of that.

What is NOT acceptable is the massing of big armies of "orcs, trolls and mercs to bolster his Shadow Knight armies". This smacks far too much of "war".

Battles are fine. Skirmishes, feuds, etc, etc, that involve a limited (say a few regiments) number of people and a small space (say a small wood or a village) are fine.

What was posted was clearly a massive army buildup, which is overdoing it, and stretching past the reasonable limits.

Also, with regards to Swift and his murder, if you can demonstrate that there is a good reason for it, I suppose that it can legitimately stay, but I DID ask that there be no bloody occurences in Orion at this time.

A large reason that I thought up this "Ball" and related festivities is to promote character-posting. Most of the Roleplayers are very good at adventures and fighting- to the point that they feel chafed by the rules. However, simply posting for dramatic, comedic, tragic, and romantic reasons seems to have fallen by the wayside.

Therefore, if you wish to keep the Swift part of your post intact at all, I suggest that Swift leave the other man unconscious, not dead. Passing out the in the streets makes sense, it's permissible.

~Michael A. Joosten - Gaming Moderator~
Sir Drake
Archer

Post by Sir Drake »

I've deleted the parts that were, well, bad stuff. I'll rethink the Sorceror part, but he'll surely come up again :wink: .

*EDIT* I'm leaving on vacation saturday, so it'll take a while till I shal post again (about 2-3 weeks).
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

It might just be me, but it really feels like the RP is slowing down. The Ball, for all its build-up and excitement, seems to already be fizzling out. Nathan and Mike are the only ones who seem to be constantly posting, everyone else seems to just be following along. Sorry if this sounds insulting, but I just can't help but feel like this. :?

Please, someone help me get over this, somehow.

- Matt

PS: Nathan, was it intentional that the Misfits were reunited in the same order that they met? I enjoyed that part, anyhow.
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Sir Kohran wrote:It might just be me, but it really feels like the RP is slowing down. The Ball, for all its build-up and excitement, seems to already be fizzling out. Nathan and Mike are the only ones who seem to be constantly posting, everyone else seems to just be following along. Sorry if this sounds insulting, but I just can't help but feel like this. :?

Please, someone help me get over this, somehow.
Fizzled out? Nay! The Ball's just begun! Everything up to now's just been the build-up. The fun begins when the dancing begins. :twisted:

If fact, I just posted now. I say, just started posting, and get characters to meet one another, with or without plans. Get Jaythus to meet Lord Void, or Sir Dractor, or Valric! Obviously Santis and Viktor have reunited, perhaps after the Ball they can go on adventures with one another. Everything was slow at first because people are trying to get the things that they had planned out of the way so they can now have some unplanned fun! For instance, I had planned to get Lord Void and Ajaxx to confront one another, and now that I'm done with that, I'm free to do as I wish.

To sum it up (and to use my classic phrase): just roleplay it.

Just start doing something random, and I'm sure something will come out of it that will be fun.
Sir Kohran wrote:PS: Nathan, was it intentional that the Misfits were reunited in the same order that they met? I enjoyed that part, anyhow.
Aye, it was. Glad you caught that! :D
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
The Green Knight
Reeve

Post by The Green Knight »

Hey Nathan, I need to make a change the "other" category in Malder Peregil's profile. Just to update it to the current RP. Here's what I'd like it to read:

Other: Malder, although over protective of his family, is just and fair, holding a strong allegiance to his king. He has a wife and six children, as well as four siblings: three sisters and a brother who died in the same battle as Malder’s father.

Anyway, if you could do that it'd be kewl. Thanks.
Let us stop for a moment and ponder the signiture...

Ok, enough of that!
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Lord of the Lego wrote:Nathan's Note: Betcha didn't see that one comin'! :wink:
Actually, I kinda did. Even before Daner showed up, it was apparent that something was going to happen with him. I mean, you just wouldn't let him die.

Its great to see him back in the flesh. :D

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Here´s my first character then...

Name: Kukishinden Hidemitsu
Background: He´s captain of the ship Kofukuryu (Happy Dragon). He counts most of the factions as his enemies but he seems to bear a certain hatred for the Black Falcons for unknown reasons. He is a fierce fighter but not unnecesarrily cruel and he´s very nice and fair to his crew. They love him and almost worship him but he doesn´t want to be counted as better than anyone else.
Faction: Ninja
Equipment: Varies but his weapons of choice are the katana, bo (staff) and the naginata (halberd)
Other information: Although very few could picture the ruthless but humble captain as a spy and assassin he´s very skilled in the arts of deception, disguise and stealth.
Hierarchy: Captain
Looks: Most often he wears black clothing and doesn´t show off his status in any way. When he fights he use to wear armor and a helmet with a grinning mask.
His features are unmarred and could almost be called beautiful. He has very dark eyes which causes most people to look away. (Will try to get a picture someday).
Class: Main
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Welcome to the CCRP, Maedhros!

That's an interesting character you've submitted.

Please remember, though, to read the past few months of the Roleplay, as well as the Archived Epics, and to have your character approved by our Admin (Lord_Of_The_LEGO), before you begin posting.

~Michael A. Joosten - Gaming Moderator~
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Yeah, I´ve begun. Pretty much to read :D
"Hinc satis elucet maiorem habere uim ad discenda ista liberam curiositatem quam meticulosam necessitatem.”
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Maedhros wrote:Yeah, I´ve begun. Pretty much to read :D
Welcome, Maedhros! 8) Nice character.

In case you wanted to know, pretty much everyone's at Orion right now, in a grand Ball at the Yellow Castle.
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Thank you :)

Let´s kick some serious yellowcastle MEGABLOKS then
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Ok, several things to address...

First off, welcome to the Classic Castle Roleplay, Maedhros. I'll get your character uploaded as soon as possible. However, I just want to note that Mike (Formendacil), who created the Ball and the celebrations surrounding it, would prefer violence be kept to a minimum. The goal of this Ball is to have different characters meet one another, not fight one another.

Also, Nik, I'm glad to see you've started posting again! However, there are several critical errors in your post. Everything is fine until Dale appears. You see, Dale is now alive again, and no longer a ghost. He is currently outside the Dark Forest village of Hemmerington, which is on Fell Isle, and halfway across the map. There's no way he could have teleported back to Orion. Other than that, I like your post. Perhaps you should just remove everything from the word "BANG" down.

Thanks!
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
00Psyren00
Laborer

Post by 00Psyren00 »

I would like to join CC roleplay but I am not sure where to start or how to register my character. :oops:
Can anyone please help me on how to join?
EDIT: could I have a character that I describe but other people control him/her/it?
Last edited by 00Psyren00 on Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maedhros
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Maedhros »

Let´s kick some serious yellowcastle MEGABLOKS then
However, I just want to note that Mike (Formendacil), who created the Ball and the celebrations surrounding it, would prefer violence be kept to a minimum. The goal of this Ball is to have different characters meet one another, not fight one another.
Of course, just needed to get used to new kinds of curses :P
- Augustinus Hipponensis
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Alright, members pages have been updated:

http://www.classic-castle.com/events/ga ... mbers.html

Welcome to the Classic-Castle Roleplay, Dark Cloak and Maedhros! Feel free to post anytime.

Also, the Map page has been updated with Fry's new awesome map:

http://www.classic-castle.com/events/ga ... aymap.html

8)